Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

they're included
Old 12-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Matt, Should I run the sd chassis on carpet or should I get the cgm coversion kit, Also what shock springs do you recommend for carpet as far as colors
Old 12-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
how's it going Matt?

- jaybee
Old 12-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tony montana
Matt, Should I run the sd chassis on carpet or should I get the cgm coversion kit, Also what shock springs do you recommend for carpet as far as colors
The CGM is quite a bit stiffer so I would recommend the CGM conversion if you're racing foam/carpet. Most of the time I ran AE purples up front and AE copper in the rear for shock springs. You need the RS spring cups or the AE spring cup and use a ball end for the shock end to be able to use the longer AE springs.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JayBee
how's it going Matt?

- jaybee
It's 4 am here and I just got off work so I'm a little tired, time to go to bed.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default sdw servo savers

hey guys i have something of an odd question for peeps with lotsa yok experience.

on the sd cars (not molded chassis) the servo save seems to be built in to the bellcrank, and the right bellcrank is a 90 deg piece (servo ti-rod goes front-back)

on the cgm cars the bellcranks have no builtin servo saver, and they are both 180deg parts (servo ti-rod goes side-side)

on the worlds car both bellcranks are servo savers, and they are both 180deg parts.

my question is, is it possible to assemble a 180deg servo saver (like the on on the worlds), and also having the other bellcrank arm be a NONservo-saver piece????? if so can someone point me to the part numbers or where to find them?

finally if its not possible to have a reg bellcrank and 180deg servo saver, can someone point me to the part numbers for the worlds car bellcrank setup?

oh yeah one mor thing, are the aluminum blue bellcrank standoffs that come with the cgm compatible with the other styles of bellcranks?

the reason im askin this is that im not going to use these bellcranks on a yok sedan right now i have a cgm bellcrank setup, but i'd like to move to a setup that has integrated servo saver in the bellcrank so i dont have to use one on the servo itself.

thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

An interesting thing happened this afternoon.

I finally persuaded my son Josh to have a whirl around the track with my CGM.

Now Josh has won 6 National championships and holds the race and lap records on all the circuits we race on, so his opinion is worth listening to. Incidentally he has run a TC3 for the last 4 years.

After just one 5 minute run with my car, he reckons it's actually easier to drive than his TC3 and handles better.

Now that's a real compliment to the Yoke CGM.

So the reason he's a second a lap quicker than me has got to be ME.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: sdw servo savers

Originally posted by floodo1
hey guys i have something of an odd question for peeps with lotsa yok experience.

on the sd cars (not molded chassis) the servo save seems to be built in to the bellcrank, and the right bellcrank is a 90 deg piece (servo ti-rod goes front-back)

on the cgm cars the bellcranks have no builtin servo saver, and they are both 180deg parts (servo ti-rod goes side-side)

on the worlds car both bellcranks are servo savers, and they are both 180deg parts.

my question is, is it possible to assemble a 180deg servo saver (like the on on the worlds), and also having the other bellcrank arm be a NONservo-saver piece????? if so can someone point me to the part numbers or where to find them?

finally if its not possible to have a reg bellcrank and 180deg servo saver, can someone point me to the part numbers for the worlds car bellcrank setup?

oh yeah one mor thing, are the aluminum blue bellcrank standoffs that come with the cgm compatible with the other styles of bellcranks?

the reason im askin this is that im not going to use these bellcranks on a yok sedan right now i have a cgm bellcrank setup, but i'd like to move to a setup that has integrated servo saver in the bellcrank so i dont have to use one on the servo itself.

thanks
Just looking at it, I don't believe you could install the bellcrank type servo savers on a CGM (too tall). I think, if it would fit, Yokomo would have installed those type on the CGM in the first place (just a cost saving thing, since parts are already designed). There is nothing really wrong with the CGM servo saver anyway. It does the job.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Cg

I have a question in regards to lowering or raising the cg on your car.When lowering or rasing cg what should I be looking for to incur.I was told that lowering would give less traction and rasing would give more traction.I race on carpet with foam tires so should this apply or not thank you for your help
Old 12-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Cg

Originally posted by Local racer
II was told that lowering would give less traction and rasing would give more traction
Maybe what you meant is roll center?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah what local racer says should be true. It works on go karts, for a wet race you raise the seat for a higher cg and more traction, and for a dry race you get the cg as low as possible
Old 12-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Default Roll center

Roll center Im sorry I said I t wrong
Old 12-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: sdw servo savers

Originally posted by pops
Just looking at it, I don't believe you could install the bellcrank type servo savers on a CGM (too tall). I think, if it would fit, Yokomo would have installed those type on the CGM in the first place (just a cost saving thing, since parts are already designed). There is nothing really wrong with the CGM servo saver anyway. It does the job.
except that im not using these bellcranks on a cgm! if you read my post i outline that

this is for a side project.

i really need a 180deg bellcrank with integrated servo saver, having to use one on the servo really isnt acceptable in this situation.

can anyone help?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

The servo saver on the regular SSG and black SD can be built either with a 180 deg or 90 deg arm, the parts are included to do this.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: sdw servo savers

Originally posted by floodo1
except that im not using these bellcranks on a cgm! if you read my post i outline that

this is for a side project.

i really need a 180deg bellcrank with integrated servo saver, having to use one on the servo really isnt acceptable in this situation.

can anyone help?
Sorry, too much eggnog... Like Matt said just use the standard or graphite Servo Saver Parts ZM-202 or ZM-202G. You will need 4x8 bearings BB-84-4, ZC-S40 4mm Shims, SD-200B Servo Saver Posts, and SD-200L Servo Saver Mounts. You will also need turnbuckles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.