Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default heavy duty arms

When are they suppose to come out?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Lonestar
Howdy yall
Next question, one that hurts everyone: what's so wrong with the SD that so few people are racing it now (let alone win with it)? The TC3 still wins races, and the SD was up to par with the top cars last year, including the TC3... so why not anymore?

Paul
I don't believe there's anything wrong with the SD - once the plastics have been replaced with the Graphite parts - (dare I say it ) and the chassis has been stiffened up a little, I reckon the car works pretty good. And it's light.

If it works for you, don't worry about it. Let's face it, 1/10th touring cars are pretty faddish - there's a general trend where no one wants to be seen racing 'last season's' car. It's always been like that. It was the same when 1/10th buggies were in their hayday.

I for one will not dump a car that I have put work into just because something else comes along.

The CGM is obviously a good car. But I for one plan to beat a few when the winter season starts - with my RS SD. As I race control rubber tyres on carpet, I doubt the CGM will have little (if any) advantage. We'll see!

Old 07-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Horatio: besides the obvvvvvvvvvious reliability improvements over the plastic parts (hum... ) what changes have you noticed when you replaced them with graphite-loaded ones?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-27-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Horatio
I don't believe there's anything wrong with the SD - once the plastics have been replaced with the Graphite parts - (dare I say it ) and the chassis has been stiffened up a little, I reckon the car works pretty good. And it's light.

If it works for you, don't worry about it. Let's face it, 1/10th touring cars are pretty faddish - there's a general trend where no one wants to be seen racing 'last season's' car. It's always been like that. It was the same when 1/10th buggies were in their hayday.

I for one will not dump a car that I have put work into just because something else comes along.

The CGM is obviously a good car. But I for one plan to beat a few when the winter season starts - with my RS SD. As I race control rubber tyres on carpet, I doubt the CGM will have little (if any) advantage. We'll see!

Yo Horatio, your from the UK right?
Are you gonna be racing down at Don Valley Stadium this winter? If so i might see you there, maybe you can help me out with my SD setup(if i still have it by then)
Old 07-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Horatio: besides the obvvvvvvvvvious reliability improvements over the plastic parts (hum... ) what changes have you noticed when you replaced them with graphite-loaded ones?

Thanks,
Paul
Not a huge difference really. If I was Masami or Matt Howard (if only!), I might be able to detect the subtle nuances invloved

I'd say that the stiffer G components do make the car feel more responsive, especially once the SSG's significant amount of chassis flex is reduced/eliminated. A bit like the difference between a TC3 Team and TC3 Factory Team. As I changed quite alot of stuff on the car over quite a short period of time, the effects I noticed were from a combination of changes - rather than 1 in particular. The most major of these, obviously, was the RS chassis. The car feels good now. I look forward to a much better season later this year.

My new Futaba 3VC might help a bit too ........
Old 07-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sleighty
Yo Horatio, your from the UK right?
Are you gonna be racing down at Don Valley Stadium this winter? If so i might see you there, maybe you can help me out with my SD setup(if i still have it by then)
I just might! Bit of a trek from Wales though.

However, it would be a laugh to meet some different racers. More than likely I'd be asking you to help me set my car up!!

I'm alright on carpet - so long as it's blue

Regards

Horatio
Old 07-27-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

I just might! Bit of a trek from Wales though.

However, it would be a laugh to meet some different racers. More than likely I'd be asking you to help me set my car up!!

I'm alright on carpet - so long as it's blue

Regards

Horatio
Yer its a pretty long way from wales lol,

Suprisingly the carpet is blue
Horatio likes this.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Sheffield - here I come.....!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: heavy duty arms

Originally posted by eklips
When are they suppose to come out?

Thanks in advance!
end of august (from Rainbowten)
Old 07-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Howdy yall

Matt: since you're talking about a hopped-up CGM kit... do you know if such a thing is to come out in the next few weeks/months? I'm willing to give the CGM a chance, but not if an optioned version is released soon...

Next question, one that hurts everyone: what's so wrong with the SD that so few people are racing it now (let alone win with it)? The TC3 still wins races, and the SD was up to par with the top cars last year, including the TC3... so why not anymore?

Paul
There's no new kit coming out as far as I know, I was just conducting an informal survey to see what people would want if there was one.
People are still running the SD. Tosolini left yokomo but signed Billy Easton, give him alittle time to get up to speed with it and he'll be fine
Old 07-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Not a huge difference really. If I was Masami or Matt Howard (if only!), I might be able to detect the subtle nuances invloved

wow, that's the first time I've been mentioned in the same breath as Masami
Old 07-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Billy needs to go back to the gay GYM!!!!!! He needs to get squeeze if you know what i mean. Boy has a bad attitude

AND WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

MATT WHATS THAT STUFF ON YOUR NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B'KLYN IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by GeorgePravata
MATT WHATS THAT STUFF ON YOUR NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B'KLYN IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice to talk to you again too George
Old 07-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Hey i heard you got to leave. my god daughter is going back to iraq She was there for 12 months and came back and now she is going back and will have to stay till 2007 maybe...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.