Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

no, torque steer pulls your car to the left, your car may be tweaked to some point (check that l/r droop are the same, especially on the front).
Old 11-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
Hi, any news about the SDW pricing? Thanks
daniz24,

The pricing should be very close to our estimate. We are also working on a special gift for all pre-order customers I'll let you guys know what it is once I receive it

Steve Wang
Old 11-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Midnight
Hey Steve, any idea about when you will get anymore type E bodies?
Midnight,

Just got a fax from Yokomo USA and we should get more on Monday. Yokomo USA also supplies Yokomo Japan with bodies (like the Rayspeed TSX and the Yokomo Type "E") and due to the popularity of these body, Yokomo is trying to keep up the best they can.

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 11-20-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
no, torque steer pulls your car to the left, your car may be tweaked to some point (check that l/r droop are the same, especially on the front).
Have double checked the lengths/heights (using shock length instead of screws for droop) etc of all suspension parts left and right/front and back (with calipers) and all is the same as it should be.

I've also checked steering linkages are same lengths and servo centred (all the obvious stuff) etc.

As this was it's very first time on the ground can't think what else would be causing it other than perhaps the new tires not run it at race speed perhaps?

Had another thought.....I've read posts in here about how sloppy cgm steering is, and I've noticed it on mine as well but with a little more on the left side than the right. Perhaps this is it with the right being in more control?

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 11-20-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Try a little bit of toe in to stop your car wondering. Stupid question, but have you set your steering trim while driving the car? Another question, was the surface level? Even a slighlty angled surface will make the car go funny when you grab some throttle. One thing though, your car wont be affected at all by your motor, it will definately be something else on the car or something affecting the car. How much wandering are we talking, and how long does it last i.e. 2, 5, 10 metres? Or just continuos?

Just trying to help . And get yourself to a meeting soon, so you can get help. Ultimate Open in January, and only NZ$10 entry fee .
Old 11-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

What is everyone using for tires with the CGM on carpet???? I was using Fast Tires 35/30 rear and 42/26 front... great traction but the rears are wearing quicker than I'd like.... I tried Jaco's Orange/Purple front and purple rear since my LHS stocks Jaco and the car was all over the place.... I'm basically using Mo's CGM setup.... I may just order some more Fast Tires.....
Old 11-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

vtl1180ny,

I have been using jaco and parma purple fronts and double pink/orange rears and the car has been great. I have also been using the tossolini setup fyi.

Good luck,

Blake
Old 11-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default SB Racing

Blake - do you know when the next SB race is?

Bill
Old 11-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Trevor
Try a little bit of toe in to stop your car wondering. Stupid question, but have you set your steering trim while driving the car? Another question, was the surface level? Even a slighlty angled surface will make the car go funny when you grab some throttle. One thing though, your car wont be affected at all by your motor, it will definately be something else on the car or something affecting the car. How much wandering are we talking, and how long does it last i.e. 2, 5, 10 metres? Or just continuos?

Just trying to help . And get yourself to a meeting soon, so you can get help. Ultimate Open in January, and only NZ$10 entry fee .
Well yeah it has a little bit of toe, at the moment it's 1/2 a degree.

As for the steering trim, yeah I had to set it to go straight but as I figure it this just means somethings not right in the first place.

As for the wandering, without the trim adjustment I'd say a slight continuous wandering.

Don't know about the ultimate, I wouldn't have been racing long by then, hopefully the Manawatu track will be done soon though as it's in my town.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 11-20-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Blakesrc
vtl1180ny,

I have been using jaco and parma purple fronts and double pink/orange rears and the car has been great. I have also been using the tossolini setup fyi.

Good luck,

Blake
I'm not one on this whole color system.... From what I gather, Purple is a 40 shore and pink is a 35 shore? Correct? I think orange is somewhere around a 50 shore....

Purple fronts and dbl pink/orange rears would make more sense to me then the reccomendations I got when I bought the Jaco's....

The 35 shore's in the rear wear much more on the outside than the inside also.... Having a firmer outside ring should help that.....

I was going to try Tossolini's setup, but if I'm corrent he went so far as to trim the arms.....
Old 11-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

vtl1180ny,

You are correct on the shore ratings. The double pink/orange is also called Cyan which is 35 shore with a 55 shore outer ring. The tires do wear quite fast but i guess thats the price you pay for traction in mod. I will probably try double pink/orange in front and double pink in the back next week for even more steering. The tossolini setup requires the front arms to be cut so you can move them back an additional 3mm and a couple of the suspension blocks to be shaved 1-2mm. If you decide to do it, take your time, the end result is well worth it though.

Blake
Old 11-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
daniz24,

The pricing should be very close to our estimate. We are also working on a special gift for all pre-order customers I'll let you guys know what it is once I receive it

Steve Wang
Please tell us that it is the Steve Wang bobble head!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Billy's Worlds set-up

Is it posted anywhere? Matt H.,,,,anybody???? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Billy's Worlds set-up

Originally posted by forty6
Is it posted anywhere? Matt H.,,,,anybody???? Thanks.
Not that I know of, I'll try to get it next week.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
As for the steering trim, yeah I had to set it to go straight but as I figure it this just means somethings not right in the first place.

As for the wandering, without the trim adjustment I'd say a slight continuous wandering.
Yeah, just adjust your trim. All it means is that the servo horn wasnt put on so that the wheels were perfectly straight. If you have sub-trims on your transmitter, use them to get the horn eyeball-straight while you have the car on the bench, then get the car going straight with your normal trim when you're running it. I'm sure everyone uses the steering trim to get their car to go straight hehe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.