Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 11-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

If I had enough money to burn, I'd buy 2. One just to keep in the box - totally mint. The other, to keep on a shelf in my office.

As Matt said previously - this is an authentic world replica. If you want to race it, it's could likely end in tears. No one here actually needs to race this particular version of the Yok SD. But it would be nice simply to have the pleasure of owning one. 555. Nuff said.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 PM

well, from what i understand, the sdw will have spares available, just not the bulkheads, i.e. you will be able to buy arms and uprights. also, when kawada was around, i had one, it had alum bulkheads, i pretty much learned to drive with car, and after two years, and many many many a crash, not once did i have to replace a bulk head. they were also larger and taller then the current yoks so the chance of bending a yok one has to almost nill. i also don't remember this kind of or as much whining from the tamiya guys when tamiya released thier 414 limited edition.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by asw7576
hhmmm..... shaft driven is rocket car u know ?

2.6?
Double decker shaft driven? 2.7 is the bottom line, otherwise the CGM will be your last option since the SSG almost been booked too by someone else
Old 11-11-2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by stinkypop
Does anyone have a link to the spring rates of the Rayspeed springs compared to the Yokomo springs?
Thanks in advance, been looking back through the pages, but tired of looking.
Cheers Matty
\

yokomo

orange 18.87
green 16.06
pink 14.93
yellow 14.71
white 12.94
blue 12.12

rayspeed

gray 19.90
red 18.26
white 17.17
yellow 14.87
blue 14.29
green 13.20
Old 11-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by ritchie
well, from what i understand, the sdw will have spares available, just not the bulkheads, i.e. you will be able to buy arms and uprights. also, when kawada was around, i had one, it had alum bulkheads, i pretty much learned to drive with car, and after two years, and many many many a crash, not once did i have to replace a bulk head. they were also larger and taller then the current yoks so the chance of bending a yok one has to almost nill. i also don't remember this kind of or as much whining from the tamiya guys when tamiya released thier 414 limited edition.
everything that's the same on the regular SD's, like the rear arms, castor blocks, etc., will obviously have spares available. Hopefully the new shorter front arms will be available seperatly as well. The chassis, bulkheads, and motormount will be a one run production just for the kits.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

I think we need to understand Yokomo's thinking on the SDW.

It was made as a very limited run - presumably they were hoping Masami would win the W C with it, as we all were. If that was the case it would have truely been a valuable collectors piece. I would have bought one, just to put in the showcase.

Now onto something different. Can anybody tell me where I can buy a Masami replica TC bodyshell. I would like one in his colours, all stickered up, just as he runs, so I can display it in the shop.

Anyone know where I can get one.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
I believe that is very poor support on Yokomos part if it does not supply spares for the MR4SDW. I am paying $$$$ for a kit and i want backup. Rick
Hi Rick,

That's actually one of the first question I asked Yokomo USA about was the parts support, and they reply they don't think it will be a problem. Spares will be available for the MR4SDW

Steve Wang
Old 11-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull

Now onto something different. Can anybody tell me where I can buy a Masami replica TC bodyshell. I would like one in his colours, all stickered up, just as he runs, so I can display it in the shop.

Anyone know where I can get one.

PM me.. I "might" be able to help
Old 11-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Why spend all this money for a limited edition car and put it on a shelf. They are made to be raced to get it on the track.Ok maybe only indoors as you dont want to scratch it but still. Most of you here sound like the race car collectors that tuck all the best cars away in theyre garages so no one can see them.

Build them race them i say. If a part breaks then you can repair it.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Slick990
Why spend all this money for a limited edition car and put it on a shelf.
I know what you're saying. But in 20 years time, when yours is still boxed and MINT - the best example out of only 555 ever made, you own a little piece of pristine model car history. But not if you've ever broken it!!

That's why collectors pay large sums of money for the original things they collect, whether it be fullsize race cars or antique teddybears

I've already got more cars than I can race anyway...
Old 11-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well what ever people decide to do with them i hope they are happy. but if you buy one to make ur money back then why buy it in the first place? Would you buy a ferrari and keep it for 20 years unused?

I know my kit will be well used but only indoors.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Horatio
....you own a little piece of pristine model car history
For people that are passionate about the stuff they collect and own, it's not about the money.

Regards full size race cars, often the people that can afford to buy them are not necessarily the most capable racing drivers - sad, but true. However, if 'retiring' a race car and keeping it in a museum or garage results in keeping an extremely rare example alive - then so be it. It beats watching some rich buffoon stuffing it in to a barrier!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

It's been raining all day so what better to do than play with my RC toys !

Received the new Titaniumn Racing CVDs and ceramic bearings for my CGM so spent the morning fitting them and generally removing slop. They look good - far better than TIR's first attempt which were rubbish.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Great - let us know how those TIR CVD's hold up.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Where'd you get them from??? I'm using the Tobee shafts with the titanium axels right now.... The Tobee's are starting to get sloppy....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.