Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lem2
My LCG is not yet done, still ned some Ti Screws! I'm not using the delrin or heavy duty arms that came with the kit I think they are the same with the SDW. I'm using the graphite ones front and rear which up to now I'm still waiting for it to break!!

Have not installed a motor and still needs to go through a set up system.

I was too lazy to remove the Bnew foam bumper when I was making holes for the Body so--I cut it away!!!! Still have a Bnew spare
You got a ton of hopups on the ride . How much does it weigh with rubber tires?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

I've got my hopups ready to implant when the LCG arrives:

al. input shafts
graphite hubs and carriers
TI m3 arm screws
SS screw kit
rayspeed retainers
HPI stud/sway bar cup conversion
homemade lightweight spool
p-dub bumper
LRP esc
highspeed AIRtronics servo
Highvelocity outlaw motor
reedy fan
harris 1.83's
CS-27s on xenon rims
stratus AP 3.0 w/ spazstix
Old 06-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
I've got my hopups ready to implant when the LCG arrives:

al. input shafts
graphite hubs and carriers
TI m3 arm screws
SS screw kit
rayspeed retainers
HPI stud/sway bar cup conversion
homemade lightweight spool
p-dub bumper
LRP esc
highspeed AIRtronics servo
Highvelocity outlaw motor
reedy fan
harris 1.83's
CS-27s on xenon rims
stratus AP 3.0 w/ spazstix
I would say forget the SS screws...For about $5.00 more you can get the Ti ones from yokomo...If you must go hop up screws. Also watch those Aluminum input shafts...I tweeked mine before. I either use the Yok one or the Square Ti ones. You may also want a one way...for those kinda tight tracks...I like the one way much better than a spool. But do what feels right for you.
These are just my thoughts.
-Shookie <><
Old 06-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

check out the sale at Ultimate HObbies...if they still have the moving sale.
got my Yokomo Ti screws for 25% off.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
You got a ton of hopups on the ride . How much does it weigh with rubber tires?
Its all from my CGM, I am in need of the Almuminum Ream arm mounts for the front and front arm mounts for the rear.

I will weight it this saturday during our race, We always run Rubber tires here, Hopefully I will make the 1500 mark!

You might also consider a wide front bumper.

Peace and Happy racing!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Shookie thanks for the pics but the LCG ones dont work I would be happy if you could make them work for me and again, thanks!

Does the LCG come with CVDs? I hope we will have some info on the release of a full LCG kit.I need to know what will be my next kit...FTTC (conversion),LCG or XXX4-G+ (yes I would love to have a buggy to bash around my house)
Old 06-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I would say forget the SS screws...For about $5.00 more you can get the Ti ones from yokomo...If you must go hop up screws. Also watch those Aluminum input shafts...I tweeked mine before. I either use the Yok one or the Square Ti ones. You may also want a one way...for those kinda tight tracks...I like the one way much better than a spool. But do what feels right for you.
These are just my thoughts.
-Shookie <><
I already have SS screws for the SSG. I just like rcscrewz quality. Tobee Craft inputs (I don't wreck much, so maybe I won't tweak them?) I only run a spool on tight asphalt tracks inwhich I usually race.

I got the P-Dub. I've already got the wide plastic bumper from the SSG, but the P-dub is lighter.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry guys for "butting in". But since lots of you have converted to the LCG... does anyone have a spare main chassis for the SD-Black (black CF not SSG). I broke mine this past weekend.

Hopefully the price won't be too high or else I will just go for the BD. I think, again I think (don't want to start anthing here) that the LCG kit is just priced rediculously high.

Thanks..
Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Sorry guys for "butting in". But since lots of you have converted to the LCG... does anyone have a spare main chassis for the SD-Black (black CF not SSG). I broke mine this past weekend.

Hopefully the price won't be too high or else I will just go for the BD. I think, again I think (don't want to start anthing here) that the LCG kit is just priced rediculously high.

Thanks..
If you don't already have a Yok SD, then the LCG is the most expensive car on the market. It cost over $500.

BUT if you do have a SD, then it is the cheapiest way to get the best SD on the market. There isn't a better car than the LCG as far as the shafts go. It is just as precise as the belts. The reason the belts are winning so much is they are very durable, light, and high quality. With the LCG you get all of that, but with the shaft drive acceleration.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

f2000racer:

LCG kit is still quite high on the price... for a conversion at least!
but you will love it once you start driving it...
I drove one when my buddy came to visit me from cali...
why o why~~~ $$$$ just want to fly out of my skinny wallet!

or.. you can upgrade your SD to the raypseed set..... which...
i have a brand new in box for sell... $110 shipped..
as rayspeed still has good performace over the SG black.
Let me know if you are interested~

on the side note.... i just got my LCG... haven't built it yet...
as my rayspeed is still kicking ass in the lowest main possible.
ITs not about the chassis.... its about the driver who drives it....
thats me... noobster!!!

~Ming
Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Based on, once again, a helpful post by Mr. Shookie, I picked up a Rubberneck bumper for my SD. What a great product. And great service! If you don't have one already, I highly recommend you check out the P-DUB thread and pick one up. Super-strong. Very light.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Glad to be a service...I m really not this smart or great at racing or anything...I just try everything and see if it works better and if it does..Then I will say so...Mostly I just go by what the fast guys are trying and using...
You wonder why Much More items are selling like wild fire...Becasue all the winning Pro racers are using it...Me I am just a sportsman racer with way too much time to type on here all day...LOL But I think you will notice that I have a ton of stuff ofr sale that is really nice but I found what works best for me...
What wins on sunday sells on Monday....LOL

Hey Guys go race....a big race...I did the KO this weekend and I stank up the place with my bad qualifiing....But I had more fun losing than I have ever had winning at RC...too many good things to say about that race...Met some very nice people and have put faces to RC tech names...LOL
But mostly I found that if you just race club races you never get any better than your club...I would rather know where I really stand in a large compitition...Plus you get all the good information about your car...Just go ask who doing well with your car...
I was the only one with the LCG but I only ran it for one qualifier (desperate to see if it was the BD or just me) went back ans asked questions and got the BD dialed...right in time for the G main...LOL
Man I had too much caffine this morning...
Take Care & GOD Bless,
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by grazianos
Based on, once again, a helpful post by Mr. Shookie, I picked up a Rubberneck bumper for my SD. What a great product. And great service! If you don't have one already, I highly recommend you check out the P-DUB thread and pick one up. Super-strong. Very light.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Nope those arms are on the LCG are these....
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=447&id=5167
are they the same arms as these?
*nevermind, figured it out*

Yokomo MR-4TCSD Heavy Duty Lower Arms

Thanks
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer
are they not the same as these?
Yokomo MR-4TCSD Heavy Duty Lower Arms
Thanks
Nope those are Heavy duty and Grafite.....
The other ones are just heavy duty
-Shookie <><
Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Black SD chassis

Originally Posted by f2000racer

Thanks..
I have a new black SD chassis I will sell for $30 plus 4 S&H if you're interested. The chassis is $60+ at the store. The slots have been filed and glued though. Other than that, it's in out of the box condition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.