Xray (fk05) downstop / droop measuring question
I'm trying to set the droop and downstop on an FK05 and I need some help.
1) The Xray setup sheet says that on the rear, measure downstop "under block". On the Xray FAQ, it says for the rear of an Fk05, measure "under the rear upright". Does that mean I measure from beneath the large boss into which the set screw goes under the rear hub? Or do I measure from the bottom of the hub, but not beneath the set screw boss which sticks out approx 1 or 2mm beneath it? Or???
2) The factory setups only refer to downstop, not droop. Downstop, as best I can understand it, refers to how far above or below the bottom of the chassis the specified measuring point is when the suspension is unloaded and against the downstops. Is my head screwed on straight here?
3) Are the values stated on the setup sheets positive, ie, above the chassis, or negative, below the chassis when they simply say downstop front=2mm rear =6mm?
4) Seems to me that downstop only specifies droop if you know both ride height and tire height, otherwise we don't know where the chassis sits at rest. Different ride heights will produce different droop, and same ride height will produce different droop depending on the tire height. Why aren't droop values shown on the xray sheets? Or do I just follow everything to a T, downstop plus specified ride height and tire diameter to get the droop they had?
5) Do you put some grease on the downstop screws? Its really had to adjust owing to the difficulty of moving the screw smoothly. The thread is so tight that it only moves in snaps as it brakes loose under great torque from a wrench?