Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SDW

Some one has produced some lexan pieces that can on the outside of he gear box to keep thecrap out.
cos that price is pretty good!!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
LOL i thought about it but the exposed gears is a no no at my track
I second that! There is alot of tire rubber floating aroung my track also!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Sparx
I have had some small glitches some time ago, i changed crystals and it has worked witout glitching, I tried 3 different recievers in about 3 different locations. 3 different ESC's and 2 different servos and around 5 different motors, only the transmitter left.

I will try to upload my setup in a couple of days. It's great on small slippery track with Sorex 28
no glitching today, moved the rec to the top of the top plate right behind the antenna, and put in a different sp control.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
LOL i thought about it but the exposed gears is a no no at my track
hasn't been a problem and one of the tracks i run is not a prepared track, pretty much just a lot with plenty of pebbles, and taking your time, i can see how a cover could be made.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Angry MAN...

Nothing but problems @ practice today. Well, where do I start... was running the inline blocks and I actually like the extra amount of steering that it gives. But then... BAM and then two other BAM, BAM's ; I broke THREE inl. blocks. In the same spot on the lower kingpin and @ the same damn spot on the track. And my CVD is ever so slightly bent; this all happens on the right-side. Not only that but one of my servo mounts broke off and my rear shock tower screws that attach to the rear diff-case decided to strip out. Besides all of the repairing, I did get to try a few set-up changes that I like . So fellas that was my afternoon
Hey ritchie, that's why my stockpile is so huge
I do have a question about servos though, any of you guys using the Futaba 9550?

- JB
Old 01-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i'm using the S9550, what's your problem?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lee82gx
i'm using the S9550, what's your problem?
No problem, just want to get a couple. I like the size and i think it'll help out my electronic placement
How do you like yours, any downside to it?
- JB

Last edited by JayBee; 01-30-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: MAN...

Originally posted by JayBee
Nothing but problems @ practice today. Well, where do I start... was running the inline blocks and I actually like the extra amount of steering that it gives. But then... BAM and then two other BAM, BAM's ; I broke THREE inl. blocks. In the same spot on the lower kingpin and @ the same damn spot on the track. And my CVD is ever so slightly bent; this all happens on the right-side. Not only that but one of my servo mounts broke off and my rear shock tower screws that attach to the rear diff-case decided to strip out.
- JB
Oh I forgot to mention, I cracked one of the new Acer ceramic bearings too

- JB
Old 01-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
No problem, just want to get a couple. I like the size and i think it'll help out my electronic placement
How do you like yours, any downside to it?
- JB
There is no downside that I can think of. Some consider the slightly slower transit speed(0.12s) as a downside, but i find it just right because I usually have to tone down when i use 0.07-0.10s servos.

The smaller size allows me to fit virtually ANY ESC. I've fitted Novak BL+KO receivers all flat.

An excellent servo all round and I'm going to use this on all of my touring cars.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
There is no downside that I can think of. Some consider the slightly slower transit speed(0.12s) as a downside, but i find it just right because I usually have to tone down when i use 0.07-0.10s servos.

The smaller size allows me to fit virtually ANY ESC. I've fitted Novak BL+KO receivers all flat.

An excellent servo all round and I'm going to use this on all of my touring cars.
DITO
I have that servo in my SSG RS and in my Yok Mini. It is perfect in speed in my opinion. If you need sub .12 second transit time go elsewhere my friend but for the size, wieght and power nothing comes close. IMHO
Hope this helps Jaybee,
Sorry about the bad day, eeek broke a bearing.. ..sheesh that hurts.
Stephen <><
Check my last post it has a picture with the servo....LOTS OF BREATHIN' Room...LOL
Old 01-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy Ok I'd buy one but not eight....

I have just opened my new Yokomo ceramic bearing set (SD-BBC). And sure enough they feel nice and free when I give them the "hold between two fingers and turn inner ring with finger from other hand test"...BUT

When I got to the wheel bearings all eight of them felt well lets just say rough. I'd buy maybe one of them being off but not 8, am I missing something about ceramics that would explain this?
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Ok I'd buy one but not eight....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
I have just opened my new Yokomo ceramic bearing set (SD-BBC). And sure enough they feel nice and free when I give them the "hold between two fingers and turn inner ring with finger from other hand test"...BUT

When I got to the wheel bearings all eight of them felt well lets just say rough. I'd buy maybe one of them being off but not 8, am I missing something about ceramics that would explain this?

Have you cleaned the super thick Lube from them?

It seems that every manufacturer of ceramics bearings sticks that thick lube in and it really doesn't allow free wheels type feel right away..It took my old TC3 about 6 packs before that thick stuff loosened up a bit...then I found out you can just bearign blast the thick stuff out and use thin bearing oil (I use Sin oil from Acer but Trinity Royal Oil is also good) to lube which allows super free feeling bearings, also I have done the Remove the inner seal from all the Diff bearings trick and that also improves the free wheeling feeling....WARNING if you don't take care of them i.e. cleaning and re-lubing then this trick and getting rid of the thick lube is not recommended. I clean my bearings after each race day and relube before storing and before each race day. Good habit even for cheap bearings. I also have the Yok bearings and they are starting to get a little worn so I in fact just purchased the Acer Bearing kit this morning, I was quite happy with the set that was in my old TC3. Plus I at least know the Bearing rating on the Acer's I couldn't find the rating for the Yok ones.

Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Old 01-31-2005, 06:09 AM

yokomo doesn't use the "super thick lube" >
just put them in your car and give it the old tire spin test. you'll be fine. i didn't clean mine, and my car felt excellent right off the bat.
yea yea i know, now your gonna ask about side loading and stuff, just put them in and enjoy
Old 01-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default front ride height

thanks matt im going to put the rear shock tower on front i had one sitting in my box allreadyu done up just in case . thanks for all the help. later
Old 01-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Ok I'd buy one but not eight....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540

One good way to check your wheel bearings is to put them on the tip of a standard pencil. Soak and clean them with motor spray, them spin them on a pencil. You will feel any roughness through the pencil. Be sure to re-lube them before you use them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.