Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its funny how the focus seems to be on the EVOIII and the SD. Theres still some other shaft drives out there to focus on. That new BarracudaR2 is REALLY hot around here these days. And I have no doubt that thats where the rivalrys will center at around here. No Tamiyas in this neck of the woods....unfortunately. I would like to see either the 414M2 or the EVOIII up close.

As far as Tamiya's decision goes...like I said...Tamiya marches to the beat of their own drummer. But when a company has as many products as they do, sometimes production is cut short on some of them. And for Tamiya, it always seems to be the race kits that get the axe first.

But heck, its not like the 414M2 is a bad car or anything!.....Its just no Yokomo SD! .....j/k
Old 04-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I ran the Adachi 2003/04/06 setup. Well something close to it. I ran it with my 10x2. Setup was alot better than the stock setup I had before. I even ran the Adachi setup with a stock motor to see how it was. It seems to be pretty hooked up for stock! As for Mod, had I had CS22's instead of CS27s... it might have been hooked up alittle better. But it was pretty good nonetheless. I'll stick with this setup and work around it.

I could use alittle more steering. But I think I can change some of that with front camber. He was running -0.5 up front. I think I can go to -1.5. Rear is also -1.5. I normally run -2.0 on my cars and get even wear across. But we'll have to see how things go this Sunday at Durham. Anyhow, I liked this setup. Only thing I didn't have quite right were his springs. I ran Pink front and Silver rear. And also his rear camber link on the rear hub. His is alittle shorter. And in order for me to do that, I need to buy even shorter turnbuckles. I tried to adjust them down, but they wouldn't get any shorter without binding up.

Anyways, gotta go. Car seems to get better and better each time I run it. I might go full time with it and sell the EVO3 to my friend. He's also the one that bought my 414M2. Anyhow.... heading out.

Jimmy Mac
Old 04-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys check out the Evo III thread. The Evo III is NOT being discontinued. Looks like there will be a fierce rivalry after all!
Old 04-19-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default KilRuf

Do you mead Durhan as in where the nat's are being held? Im planing on goign to the nat's and that would be a great head start If I had a set up to start with when I got there. Cant wait till the end of the month. I haven't been driving because Im just focused on getting this car and I'm soo borred with my Mission.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Also what electrinics everyone is using for your SD? I know that space is very limited on a car, how did you guys situated ESC, reciever and transponder? Any good tips?
Thanks.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i ran the sd for the first time at the track yesterday, i started with Mo' set-up .I used a luna 12x2, some 2400, sp, and 3000 packs +IAS soft tires (the weather was too cold for the sorex), the car was very pleasant to drive, it was a small and fast dirty track where it was very easy to break something, i broke 2 A-arms, 1 C-hub, 1 wheel, and one spur gear!!!! i think the car was too fast for such a small track (i'am a re-newbie )
but even with the one way the car was very easy to handle .
after 15packs my set up was -1.5 of camber everywhere, 0 toe in front, 3 in the rear, 60wt oil in the front and 50 in the rear with the stock springs (all 63mm long) and changed the shock position on the towers (at the beginning the front was softer than the rear with same shock set up .
i will go back to the track when i will receive the spare parts (i even ordered a gear box and diff gears)

gilles
Old 04-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was up at Speedworld yesterday doing some practicing...Talked to Billy he said Yokomo is shipping out the kits to the stores on Wed/Thurs. He'll have them on Friday along with spare and option parts...Hopefully Speedtech will have them the same time as well since YOkomo USA and Speedtech are in close proximity of each other.

I saw the R2 run yesterday as ...very impressed with its performance and quality of its contstruction.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies

I saw the R2 run yesterday as ...very impressed with its performance and quality of its contstruction.

-Dave
Old 04-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I broke the SD today!!!!!!

Sorry about that Mo. The car looked good in the main until the arm mysteriously broke Good luck next weekend. All of us locals looked good today but we are going to have to step it up when Francis, Hodge, and crew come up.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Pucho, yes Durham as is the Nationals Track. It's one of my home tracks.

As for electronics and esc mounting... look at the pic of my car a few pages back. It shows how I mounted my electronics. Page 23 I believe.

I ran the car again today with the setup similar to Adachi setup. This time I went with 1° toe out and -2° camber up front. Stock springs all around. Car seemed better than yesterday. But if you let off tooo much while mid turn... the back end will kick around real quick. I don't think my EVO3 will do that. So I still have some more setup work to do. Mind you this is a Mod setup. For stock it works great. Just seems sooooo slow after racing around with a mod motor. Car had tons of acceleration.

Anyhow, I have tons of springs and spare parts coming for the SD. So I won't have to worry tooo much about breaking it.

Well gotta head out. I have a race at Durham tomorrow. We'll see how the setup works out there. L8Rz

Jimmy Mac
Old 04-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Here's me with the SD and Evo3 in the pits at Durham.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:57 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I made a bunch of suspension changes today and it was really good, until I broke in the main with a straightaway lead.
I ran Associated #2 pistons with 550 oil in front and 500 oil in rear with yellow springs in rear and green springs in front. I'll post my full setup on my website later.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So Mo and the rest of the early racers that have the SD....what are your thoughts on how ridgid is the SD? I saw where Chris T. had to use multiple decks on his MR4 using the "Silver Graphite". Do you feel the car is ridgid?

Thanks for all the info!

Jeff
Old 04-19-2003, 10:16 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The complete setup is on the website now. www.mo-net.ws

Jeff, the car is much stiffer than the Special, with or without the graphite chassis. There is no front to back flex and very little twist. I should be very good on any surface.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:05 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

it s a brok omo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.