Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, got the SSG converted to GGM but I can't seem to find a good. neutral handling set-up sheet... Kinda like how you'd set the car up if you just built the CGM... Need somewhere to start... I'm running ball diffs front and rear...
Old 08-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

From what Matt said, it seemed that SSG and CGM setups were not that different... at least it was my understanding. Good luck!

btw folks... I finally ordered a full graphite parts set for my SSD (arms, hubs, knuckles, tranny cases)... I figured out it was a better solution for my needs than starting back from scratch with a brand new CGM, now that I have the rigidity issues solved... I'll let you know how it goes and how differently it handles!

Later,
Paul
Old 08-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spool Question

a spool is on the way thru a friend who will get it from speedtech!

My question is?
Has anybody tried using pin cushion? or replacing the stock ones with IRS pin cushions?

Thanks for any input!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ritchie
my turn, when adding spacers under the hinge pin mounts (both ends of the pin. does that raise or lower the roll center. and under what conditions do you want to do this
I have heard do this in low traction conditions.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Spool Question

Originally posted by lem2

Has anybody tried using pin cushion? or replacing the stock ones with IRS pin cushions?
I suggested blades a while ago, but couldn't try it... they don't fit in metal outdrives. However I think JohnBull tried Corally blades on the plastic diff, and after some dremeling, it seemed to work great... personnally I don't see that much wear on plastic outdrives... A solution for metal outdrives (or spool) doesnt exist yet... oh well...

Later
Paul
Old 08-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Paul

thanks, hopefully the Tamiya Anti-wear grease will help.
Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:34 AM
tornado

Default Re: Re: Spool Question

Originally posted by Lonestar
I suggested blades a while ago, but couldn't try it... they don't fit in metal outdrives. However I think JohnBull tried Corally blades on the plastic diff, and after some dremeling, it seemed to work great... personnally I don't see that much wear on plastic outdrives... A solution for metal outdrives (or spool) doesnt exist yet... oh well...

Later
Paul
John had recomended RC Labs Blades to me. Works great !

Bryan

Old 08-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Spool Question

Originally posted by tornado
John had recomended RC Labs Blades to me. Works great !

Bryan
can i order online from them? could you provide a website? Thanks!!! Lem
Old 08-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

As I recall, Johnbull uses Corally blades and I used RC Lab blades - both types work very well, but RC Lab ones need a little fettling.

With either type, you will obviously still need to dremmel the outdrive slot to match the thickness of the blade. This has to be done precisely.

The diff bolts will also need to be trimmed - the exact length is stated on my original post.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Read all about the blade mod on page 218.

Links are included.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Lem2

I actually use Tamiya Anti-wear grease on my one-way outdrives with Square Ti bones, and it DOES seem to help... it's no miracle solution though.

btw, anybody knows the part number one one-way outdrives for the SD? I'm always worried about loosing one on a race...

Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default suspesion problem

hi

ive got a weird shock problem on my car,
first of all if have fitted rear shock tower to the front

on the front ive got associated gold springs with 45 weight oil and piston 3, most upright on the higher line of holes on shock tower and 2nd from the inside on wishbone

at the rear ive got associated silver spirngs with 35 weigh toil and piston 3, most laydown on lower row of holes on shock tower and furthest out on wishbone.

the problem is that with the shocks on the car and then pushing the front and raer down seperatly that the rear feels stiffer than the front when it shouldnt? is it the way that i have filled the shocks?

A gower
Old 08-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

It feels stiffer because the shock is mounted further out on the wishbone.

So the spring, although softer in itself, is being compressed more for the same amount of wheel travel - it is a stiffer "wheel rate" than at the front.

Nothing is wrong.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Right what he said... That is why we usually run a stiffer spring up front than the rear. It's because the mounting points are more inward up front than the rear. It's all a leverage game.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Horatio
As I recall, Johnbull uses Corally blades and I used RC Lab blades - both types work very well, but RC Lab ones need a little fettling.

With either type, you will obviously still need to dremmel the outdrive slot to match the thickness of the blade. This has to be done precisely.

The diff bolts will also need to be trimmed - the exact length is stated on my original post.
My mistake...it was you Horatio who recomended RC Lab's blades.... sorry. John did mentioned 'bout the Corally blades on the yoks and Corraly Assasin CVD with blades on the TC3 .

Oh Lem...since you're in Philippines it would be closer for you to order those RC Lab's blades from Malaysia's distributor.....Aaron Khoo and his e-mail addy :-> [email protected] and it costs 'bout RM12.00 I think.

Bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.