R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-30-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Trinity Street Spec Car

Got a question about the trinity Street Spec cars, I just picked one up and decided to run it tonight and have been having some handling issues, basically the main problem is that I am having traction roll( i think) the car flips over in the turns...I am racing on oval carpet... I am using green tires in back and a blue on right front and green on left... with the stock springs... my question is what can I do to get the car to handle properly...thanks in advance Jeff
jeffbhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not into oval, but on 12th scale we normally harden the front tires sidewal with CA if we have traction roll problems.
Just make sure no glue gets on the tire's running surface, only on the side.

Hope this helps!
Pro ten Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

You didn't say if you "trued" the tires. If you are running them at full height, they will definitely cause you to traction roll. If you still have problems, a stiffer front spring should take care of the problem.
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Tires too big, ride height too high, springs too soft all = traction roll
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Tires have not been trued yet since I do not have a truer yet...(looking to buy one)...What would be a good numer to true the tires to? also do you guys know what the trinity spec car transmition ratio is? thx in advance
jeffbhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At my club we do run a spec class using Trinity Steet Spec cars and yes they do handle like a brick $$$$house!

The key word is drive smoooooooth. The first few races with mine I rolled it at about the end of the straight ever other lap. Since then I have not had a problem. A few things have helped, but driving it smoother was the biggest.

A few setup tips:

1) Crank down the tweak screws. I run my rear pod pretty stiff. This will keep from lifting the inside front tire and let you drive smoother. It's not necessarily the fastest setup but the most consistent. Sacrifice a 1/10 or two a lap to avoid 4-5 seconds from crashing.

2) I run about 1-2 degrees of toe-out. Too little and it wanders a lot and you have to crank the wheel to hard to get it to turn, again causing rolling.

3) Grease the damper plates. I'm one of two guys who does it and we are the only two who never roll anymore. I use torsion diff grease from 1/8 scale buggies. It's very sticky and keeps the car from chattering through the corners. Again, prevents rolling.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything else with Spec!

Edit: One more thing, none of us true the tires. Run the rear pod spacers up and the thick and thin spacers under the front suspension plate. Full traction compound on front and 2/3 rears for me.
gubbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote