Some building tips for the car, I've found so far:
•I took out all of the input shaft shims and left the diff ones alone. This gives the gears a pretty good mesh, I thought. Be careful, though, because to much play will hurt the gears over time, or chip them.
•There is no need to shave the gearboxes, unlike the TC3.
•I took one shield off of each of the bearings, cleaned them out w/ motor spray and used the thin Trinity purple oil on them. This helped free the drive train considerably. I saw the grease in the bearing which they include and its as thick as diff lube (Yuck!!)
•The screws which hold in the hinge pins to the hub carrier/arm are impossible to thread in, so I left them off for now. The hinge pin might slide out in a collision, but oh well.
•I tried using strapping tape to hold in the battery, and it didn't work at all, so I switched to the plastic hold down strap.
•I felt that the front shocks were too short when the short ball end was threaded all the way. I tried the long ball end and it was too long
So I took the short one again and just backed it out a little, so the shock is not too short or too long.
•I used a generous amount of servo tape to hold the servo in because I didn't trust the servo mounts included.
•When I mounted the reciever to the bottom plate, the digital servo glitched a lot when applying throttle. I mounted it up on the top plate (like shown on the Yok site) and the glitch went away almost completely.
•I sealed the bottom deck with CA glue.
•The antena tube included is very thin (gauge) so I switched to an associated one. It fits OK but can slide all the way through more easily than the stock one.
•As seen on the Yok site, I mounted the personal trasponder infront of the battery, near the steering, its a tight fit though.
I own both a FT TC3 and now this SD, and here are some things I noticed.
The kit set up works ok on carpet, though it has a lot of steering from running the same spring all around. I tried using the one degree toe block and the car seemed unstable. I tried doing a 8.4 roll out on a monster stock motor and the car was a dog. It was extremely slow. This is the rollout that works well on the tc3, so that was weird. I noticed, though the kit rollout is 5.5!!!! So I'll try that later with a torquier motor, like the P2k2. I started with a 100T 64P spur, and believe it is too large because of how the motor revs. This car has torque. Much better acceleration than the tc3, although this may be because of the too low gear ratio I used. It is a quiet car, not XXXS or Pro 3 quiet but good. The droop screw settings listed do not allow the screw to touch the chassis because the shocks are too short, I don't really know if this is a problem or not.