Originally posted by sosidge
I think by your own admission you have only been into RC cars for a short while.
Once you've been around a bit, you'll realise that you don't need to do many changes to make a car behave like one that is completely new. That's why people get excited about new parts. The SDW may look like a Rayspeed conversion, but it is different, and those differences are what counts.
I think maybe I should have made comments like this.
1) I can see where the Rayspeed has its influence on the New SDW and with the newer lowered diff cases and motor mount, I can see where Rayspeed is going to have to take it up a notch.
2) The Parts support for the SDW can not be that great if they are only having a limited run of 555.
3) I hope that the inprovements trickle down quickly for the regular kit and upgraders.
4) The SDW looks awsome and I wish That I had a large enough disposable income to afford one, but with all the laking areas where I believe the SDW has (Mainly parts support and the fact it is limited edition) I will not be getting one.
5) I love the quality of Yokomo; you can see how much R&D went into the SDW. Thanks YOKOMO for always putting out great quality stuff.
Then I think I might not have got flamed so bad and that my true intention was not misconstrewed.
Thansk for listening to my rambles,