Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 07-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, track needs to be sealed or repaved.

We used to burn through tires, but with some traction compound testing, I can get about 8 runs on CS27's in the summer before they slow down. It used to be 4 runs.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

wow, that stinks. i can get alot of runs when i race at hobbytown outside...lol
Old 07-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Are those Tamiya dampers?

Originally Posted by lem2
My LCG had its maiden run today!!!! And it ran Beautiful!!!!!! RS Yellows and RS Blue atthe back made it better in any type of corner! Considering I used a Jetta body for our 4th Annual Wacky CUP!! (wacky race=you have to use non raceable body and everybody has the same body color!!! you can bid to be in the pole position and the pot will be used up for drinks for everybody and a BIG Roasted Pig on the Side for everybody=fun/fun/fun)

I guess it will only get bettr once i use my Stratus3 or Mazda6 body!!!

Ray: a stiffer or thicker chassis will be great!!!

It took me awhile to get my hands on those cone washers, got them at RT, i do not know the part number I just sent a picture which I got from rcsquare.
Quick ?'s.. Are those Tamiya dampers? If so, how did you mount them and what is the setup length? I have tried mounting them to the lcg but have been unable to get ride height lower than 6mm. I appreciate your time and look forward to your reply. Thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
By that picture it expains why you got so many rocks. Man that track looks like it needs a new patch coat....Should only cost like $350.00 to have an asphalt expert come and do that....That track looks nice but needs to be sealed better. I won't run my LCG unless the track has been completely swept/blown off. Those lexan covers; I am waitign till Steve gets those ones for the EVO IV in then I will make them fit the LCG...
Now that you have driven it you see what I was refering to when I said it handles like a belt with the rip of shaft...Great steering on the LCG...Just not really meant for parking lot or un managed tracks...
I will get my chance to prove the LCG is great on the 17th for the next round of the JBRL here in Southern Cali. I was fast with it last time I ran it so I will try it the way it is setup now and try a different setup with a spool and see what I prefer...What I really want to try is a oneway shaft and front diff combo... Well if and when Yokomo finally releases the shaft I can then. Hey Matt any word on this?
-Shookie <><
Also what is your setup.....I like to compare notes...
I have forgotten my setup since I haven't raced it in like three weeks....The KO Grand Prix was only 19T so No LCG just BD...Now I recommend everyone that lives anywhere near here to go next year...What a great race....Funnest time RC'ing ever.

I don't have Adobe Pro so I can't post setup sheets But here's my setup and modificiations

Front
0-toe
1.0mm rollcenter shim under HPI ballstud on bulkhead
0-anti dive
.5 camber
4 castor
30wt front shock oil
short bodies
rayspeed retainers
short ends
integy pink springs
64mm shock length
front spool made from sandpaper pads and plastic outdrives and gears
custom drilled pistons (sorry, haven't measured holes)
center upper hole
center a-arm hole
lower hole on c-hub
stock spacing for arms on hingepins
3 setting of droop on yokomo gauge
5mm rideheight
REAR:
1.0mm spacers for bulkhead rollcenter stud
2 deg rear block
.5 camber
1.3mm shim under front R block
62mm shocks
short bodies
short ends
30wt oil
same custom pistons
integy light blue soft springs
3 droop
5.5mm rideheight
center-outer hole on shocktower
outer hole on arm
lower hole on carrier
stock spacing for arms
outside center hole on rear carrier

electronics
LRP QC1 esc
JR radio
amb personal
peak dynasty 19
high velocity brushes
harris 1.18+ batts
reedy fan/heatsink combo

general
Stratus 3.0 AP cut to carpet lines
Take-Off 27 premounts
no tire compounds
track temp-120's
p-dub bumper
fastest lap 15.601
my fastest time 19 @ 5.06
tq time 20 @ 5.15
2nd 19 @ 5.02
3rd 19@ 5.04
5th 19 @ 5.13
6.316 final drive ratio

comments
car felt stable, and I was on mark with the major adjustments. Need to finetune ackerman, roll-center, piston and oils, braking profiles
I brushed two pipe in qualifying. P-dub took the hit and keep me tweak free. I already ran faster laps and qualifying times than I did with the SSG after 3 months of tuning. Qualifying 4th with up to C-mains in my class. Had several factory and partial sponsor guys in my class.

Shookie, LMK if you have a fax maching, I can fill out a setupsheet and send it to you that way. If so, what is your number?
Old 07-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

forgot about mods: here they are

beveled out HD arms for full suspension drop and uptravel.
hpi studs
yoko rollbar open cups on all HPI studs
yoko rollbar closed cups on yoko polished studs for steering tightness.
shims above bearins for supression of vertical slop in steering assembly.
car weighed 1530 after adding a switch for the fan. Will take off batteryholddown assembly to drop weight about 15 grams. Will change to deans battery tape.
I ran plastic gears in the diff b/c they are softer, and more durable in the shear department. They are weakier in elongation and strain, but I'd rather foul and gear and make a clicking noise, than break a tooth and strip out the whole gear after the race.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blindwolf
Quick ?'s.. Are those Tamiya dampers? If so, how did you mount them and what is the setup length? I have tried mounting them to the lcg but have been unable to get ride height lower than 6mm. I appreciate your time and look forward to your reply. Thanks
Yes they are TRF Dampers, I am using RaySpeed Spring Retainers RAySped Yellows in front and Blue at the Rear. I am also using YOKOMO SHORT Shock ends.
I can only get the front as low as 4mm and the rear the lowest is 5mm. These are withthe shocks standing up. I could probably get it lower if I angle the shocks. Peace and Happy Racing!!!!

edited: Will get back on you about the shock lentgh do not have a caliper with me, you can always screw the shock ends further to get it lower.

Last edited by lem2; 07-04-2005 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I'm planning to make some aluminium diff outdrives and aluminium spools.
At the moment I'm making the CAD drawings and I think I will make the first few parts by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Is anyone of you interested in this parts?

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

I'm planning to make some aluminium diff outdrives and aluminium spools.
At the moment I'm making the CAD drawings and I think I will make the first few parts by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Is anyone of you interested in this parts?

Cheers
Chris

me me me me me me...keep us updated. I WILL surely buy your spool and outdrives.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Okay Ray, what custom chassis have you had made recently? hummmmmm?

Just a little bragging...a racing friend of mine works at a machining plant. His good friend runs the CAD and monitors the machine. If my friend and I can find carbon fiber sheets, this guy will mill them out. We can make chassis in any color or thickness. *Mr. Burns Fingers* 4mm carpet chassis LCG

Oh yeah, he will charge 3 dollars per chassis plate
Old 07-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Right on, keep us posted -JB
Old 07-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

yeah keep us posted
Old 07-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

I just finished the drawings and will show them to the guy with the lathe on Thursday (I hope so... )... I hope I can find enough guys who want a spool and/or outdrives because then I will make them on a huge CNC centrum... Oh guys, that's fun... very precise but expensive... If I can find buyers for around 20 spools or 20 outdrives I will produce them there.

Gruß
Chris
Old 07-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'll definitely take some outdrives -JB
Old 07-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

[email protected]
Send me an email. If you have any questions let me know.

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

i just got a used rayspeed SD. Ran it on on carpet/rubber/stock. it was ok but the only problem was the rear end would come loose if i was not as smooth as possible which i did not like. it slowed me down to much. i have all rayspeed springs,pistons,oneway option, swaybars as well. i was just looking for some help to keep corner speed up without losing the rearend. thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.