Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
show of hands for your favorite shaft driven car >

show of hands for your favorite shaft driven car

show of hands for your favorite shaft driven car

Old 03-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default show of hands for your favorite shaft driven car

was thinking, with so many shaft driven cars coming out on the market. wanted to get an idea which cars you all prefer.

if anyone out there is thinking of switching over or just want to get some ideas about these types of cars, hopefully this could be the place to get their questions answered.

please state briefly the car of your choice and the reason.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Barracuda..

Umm that was a given and you know why....
1)Light
2)Low maintanance
3)New R2
4)Very minimal Torque steer
5)Not a TC3 or EVO.
6)Performer Right out of the Box (R2)

-Dave
Old 03-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

My fave shaft driven car is the XXXS...... Ooooops.... Never mind.... No really, I'm waiting for Xray to release a shaft driven car. THAT would be awesome. I dont know what they're thinking with that Raycer car, but a shaft driven car from Xray would seriously get me to take a look at it. Right now though I'll give props to the Evo III and Barracuda, TC3 is also the all time classic.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like HPI Pro 4, and the new Yokomo. I think X-Ray should get a clue and go for shaft or single belt.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

i kinda like the TB evo III from tamiya.
dang it, i got the tb01, and a while later the tb evo I came out.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Until I see something match the sucess the TC3 has had I dont think I could pick anything else from a pure racing standpoint. Sure you could come up with 100s of excuses why its not the TC3 chassis, but the TC3 has been in the front at pretty much every major race in North America. I think as of today if your are looking for the top preforming shaft car, then its the TC3 no question. Maybe the Evo 3, Pro 4, or the new Yok will tople the TC3's dominance once they get a little more track time, and more hop ups become available, but for now its the TC3 all the way.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

mmm... Xray quality with TC3 design. fast... *drool*
Old 03-02-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there,

I dont want to offend any one but you know wy there are so many TC3's winning? BECAUSE ALMOST EVERYONE HAS ONE!!!!!
This makes it easyer for the TC3 to stay on top.
Sorry for getting off topic.

HPI PRO4 (Want one)
TB01-r (have it, and like it)
TL01 (have it, and like it)

-Whacky.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the tc3 is winning not due to lack of competition, there are many other factory drivers and factory teams, it just that the other ones are towards the front like AE, and its not drivers, since Josh has won some races, Barry has, and Mike Dumas won some as well, so you cant say because of the drivers they are winning, the tc3 is just a better car.

Maybe if there are more tc3's than other cars in club racing, you think it might be for a reason!?!?! its a very fast, easy to work on sedan. yes it might not handle as well as a xxx-s or xray, but it makes up for it in the drivetrain. just because a car is shaftdrive doesnt always mean it will be as good as the tc3, you try getting an HPI shaft drive car to spin for even 2 seconds, instead of the 15 seconds of a tc3 with a little work (it doesnt matter how many hours an HPI will never be that good).
Old 03-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Yokomo MR 4TC SD

Well Guys we might as well throw in the NEW Yokomo
MR 4TC SD. Just go to RC ZONE or Yokomo's forum
and check it out. It's kind of cross between the EVO III
and a TC3 with silver thrown in on the side!
Old 03-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sport TC3 hands down

Racer proven, value is over the top, easy to tune and it has after market support. Some complain of durability but for alittle extra throw in the IRS alum input shafts, sterering bearings, front shiny cvds, and Penguins (easy $6 fix) front bumper for durability. Oh, its a race car.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Have to agree on the TC3... Although Yokomo is about to throw the R/C world balance head over feet...
Old 03-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Lightbulb R2

You guys might Be a little shocked ... but once the R2 comes to the states this month or next.... It's going to surprise a lot of you... ..try to think out of the box... ...also the Yok' is going to cause a lot of term-oil also ... HPI...?? hmmm 3 new comers to try to take down the TC-3........ and then theres the EVOIII.? .. Front end issues.? but they might be worked out soon.??

This year looks to be very good for shaft cars

-Dave
Old 03-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Whacky
Hi there,

HPI PRO4 (Want one)
TB01-r (have it, and like it)
TL01 (have it, and like it)

-Whacky.
TB01-r ?
You got a picture of that?
Old 03-03-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

I think there's a lot of hype about those shaft cars.

Anyway, my favorite shaft car?

The Yok, AE, Evo3 and HPI, are well supported around here in Denmark, Europe.

I dont like the fragile arms and bearings on the TC3. And in general, I dont like tub-chassis'.

The Evo3 seems to be of a very high quality. Around here, the price are a little at the high end, but not enough to count it out. However, from a car at this price range, I'll demand adjustability like an X-Ray. And an X-Ray Evo2 with front one-way, are the same price as the Evo3 around here.

So it seems that either the Yokomo or HPI will be my favorite. Based on my experineces with HPI so far, HPI got an advantage over Yokomo. But I'll have to check out those cars, when more information are avaible. If they aint got the adjustability of an X-Ray, or at least a Mission, I'll count them out.

Based purely on the pictures, I could easily fall in love with the Baracuda, but it aint avaible around here.... Hopeless love

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 03-03-2003 at 05:01 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.