Thanks for your compliments, I will pass them on to Andy.
Unfortunately you will not see this on the wall at the LHS, Andy is a racer who saw a problem with something, fixed it and stirred up so much interest that he thought he would sell his product to help cover costs and continue development. As such there will not be a 'mass' production of chassis' as they are made to order.
There is a 'press release' from Andy concerning the chassis, but it is on a word doc and can't be posted. I have copied a part of it below for anyone interested in purchasing a chassis.
The cost of Chassis, upper braces and shock towers (AEAST Designed towers) total GBP155
Lead-times can be anywhere from 2-4 weeks plus the time it takes to post/ship the order. We cannot be anymore specific than that at this time because making one of our chassis is a lengthy, involved and highly skilled process, each chassis is constructed using hand laid carbon fibre throughout and hand finished. We are only a customer of Fibre-Lyte and therefore our orders have to be processed along with all their other commitments.
How to place an order:
1. E-mail me at email@example.com
stating what parts you would like to order (including part number), the quantity and your full address (so we can calculate postage and packing).
2. I will return your e-mail with a final quoted price that includes postage & packing, an order number and further details about how to pay for your order if you are happy with the price quoted.
3. i) If the price quoted is acceptable we require an e-mail stating that you wish to proceed with your order.
ii) Send your payment quoting your name, address and order number.
4. I will return your e-mail once your order has been placed with Fibre-Lyte and I will inform you if any delays are expected, otherwise you may assume the above lead times are accurate.
5. i) Once we receive your order from Fibre-Lyte we will forward it onto the address you supplied us along with all the relevant literature and base set-ups for both carpet and tarmac.
ii) I will send an e-mail stating that your order is on itís way to you.
Although this conversion is intended for the Yokomo SSG/Black Special kits, the CGM can also be converted. However, if you wish to convert a CGM you will need to purchase an SSG style motor-mount (SD-304) and SSG style steering posts (SD-200L) to complete the conversion. We are unable to supply these items as part of the conversion and must be purchased separately