Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Drivetrain

Are there any secrets to getting the drivetrain free.My drivetrain is really tight.I just bought the car from someone but they have never ran the car.I am going to blow out bearings and reoil,what about shimming or breaking it in?I have seen some sd drivetrains that were super free.What are some other tricks?How many shims do you take out of the gear boxes?
Old 11-04-2003, 09:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Has anyone used the new graphite parts yet??? Is there a difference in strength? I clipped a board last week and broke both the C hub and the axel carrier... The only place I see the graphite parts are Rainbow ten and their site is a major pain to find things...
I'm in the search as well. If Tosolini races today, I'll ask him if he has any idea when they will be sent to Yok USA..
Old 11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Drivetrain

Originally posted by racenut123
Are there any secrets to getting the drivetrain free.My drivetrain is really tight.I just bought the car from someone but they have never ran the car.I am going to blow out bearings and reoil,what about shimming or breaking it in?I have seen some sd drivetrains that were super free.What are some other tricks?How many shims do you take out of the gear boxes?
Look up 2 posts higher...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

thanks Randman!
Old 11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

If you look some posts higher (maybe pages now ?) You will find out that I've received my graphite parts and what I thought about them at first sight.

Gonna try them on friday, I'll keep you up to date.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Randman- Any way you could twist Chris's arm and get his base setup for outdoor with the SD? I ran with him in a Invite Race in Oklahoma and since switched to the SD and would love to get some of how he sets up his car. I did see where he is now running for Fukuyama Batts.

Any info would be great...or talk him into making some guest posts on this thread...lol

Thanks

Jeff
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

You know... There are so many posts in this thread it's hard to keep track... Hit the boards a few times and let us know... Hahaha... Just kidding...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Another question for you Matt

According to your setup sheet you are running the stock SSS
shocks. (with RS spring retainers I suppose). Do you think that the longer SS shock bodies would make the car handle even better or are the SSS shocks just fine for carpet racing?

Thanks,
ingo

Last edited by IH; 11-04-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Randman- Any way you could twist Chris's arm and get his base setup for outdoor with the SD? I ran with him in a Invite Race in Oklahoma and since switched to the SD and would love to get some of how he sets up his car. I did see where he is now running for Fukuyama Batts.

Any info would be great...or talk him into making some guest posts on this thread...lol

Thanks

Jeff
I'll see if he will give up a good outdoor base setup, if he shows up today (Tuesday is an off day for most people)

He did sign with Fukuyama, Dan convinced him that his batts were the sh!t after letting him run them, and it's history from there. The Fukuyama hype is all true, they are the best batts out there, with numerous racers proving it now. Speedtech carries them as well, so the next time you place an order with Steve for some SD parts, pick up a pack to try for yourself
Old 11-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

IH- I really don't know if the bigger shock bodies will make the car handle better. I do know if you just put the longer shock ends on you can use the stock shocks with the RS chassis though.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:47 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Thanks Matt!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Fike- If you put the little black spacer under the steering bellcrank it will lower the front rollcenter and give more steering. I haven't played with that since the car already has plenty of steering
Shouldn't that be the other way round? Switching the spacers on the uprights (so the one that touches the upright is below it) will effectively raise the roll centre (the outer end of the wishbone will end up closer to the ground for any given ride height).

Second question...

What is the "correct" direction for an SD to torque steer? Should it pull to the left under power, and drift to the right off power by nature? I'm struggling to compensate for the torque steer consistently - sometimes a tweak adjustment sorts it, sometimes it just wants to drift off power regardless (super low grip surface). Just wondering if something beyond the chassis is out of line.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay question for you guys. Don't know if yall will know this. But I figure'd I'd ask here since I have a SD. Does anyone know where I can get some wheel spacers? More like a shim that goes on between the wheel hex and wheel to space the wheel out just a tad. Say about .8 or 1mm. I know I've seen David Jun use them (me thinks at least) and I don't remember if it was a Tamiya part or HPI... or something else. But would anyone here know what I'm talking about and have a part number? I need it for carpet to space the front wheel out just a tad to fit 28mm up front. It just barely rubs and I don't feel like cutting the tire down to 27mm and/or cutting the Team Suzuki spindles. Thanks
Old 11-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

I know HPI supply 1mm spacers with their wheels - doubt they are sold seperately - perhaps a fellow racer has a few hanging about (I'd give you a couple, but it's a rather long way).
Old 11-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Help with stock sd bearings.

How are you guys treating the bearings?Are you spraying them out and using lighter lube?Leaving them stock or soaking them?I need help as the stock bearings are really tight.Also whats the easiest way to get the c clip retainer off the bearing.It so freaking small!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.