Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Check out the US yokomo website. Pictures of the new Mini MR and the SD are posted with an availabilty date. March for the Mini and April for the SD! COOL!

-Leon
Old 03-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Speedtech has the car out for release on the 24th of this month, while Yokomo USA has it for April.

which is the correct?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default more news

Posted on a New Zealand forum by a Yokomo importer:

Heres some more information, direct from Yokomo.

We are anounce MR-4TC SD Limited Edition.
and we will launch it end of March.

MR-4TC SD Limited Edition(Not mass production)

This car for Stock class (Stock motot 23turn/8min. race) in Japan Nationals.
Shaft drive train (for low power 23turn/8min. race)Siver graphite carbon plates (Chassis, Top plate, F&R Shock tower & Stiffner)

We would like to ship it end of this month.

SSG Chassis 3mm
SSG Upper Deck 2mm
SSG Center Stiffner 3mm
SSG F & R Shock Towers 3mm
HD F. One-Way
R. Ball Diff.
L.F. ProShocks SSS with Diaphragm Caps
L.F. Universal Drive Shafts(Steel Bones)
Blue Alum. Motor Mount
Blue Alum. Center Shaft
Blue Alum. Spur Gear Adupter
Blue Alum. Stiffner Standoffs
F & R Swayber φ1.2mm
Blue EZ Wheel hubs Light Weight
Super Precision Spur Gear 70t Super Precision Hard Coated Pinion Gear 30T
Urethane Bumper
Button Head Socket Screws Hex.
Ball Bearings 23pcs
Super Precision Wheels

Mass production model will launch end of May or early July. Molded plastic chassis, Top plate, F&R Shock tower & Stiffner.

Masami choose for MRTC-SPF2 of 4-5min. Modifid class(7-8turns) Race in InterNational Race.
or MRTC-SD1 of 8min. Stock class(23-27turns)Race in Japan Nationals Race.

If you are interested, or want more information etc please don't hesitate to contact me.

I think its interesting that Yokomo make a point that Masami uses the SPF2 in Modified.
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The 24th is the release date in Japan. It will take a little longer to get here. Probably mid April.
Tech Regular

Originally posted by icon
darkseid:

from the pictures the car looks very complete with upgrades and features. i mean it already has full silver graphite plates for the chassis, upper deck, and shock towers, yokomo's top of the line aluminum shocks, and i see some choice machined aluminum pieces throughout the car. the only "upgrades" that the car is missing are molded graphite parts.

c'mon dude, how can you say no to silver woven graphite .
Hehehe... the only upgrades I can think of off hand to the SD will be TITANIUM SCREWS hahahahahahhahaha
Man I love those SSG parts
Old 03-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Mo is right, the car is due to release March 24th (we put the Yokomo release date) Yokomo USA should have them 1-2 weeks later. I apologize if that caused any confusion.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

steve: will you be expecting to receive your shipment around the yokomo Japan release date or yokomo USA release date?

NightkidZ:

i love the SSG parts as well, but i think they look good only in some cars. I dont think it matches the new TRF TA04 very well for some reason. Looks ok on the original MR-4, but awesome on the 1/12th scale onroad and of course the SD .

so this car is definitely not a production model (with all the SSG stuff)?
Old 03-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it just won't be a mass production model....so order it quick !
Old 03-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

DARKSEID.

Is the F1 thread still going. I think we have alot to talk about, don't you.

Have you read the new FIA rules? A couple of 12 year old kids making up a set of rules for a slot car club could have made a better job.

I see Rubens is quickest in Friday qualifying.

But this isn't the place for F1.

Yoke SD.

Inevitably Yoke will come up with improvements as time goes on. That has got to be a good thing.

I'm a bit worried about the "Limited edition" bit. Surely if it sells they will keepproducing it, and judging by the response and interest shown everywhere, I'm sure it will sell. I have put one on order anyway.

I like the idea that all the wishbones are interchangeable. Pity the drive shaft stub axles are not.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

JohnBull- Dont forget how the yrx12 worlds was supposed to be only 100 shipped to the US but orders were high enough so they apparently started mass producing them. So..... I bet the "limited" ssg mr4tc sd will continue to be produced knowing the demand should definitely be high enough.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

YOSHI.

Hope you're right.

Regards

Joe.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

icon: I can't say no to silver woven graphite, thats the problem....at least as far as my wife is concerned!

But, I'm not talking about things such as hop-ups...I'm talking about improving certain parts after the cars release, for example.

Right after I bought my original MR4TC, Yokomo started including a better motor mount than the one that came with my kit...

Then right after I bought my MR4TC-pro, they started including a better belt pulley or something...

Thats what I meant by the kits that come out a month or two later than the initial release kits, are sometimes better. Running updates aren't just a Yokomo thing by any reach of the imagination, but evil non the less. At least if you bought a kit just before the update!

But, I agree with you, this kit looks very, very polished and its likely they have everything on it like they want it.

How the heck did Yokomo manage to get the car to such a complete level, without anyone sneaking a peak at it or leaking info? Thats quite an accomplishment these days!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: yes the F1 thread is still going......and going strong I'm proud to say!

Yes, there is much for you and I to discuss....plus theres plenty of other guys over there. All of us with our opinions that we are certain are right!

Come on over and check it out!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=3306
Old 03-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

darkseid:

you're right about yokomo; they tend to have a number of running changes for their kits. but as of right now i dont see what else they can really improve upon (material wise) without the price of the kit being higher than it already is. they really did their homework and the result is the polished prototype we see as you said. i'm surprised when i saw this new car as well, as i didnt hear any news or prototyping at any races etc. they must have their own area 51 for development .

as for the wife , there is always birthdays and christmas. my girlfriend is getting me this one for my B-day .

F1 qualifying started (yay!). Ferrari 1 & 2. What amazes me is they are still using the F2002 and still beating the field!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Just found another problem with the MR4SD, where to mount the transponder??????? Hmmm would be nice if they designed the front bumper to hold the transponder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.