Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is this???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

V-mies thanks for taking the time to translate this article. The pictures were interesting but being able to read what was going on makes it a lot more enjoyable How did this modification work on the track?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default That's my car!

Very interesting - Somebody have found my car!

Thanks V-mies for translation! I think, that everyone understand now what was the the purpose of this silly project. It was just a joke. However there is also some experimental testing. Couple of comments:

- There is no torque steering, or it is insignificant
- Metal gears are noisy and maybe little bit ineffective. I think that plastic/nylon gears would be better choice. But where I could wound these?
- Gear pitch is too big
- I have only one pinion gear, so I have to find proper overall ratio changing the motor
- I should have more time to test this car. Current setup is far from the best.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V-mies
Knowing the guy who did this and too much time at hand, i decided to translate the text. Partially an exercise for english, done mostly from top-of-the-head, there will be lots of errors. Try to endure.
Your mastery of the English language it better than most people who speak it natively. Thank you for your hard work, the translation made this whole thing much more interesting.

I don't know enough about car design to know if this is practical at all, but it sure is neat to see people experiment with new ideas.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Have to say that is an awesome effort! i wondered why associated hadn't made one just as an experiment. I suppose no one makes bevel pinions!