Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Is surikarn still using the mc800c speedo?

or the Hara Twister
Old 11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
Yes, I'm sure they were.... What happened to Hara on the 3rd main?
Bevel gear broke ... but man did he have Loads of HP... it was clearly his race in all of the mains..
Old 11-14-2004, 07:52 PM

like the man said, you gotta finish to win.

on another note: i just installed the lightweight king pin set and lightweight bell crank pivots. what a nice fit. slop is gone. also installed the alum suspension goodies.. sweet.

question. along with being smoother are the ceramic bearing lighter?

matt, the guy i pm'ed you about is back at mc cord now.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by ritchie
like the man said, you gotta finish to win.

on another note: i just installed the lightweight king pin set and lightweight bell crank pivots. what a nice fit. slop is gone. also installed the alum suspension goodies.. sweet.

question. along with being smoother are the ceramic bearing lighter?

matt, the guy i pm'ed you about is back at mc cord now.
I'm not sure if the ceramic bearings are any lighter, if they are it's not going to be noticeable
Old 11-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Couple of quick ones.....

First of all I checked my droop gauge on a flat surface and the gauge has a bend in it so isn't that reliable after all but going by eyesight the best I can figure it is that the droop is probably even front and back what effect would/should this have?

Or should I try another way of checking droop without the gauge?

And unrelated....

My bro built me a discharger for my 1500 stock packs and the current drain in 17.5 amps. I've just charged the first battery and like in a race I put it on discharge within a couple of minutes (so the battery was already a little warm).

But when it took it off the discharger at a 5v reading it was almost to hot to touch. Memory is a funny thing I don't remember them getting that hot in an off-road race. How hot is too hot?
Old 11-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Couple of quick ones.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
First of all I checked my droop gauge on a flat surface and the gauge has a bend in it so isn't that reliable after all but going by eyesight the best I can figure it is that the droop is probably even front and back what effect would/should this have?

Or should I try another way of checking droop without the gauge?

And unrelated....

My bro built me a discharger for my 1500 stock packs and the current drain in 17.5 amps. I've just charged the first battery and like in a race I put it on discharge within a couple of minutes (so the battery was already a little warm).

But when it took it off the discharger at a 5v reading it was almost to hot to touch. Memory is a funny thing I don't remember them getting that hot in an off-road race. How hot is too hot?
Only thing you really have to worry about with the droop is that the left and right sides are even. I usually run a little less droop in front to give more on power steering, having it the same front and rear should make the car more forgiving to drive.
For the batteries, yes they do get hot. don't worry about it, a 17.5 amp discharge is not too much for your 1500 packs, should be just about perfect with the motors you'll be running. Have you had a chance to drive your car yet?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Couple of quick ones.....

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Only thing you really have to worry about with the droop is that the left and right sides are even. I usually run a little less droop in front to give more on power steering, having it the same front and rear should make the car more forgiving to drive.
For the batteries, yes they do get hot. don't worry about it, a 17.5 amp discharge is not too much for your 1500 packs, should be just about perfect with the motors you'll be running. Have you had a chance to drive your car yet?
Thanks......yeah the droop seems to be even in that both wheels lift of the ground at the same time.

As for the car, if I can find an area large enough this next weekend actually. The local club got a community recreation grant to build a track in my home town so I'm kinda hanging out for that as well.

http://www.nzrca.co.nz/

Click on that and scroll down to the item about new track being built in the Manawatu area. The picture is to scale and the straight is 42 metres long and 3.5-4 mteres wide.

Oops in the news section once there I ment lol.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 11-14-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

looks like it will be a nice track, have fun
Old 11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Bevel gear broke ... but man did he have Loads of HP... it was clearly his race in all of the mains..
Any new parts spotted on Masami's SDW?
It's incredible Hara and all of them have tons of HP but yet still can make 8 mins runtime...

Last edited by daniz24; 11-15-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by daniz24
Any new parts spotted on Masami's SDW?
Could not get any pic`s of the SDW... the Yokomo Pit`s were like Scottland Yard... unless you had a pit pass you were A$$ed out for any pic`s

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-picture-003.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 01:28 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Could not get any pic`s of the SDW... the Yokomo Pit`s were like Scottland Yard... unless you had a pit pass you were A$$ed out for any pic`s

-Dave
I see... Coz HPI team is too strong and don't want to reveal any setups to public!?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
I see... Coz HPI team is too strong and don't want to reveal any setups to public!?
No I don`t think it was that ... but more so of what car they were running in each heat..!! as the track conditions changed.. it seems like a few of the Yok drivers were switching which version they drove mostly SD Black and SSG from what I could sneak a peek at
-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-picture-001.jpg  
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default CAN'T GET GEAR MESH RIGHT IN DIFFS

Hey guys I have been trying for over a week to fix a little problem in my SD Rayspeed Diffs. I had tried the Product D Bevel gear change and coundn't get the gear mesh right in the Diffs even with every possible shim configuration. I went back to the original gears and still have the same problem. The front and rear bevel gear isn't matched up like it should be. I even tried to shim the Diff it self to the side which I think creates drag and didn't want to but was desperate to get it running and after about one minute it would have the same gear grinding noice as before. I have new diffs new gears, new diff cases and new shims should I shange them also? There isn;t any real sign of wear on the current gear and diffs(they were just rebuilt).

IS THERE HOPE FOR MY YOK?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 11-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Shooky, it might not be your mesh??? I had this same problem with my car and it turned out to be a bad bearing....go figure. The sound it made seemed to be bad gear mesh but when I checked it, it was the bearing in the motor mount that had gone bad and was locking up. Hope this healps...
Old 11-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Teacher
Shooky, it might not be your mesh??? I had this same problem with my car and it turned out to be a bad bearing....go figure. The sound it made seemed to be bad gear mesh but when I checked it, it was the bearing in the motor mount that had gone bad and was locking up. Hope this healps...
Nope I heald the wheels and turned the spur and you can feel the slipping on both ends. I have checked and cleaned all bearings as I do often and they are all in perfect working order.
Thanks though,
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.