Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Question

Hi guys,

On the setting sheet for cleveland indoor championships, chris tosoloni used 4mm plastic shims on shock shafts as bumpstops.

I am currently racing on a concrete track that is bumpy, and i seem to struggle with cornering etc and loss of speed.

Can anyone suggest what Chris was meaning about the 4mm plastic shims and where would they go. or does anyone have suggestions for bumpy tracks that works on the SD

Rgards brad
Old 08-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

The bump stops just go on the shaft outside of the shock. Take off the shock end and slide them on. This I believe is to limit downtravel ..... maybe so the car leans less... not to sure maybe somone else could elaborate.

Greg
Old 08-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HI GUYS!

I have a new Rayspeed SD and I can't test it yet cos it's raining daily. Anyway, just wanna ask if the Rayspeed has any tweak issues. I'll be using mod motors for it. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chambalero
HI GUYS!

I have a new Rayspeed SD and I can't test it yet cos it's raining daily. Anyway, just wanna ask if the Rayspeed has any tweak issues. I'll be using mod motors for it. Thanks!
There is some tweaking with the Rayspeed, more on carpet than on asphalt. The Rayspeed didn't tweak half as much as the SSG. CGM no real problems at all.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default rayspeed

with the rayspeed whats the need of having two servo savers?

and can you take one off them of so its like ths original ssg with the plastic tube bit?

Last edited by agower; 08-15-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

I think it reduces play in the steering
Old 08-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

I really can't get over just how good this car really is.

I ran another 3 packs yesterday and it seems to get better with every run. It's so much more consistant and so much more easy to drive.

It has improved my lap times slightly but my race average lap times greatly, which is what it's all about.

I don't know why it took me so long to go CGM.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnbull
I really can't get over just how good this car really is.

I ran another 3 packs yesterday and it seems to get better with every run. It's so much more consistant and so much more easy to drive.

It has improved my lap times slightly but my race average lap times greatly, which is what it's all about.

I don't know why it took me so long to go CGM.
You are so right Johnbull.. I don't think the extra weight hurts the car at all. Maybe that extra mass helps!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

I built my gearboxes per instructions and the drivetrain seems so tight. It has gotten better with each run though. I took of one of the shims on the input shafts so it doesnt bind the bearings up but where are you guys seeing the best results on getting the baby to roll?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo Ceramic bearings.....

Just wondering how these compare to other brands, how are they sheilded/sealed and what if any maintenance do they need?
Old 08-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Yokomo Ceramic bearings.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Just wondering how these compare to other brands, how are they sheilded/sealed and what if any maintenance do they need?
Very high quality, and they have metal sheilds. They should be cleaned and lubed just like any other bearing.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JimMcClure
I built my gearboxes per instructions and the drivetrain seems so tight. It has gotten better with each run though. I took of one of the shims on the input shafts so it doesnt bind the bearings up but where are you guys seeing the best results on getting the baby to roll?
You will see that the more runs you put on the car, the drivetrain will become looser. Every car is a little different, so you can either add or remove more shims to find the best fit. Yokomo also sells shims that have different thicknesses to fine tune the gearboxes. The ceramic bearings really make the car free as well.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Yokomo Ceramic bearings.....

Originally posted by pops
Very high quality, and they have metal sheilds. They should be cleaned and lubed just like any other bearing.
Bugger, I thought ceramics didn't need lubing, if they need lubing and cleaning like any other bearing what's the advantage then?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Yokomo Ceramic bearings.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Bugger, I thought ceramics didn't need lubing, if they need lubing and cleaning like any other bearing what's the advantage then?
Just freer bearings and they should last longer. One time I bought some sealed bearings from Boca that were maintence free, they didn't last at all and were more expensive than regular bearings.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Yokomo Ceramic bearings.....

Originally posted by pops
Just freer bearings and they should last longer. One time I bought some sealed bearings from Boca that were maintence free, they didn't last at all and were more expensive than regular bearings.
So they don't actually save you any work then in that you still have to take off the sheilds and flush them with motor cleaner and put a drop of oil on them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.