Why do Factory Modified guys runs 19-turn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do Factory Modified guys runs 19-turn

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

I like the factory mod guys running in 19t it makes the level of competition that much better. I like a chance to see how I compare. Plus when you fly with turkeys your just that, Fly with eagles and your what?

Plus finishing in the D main with the pro's is better then the B main in the sportsman class without pros.

If your trying to be noticed , you'll be seen more by the scouts running with the pro's. Hopefully your good and dont take one of them out!

Just my thoughts, I guess I am one of those that likes to work at getting better by running against the best
. People that are successful at what they do generally have the swim or sink mentality , have patience, and understand that through hours of practice and studying that you may or may never get closer to winning a championship .
But if the level of competion is that much tougher, it is respectful to be in D main with eagles. If you give all you got it feels good because you tried .

The point is have fun at what ever level your at and enjoy your childhood passion of playing with super cool toy cars!. Lets stop worrying over whos pro or not.

.02 cents

Last edited by speedxl; 12-29-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Before this gets out of hand and off topic, I truely am laughing. Not at anyone but with everyone.
I am glad we are all having humour with this, because man the reality of life today sure is stress full !

Good to have a laugh!

There are quite a few people on this site with chips on their shoulders.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't smile, I sneer! :-D

Yea, it's all in good fun. Sorry for making fun of people's avatars and ability to read, you guys are all stock A-mainers in my book.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I could'nt say it better.
It deffinitly will give you an idea where your at in skill level, set up, and tweakabilty of your products you choose to race with.
No matter if your all equal or not.
It would boil down to the best radio set up I guess.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I don't smile, I sneer! :-D

Yea, it's all in good fun. Sorry for making fun of people's avatars and ability to read, you guys are all stock A-mainers in my book.
iM fR om oKlahoma and I tHink My rieading aNd wRiating is finE
Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

syndrome its cool, i know where u r coming from. I just wrote right because some of us can run with the big dogs. lol
Old 12-29-2006, 06:50 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Sponsored stock racer seem to always get bashed for not moving up to 19-turn or Mod but I never heard people voice their opinions about mod. racers moving down Roar made an attempt to increase the mod class at the expense of the stock class by reducing the # of cells, my opinion but maybe if the mods guys quit moving down then maybe the stock will move up lets talk about.

1. Is for more track time?
2. contract?
3. or just cherry pickin'

The main reason Team Losi races 19T at the major events is because we are there, we have spent the $$ to be there, so why not race a 2nd class to promote the cars. Also track time is valuable as well. Also 19T is the largest class at all these events.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let's face it folks the "pros" do this to have fun just like the rest of us. They just have the talent to get a few bucks out of it.

At a big race I can see where running 2 classes will help. There's no subsitute for track time.

At the local races modified is too hard on equipment. One slight mistake and you're changing suspension parts. At least in 19t you have a chance of driving away from a wreck.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by steve eaves
iM fR om oKlahoma and I tHink My rieading aNd wRiating is finE
I graduated from OU. :-D
Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Let's face it folks the "pros" do this to have fun just like the rest of us. They just have the talent to get a few bucks out of it.

At a big race I can see where running 2 classes will help. There's no subsitute for track time.

At the local races modified is too hard on equipment. One slight mistake and you're changing suspension parts. At least in 19t you have a chance of driving away from a wreck.
That is so true.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Lord

Wasn't 19T included at big events specifically for more track time? If not, what was the original reason for including it at every major on-road event in the US?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Wasn't 19T included at big events specifically for more track time? If not, what was the original reason for including it at every major on-road event in the US?
More money for the race organizers.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
More money for the race organizers.
I don't know the economics of putting on a large race, but hopefully that's less about greed and more about making events more enjoyable for everybody.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Wake up little dreamer
Old 12-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Why do the "pro" racers get picked on so much on rctech? dows anybody think that guys like Rick Howart or Barry Baker would be less capable of winning races without sponsorship? Why are the "pros" treated like in-human driving robots?

Whats wrong with the best drivers winning the races? Does anybody really feel that the best drivers should be eliminated from certain classes so that less talented drivers can win? Would any of you feel like a winner knowing you only won because the drivers that are better than you were not allowed to compete?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.