Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 05-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Take Off CS27

where is the cheapest place to get them ?
Old 05-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I was playing with the spacers under the ballstuds on the hubcarriers all week long...
Thanks Matt, I used a 2mm spacer on the rear myself this evening on the car, and was pleased - I run on a very slippery surface, and I actually found that it stabilised the car a lot under power, without creating understeer on the infield - similar to the results I had using that adjustment on my Pro 3 (my thinking is that wheel angles come into play as well, so I can run less static camber, and still get a good contact patch as the car rolls in the corners). I also raised the front roll-centre by using the lower holes in the hub carriers, I actually lost a little turn-in, but the car was possibly more stable in the middle and exit of the corners, so that may be worth sticking with as well.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just finished the servo mod as well. I am using a S9451 Digital servo, and it came out really well. My setup is a bit different than the one in the pic, I'll post pics of my own in a few mins.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hi , have any of you experienced shock leakage ? i have yet to run my car but there's seem to be a leakage from my shocks ..
Old 05-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you overfilled your shocks they will leak a little. There might just be oil that spilled out when you were building them and wasnt wiped away. Spray your shocks off with motor spray and see if they leak. Mine looked like they were leaking but I sprayed them with motor spray and they arent leaking.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default leaky shocks

Originally posted by Tag
hi , have any of you experienced shock leakage ? i have yet to run my car but there's seem to be a leakage from my shocks ..
Yes i also have the same problem, rebuilt my shocks twice already and still leaky as ever. What o-rings is everyone using as a replacement?
Old 05-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

rayspeed
Old 05-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

If the oil is leaking from the lower o-ring seal, the o-ring may have been scratched by the shock shaft during assembly.
Applying Green Slime shock lube on the inner o-rings might help.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default .

burritoh - I'm almost 100% sure i did not damage the o-rings when building, ill double check...thanks for the tip

James Nguyen - rayspeed makes o-rings? would steve perhaps have them in stock? I can get MIP's here locally, would they work?
Old 05-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know my local hobby shop has them. Im sure Steve has them too. MIPs would work also. In the past my MIP ones havent lasted too long.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default .

james - thanks, ill try the mip's
Old 05-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i mean, little thing like this shouldn't even be happening , shock leaking is something not difficult to spot and yokomo should make change accordingly before they even release the car ....hey, maybe this is just a isolated incidence caused by incorrect assembly but a couple of local racers who run SD also shared similar problem , some of them feel the suspension components are little fragile, some of them complain about $300+ car but no oneway etc...not very cool..
Old 05-21-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default .

Tag - very happy with the car, but i agree with you. Suspension is 1 of the most important aspects of car tuning, at least for me coz we run on a track that does not have very good traction. I was wondering when building the shocks why they only had 1 o-ring....most have 2 right? Anyway, just want to sort this out so i can go on tuning further. Thanks for the comments again guys

glide 1
Old 05-21-2003, 12:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have always used MIP O-Rings with success, I do use green slime as well.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

RANDMAN.

Sorry I couldn't answer earlier about turning servo, but RC ZOMBIES has explained it all. Mine is just the same as his, and it appears you have done it already successfully.

I ran another 5 packs yesterday evening. Lowering the gearing any more resulted in worse lap times, so now I know the best gearing for this track anyway.

I still have more push out of corners than I would like so I am about to try and sort that one out today. I will start with reducing the front droop - the easiest one. If that isn't enough I will try a thicker rear roll bar, and carry on from there, but I would not like to do anything too drastic just yet. I could also play with kick up and antisquat as those are easy ones.

Would anyone who has had similar problems please suggest simple remedies. By simple I mean without upseting other things. For example I prefer to stick to the same springs and shock oil front and rear if possible and will only go for a spring or oil change as a last resort.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.