Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coastaltony
FOR SALE
Tony...
I'll take 1 fan...
send me a paypal invoice to my email address...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Yokomo has their version of the new VFS-1 Competition esc coming out as well.
Rayspeed version as well...but has green label.
those are the new generation VFS-1 with carbon case.
newer fets and higher Temp cut-off.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
You are so right about the fan, not only for the speedo but for the motor. We did not run a fan at the Speedworld Cup, and the Quantum 2 was fine as far as I could tell, but the motor got so hot that the soilder on the + brush melted and the brush came off. The + spring actually melted to remove all tension from the spring as well. I think if we had a fan on the motor, we would have done much better. This happened on the 1st and 3rd A main at about 4 minutes into the race. I am working on a fan mount for the BD this week.
hey pops.. quick question. curious if......the pro guys are attaching fans to the heatsinks of their esc's, are they blowing air INTO the heatsink? or sucking air out of it? thanks!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey pops.. quick question. curious if......the pro guys are attaching fans to the heatsinks of their esc's, are they blowing air INTO the heatsink? or sucking air out of it? thanks!
Blowing the air on the ESC.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
I'm running an open 19turn class. That means that I can build a KC handwound motor at 40*timing . Only problem is that our track is very technical then has back2back braking zones, then a long 200ft straight. So my motors get scorching hot!!!! I'm using the Reedy fan/heatsink device. I've only used it once, but it made a noticable difference on the endbell temp. I've also got the RIDE cool air scoop to channel air over the can. My non-XXX brushes look just like yours after one run, but some 767's looked fine after the fan was used and I put two runs on them.
Yeah we ran a fan on the CGM and never had any problems, just going to get a fan set up on this car asap.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
tell the kid to lay off the throttle a little bit, LOL
Yeah he was on fire.. he passed Mo on the outside at the end of the straight and was catching Jimmy Jacobsen, and Josh Numan. When his car stopped Baker looked at me and said Damn, his car was ?%#@ fast.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

FOR SALE
How many volts is the fan rated at?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
When we ran a SD we would put the fan in front of the motor, behind the ESC, drawing air off the ESC and blowing it on the endbell of the motor. Haven't put the fan on the BD yet but will shortly.
I haven't even seen or noticed any fans on the ESC, just the motors. Running a Q2 and haven't noticed any problems with overheating. I might be wrong, because I don't know that much about electronics, but it would seem to me that if the motor ran cooler, in turn the ESC should be cooler too.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

When we ran a SD we would put the fan in front of the motor, behind the ESC, drawing air off the ESC and blowing it on the endbell of the motor. Haven't put the fan on the BD yet but will shortly.
I haven't even seen or noticed any fans on the ESC, just the motors. Running a Q2 and haven't noticed any problems with overheating. I might be wrong, because I don't know that much about electronics, but it would seem to me that if the motor ran cooler, in turn the ESC should be cooler too.
Hey Pops check with computer repair shops and suppliers they sell those really nice super high RPM 5V models...I think I got one that is 13000rpm @ 5V and it is for a laptop computer...ultra dialed...plus it doesn;t draw much power...
I forget the site I got them from but I will check my past emails to see if I can dig it up.
-Stephen <><
Old 06-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

5v
How many volts is the fan rated at?

Last edited by coastaltony; 10-13-2007 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

5v
Coastaltony the two aluminum pieces (look like heatsinks) and screws that are next to the fan how are they used?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Coastaltony the two aluminum pieces (look like heatsinks) and screws that are next to the fan how are they used?
Those are there to attach it to the endbell of the motor...Trinity makes them...They work but take a lot of room up in your car....Just form what I've noticed...
-Stephen <><
I am trying to get a small sheet of Carbon Fiber to make me a mount for both the SD and BD...I think I can make something that will work and also not be too obtrusive to look at either...Gotta look good beat you all...LOL
Old 06-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here is a picture. Check out these sweet motors. Wait till I run against A.H. again. All I can say is look out.

Last edited by coastaltony; 10-13-2007 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fans From R/C Innavations

Hi,

Thought you guys might like to see this. They are from a company called "R/C Innavations" Cool-Can-Fan's over here in the UK. This one i believe is a prototype for the CGM, but he also does them for SSG and BD and all other manufactures and they work like a treat .

If you would like to know anymore, take a look here and post your question. Or you can contact one of there main distributor's www.c-sracing.com

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-dscf0377.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-dscf0379.jpg  
Old 06-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LCG

Questions. . . . . our track is a little bigger than 2 tennis courts, smooth asphalt, moderate grip

The LCG really flexes, what will I expect coming from a CGM that is super stiff? Handling wise? will it be "twitchy?"

I use WHITE RS Springs all around in my CGM, will that also work with the LCG or will I need to go softer?

Lastly... dunno if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering....
Is there any effect on a Shaft Driven chassis that flexes, if I use a One way or a Spool? Will a Spool flex the chassis more than a one way?

Almost done with my LCG!!! excuse my ignoramous questions.......
the things you think about at 2:30am!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.