R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-28-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Unhappy novak esc (charlie)

i raced to day and it my esc worked fine until i hit a wall. then my esc seemed to be jammed at half throttle for the rest of the race till it died( i had no control,it seemed to go fast then slow down). The people from novak said the super rooster would run safely on 4 cells and not damage the esc. BUT my throtle dosen't work now and when i turn the esc on the led just glow s red, Even when i try to reset it all that happens is it stayes blank and won't turn red again like it's suppose to. after i let go of the button to reset it it turn from blank to green then red and stays in red. i know its not the motor because i tryed it in a nother car. no smoke came out of the esc and it didn't seem to act funny up until it seemed to be jamed. i am very frusterated because this esc cost me alot of money ( i make 60 cnd a month and it cost me 220 canadian ) can i send this into novak to be repaired and at what cost? could i fix it my self of could my lhs do it. i know wanrente isn't covered anymore so dose anyone now price estimated? if it will be over $40cnd then it looks loke i'm getting a duratrash streak.
on a lighter side i tq my first and ever race in the novic class against touring cars with 15t and i killed them with a p2k 4 cell geared 18/75.
70mph pan car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:10 PM   #2
Tech Addict
Default I would contact Novak directly...

Are you sure you did not move one of the buttons on your radio ? Do the batteries have a full charge? Reset the speedo and try it again after checking all the radio settings. This is not the place to contact Novak. Good luck.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
Tech Master

Well I'm not sure what is wrong with your ESC. It may be damaged but it is hard to say by your description. You can send the ESC in through our Non-Warranty Service at anytime. The warranty period is 120 days from the date of purchase. If you would please Email me I have some other information for you.

Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics.
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #4
Tech Adept

batteries where fine and so is the radio just the esc stays red even when i pull the trottle. i bought the esc second hand in perfect condition from a hobby show within the last 120 days does that still count?
70mph pan car is offline   Reply With Quote