Tech Elite

Originally posted by aoizip
hi guys.
just wondering... if i put an extra top plate on top of the SD or RS
will it helps to run it on the carpet?
~winter season is coming.... east coast ppl are moving indoor again~

thanks very much~
The short answer is YES.

I use a doubled top deck on my RS chassis and it works great on carpet. In the right hands, it's one of the best performing cars in the region where I race. What a shame I have 2 left thumbs
Old 10-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Horatio
Matt - cheers matey. I catch your drift.

I didn't hear anyfink, honest guv.

Guys:

Let's all leave Matt alone now!!
You can ask all you want, I'm just not going to answer LOL
If Yokomo wanted pics out there then there would be pics out already. With that being said there's no way any manufacturer is going to be able to keep anything secret for long at the worlds.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SMcpot
Hey guys... is the steering setup in the CGM compatible with the plate-chassis SD's? Also, are the suspension parts in the SSG and Black Special cars made of the same material as the CGM? I'll be running the car on asphalt, with rubber tires, so I think the plate-chassis cars might be a better choice for me.

Thanks
It fits and Chris Grainger (top UK Yokomo driver) uses it on his car. I noticed that it does change the ackermann setting to give a little more, and by using Titanium Racing balls with the old school MR4 ball cups, his car (including steering) is slop free
Old 10-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NO! we want more!
I guess patience is a virtue...

On another note:
I just realised my CGM box says: 2004 World Championship Edition..anything really special about it?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/art...type=CAR&id=69
Old 10-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi, I'm new to the thread.

What's the advantage of the CGM to the SSG? I'm eyeing an SSD but my boss has just offered me his CGM for the same price. I like the light weight of the SSG but my boss tells me the CGM is better. Not that I don't trust his judgement (he did hire my services ) but I would like to hear more opinions ...

thanks...

Old 10-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

The CGM by using a bath tub provided a tweak-free design. It also comes with graphite parts as standard which are a real must have on the SSD (more durable and more rigid).

The CGM is said to be more rigid, but I found the SSG to be fine when you have the graphite gearboxes (bear in mindi don't race on foam).

If they're both stock with no options, i'd say pick the CGM (if you don't dislike the look of a bath tub like I do), otherwise it will depend on the options fitted in both, but once tuned properly, they perform quite the same.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally posted by rough512
Hi, I'm new to the thread.

What's the advantage of the CGM to the SSG? I'm eyeing an SSD but my boss has just offered me his CGM for the same price. I like the light weight of the SSG but my boss tells me the CGM is better. Not that I don't trust his judgement (he did hire my services ) but I would like to hear more opinions ...

thanks...
For carpet I am told that the CGM is the car to use, but I have used both my SSG and my rayspeed on carpet and the car runs fine. The CGM is prety heavy, but it is very stiff. I love my ssg/payspeed and I would never consider buying a CGM...(I have already owned a FT TC3 no need for another one)

This is just my 2 cents...
Old 10-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Arrow MRTC-SDW

MRTC-SDW

SD worldwide game replica kit

It directs to world championship, the ヨコモ development team whichhas become new system sends out, selling with limitation 555 ofworldwide game special specification cars as worldwide game replica!

Specifications
- The center of gravity aluminum it starts shaving low, the body, thefloating motor mount (center shaft 4.5 millimeters, upper deck 2? O down)
- Front short span lower suspension arm, aluminum suspension mount,
- Black carbon graphite make 2. 5? O thick main chassis upper deck,shock tower, battery plate and rear body mount plate (2 kinds), bumpersupport, stubby plate
- Aluminum make universal drive shaft (both bone and axle aluminum)
- The aluminum make rod ended ball (stopper it is attached)
- Carbon graphite make hollow shaft
And so on in addition to the private part the below-mentioned optionpart standard equipment

Titanium screw set, super precision bearing (drive section), titaniummake rod ended ball and aluminum make input shaft, aluminum make rearsuspension mount (3 times), front stabilizer (ray speed),リアスタビライザ?[ (upper type), HD rear suspension arm, bumpstop O ring, as for other specifications SD It becomes identical with SSG and BLACK.

* Spare - sale of the part becomes handling only the after-salesservice.

54600 Yen

http://www.spiral-rc.com
Old 10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

yup, that's about it. Now that didn't take long now did it
Old 10-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: MRTC-SDW

Originally posted by kentech
- Aluminum make universal drive shaft (both bone and axle aluminum)
- The aluminum make rod ended ball (stopper it is attached)
Now tell me about crap, Aluminium axles sucks, they are not resistant enough for the stresses we put on them, Chris Grainger lost his chances in the championship this year because at Stafford he was using the YMP all green (alloy dogbone and axle) shafts, and two times (one in qualifying and the second in finals when he was leading with a big gap) the wheel axle split in two, without him crashing for the whole race.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

With only 555 made, that looks like something you'd put on the shelf, kind of like the 414X.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: MRTC-SDW

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Now tell me about crap, Aluminium axles sucks, they are not resistant enough for the stresses we put on them, Chris Grainger lost his chances in the championship this year because at Stafford he was using the YMP all green (alloy dogbone and axle) shafts, and two times (one in qualifying and the second in finals when he was leading with a big gap) the wheel axle split in two, without him crashing for the whole race.
I agree, but the rest of the cars specs look topnotch, and will probably cost alot.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
In the market for a chassis upgrade for my SSG, and pretty much sold on the Rayspeed. A few questions though...

1. Is the RS that much more better than the SSG?
2. Do I still have to drill 2 holes in the chassis to do the 180*
servo mod?
3. With the RS springs, I have to use the long shock bodies
correct?

- jaybee
Old 10-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JayBee
In the market for a chassis upgrade for my SSG, and pretty much sold on the Rayspeed. A few questions though...

1. Is the RS that much more better than the SSG?
2. Do I still have to drill 2 holes in the chassis to do the 180*
servo mod?
3. With the RS springs, I have to use the long shock bodies
correct?

- jaybee
1. Yes, IMO it is better than the SSG chassis
2. No, the chassis comes ready for the servo turn mod
3. No, you can go two ways. either get the RS spring cups or you can use a regular ball end for a shock end and use AE spring cups. Either way will lower the spring mounting so you can use the RS springs without getting new shock bodies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.