Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rcfiend
Thanks guys, i'll try the servo mod and a larger spur gear. Do you know if the rayspeed motor mount will help as well?? Also where on the Yokomo site can you find the pictures for the servo mod? Lastly, are you refering to the Yokomo USA site?

Keith

Yup, on the yokomo USA site, there is a forum with tons of pictures and threads about this...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yea but wait till you see the locals and not the Pro's they are just the same as the guys in the States
-Dave
lol... figures...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Matt Howard
racenutt123- I got all my tobee stuff from speedtech

randman- just make sure you have the usuals, like castor blocks and steering blocks and maybe some arms. An extra set of gears for the oneway is nice just in case as well.
Cool, thanks for the heads up Matt... I havent seen aluminum castor blocks avalible on the market, does anyone make them?
Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by beowulf
just installed the rayspeed cups with AE springs on the rear. I did notice the cups rests/touches on top of the arms (Springs are screwed on the outer hole of the arms). Is this fine?
I ran AE spring cups and ball ends with no clearance problems. I'll propably do them on this car even with the stock Yokomo springs just to give more adjustibility...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys....

Looking at selling some bearing for the SD. We are looking at selling the 6 x 10 bearing for the hub. If all goes well we would be selling a tube (20) for around $20. I currently use this supplier for 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale offroad. The quality is right up there with the top names. Just alot easier on your checkbook/wallet... Just wondering if anyone would be interested in them here... or if you guys might like another size....

Thanks !!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by ultragraffics
Hey guys....

Looking at selling some bearing for the SD. We are looking at selling the 6 x 10 bearing for the hub. If all goes well we would be selling a tube (20) for around $20. I currently use this supplier for 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale offroad. The quality is right up there with the top names. Just alot easier on your checkbook/wallet... Just wondering if anyone would be interested in them here... or if you guys might like another size....

Thanks !!
I tried selling my stock bearing set, and didn't get any replies on it, not sure if there is much of a market for SD bearings...
Old 11-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randy - you got PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
I tried selling my stock bearing set, and didn't get any replies on it, not sure if there is much of a market for SD bearings...
Randman..

check PM
Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

Just finished biulding rayspeed I am using rayspeed cups & springs with the long shock ends that come with the kit. Back end is ok but the front is very high can anyone help? Plus the angle from the servo horn to the steering rack seems quite steep has
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by mark turner
Hi guys

Just finished biulding rayspeed I am using rayspeed cups & springs with the long shock ends that come with the kit. Back end is ok but the front is very high can anyone help? Plus the angle from the servo horn to the steering rack seems quite steep has
If the front end it high, check the position of the C Hub (high or low pin) and use the short shock ends.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:29 AM

mark: I run my Rayspeed with foams, and to lower the ride height I use the short shock ends all around. I also unthread them a little, exposing about 2 mm of threads on the shock shaft. This moves the spring down, allowing for more preload at the same ride height. Therefore, you can lower the car even farther by backing off the preload.

dr_hfuhuhurr: I should be running my car this Friday or Saturday (on carpet with foams) with the graphite gearboxes and arms. I tell you then how it is handling. So far I've had a tough time with foam setup because I forgot to set droop to the proper setting for foams, and I've been working on stiffening the car (hence the graphite)
Old 11-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks will try short shock ends now i started to say about the angle between the servo horn & steering rack seems quite steep have you had any problems with the ball cups poping off?
I see there is some extra holes on the rear of the ray speed chassis are these holes there for a rear bumper?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mark turner
a rear bumper?
Planning on backing into the wall? It seams that most rear bumpers are not big enought to do much good... I think that's why most companies don't bother to design add one on there kits.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default socal set up?

anyone have a good socal set up for the SD? just want the basics, camber, springs, shock hole locations, ride height. any help would be great. thanks!
Old 11-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What I was really looking for is that the Rayspeed chassis is:

A. Good for Carpet, Better than the SSG or Black Chassis

B. Good for Carpet, Same as the SSG or Black Chassis

C. Bad for Carpet

D. Get ____ Chassis

E. Keep the SSG and stop spending $$

Thanks,
Blake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.