Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by wyd
Anyone have any pics or know where I can see some pics of the SD with the servo mounted across the chassis like they were doing on the SP? I notice that the servo won't mount with the servo mounts as they hit the lower center deck brace. Do most just take it out? My other option is just to use shoe-goo and mount my servo that way. I have done that in the past and it never comes loose.

I did see a few pics but it is hard to tell as they had the toplate on and I couldn't see very well.

Thanks
Brian
Hey Brian, I just cut down the inner servo mount just above the lower mounting hole. I take a couple closeups and post them tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you use the tobee center shaft then you don't have to cut the servo ears off, the servo fits under the shaft since it's thinner on the ends
Old 09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Macky thanks for the help. I actually just finished doing what you said to do. I just cut down the servo mount some and drilled 2 new servo mount holes and I have it in their. Looks like it came from the factory. So far so good. I just need to wire up the speedo and my fan and it is ready to go again.

Thanks again
Brian
Old 09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone, I have a question to those that use the associated springs. How do u all have your ride hight set. My problem is that the stock springs are too soft and the associated are too long. I race on carpet with rubbers. I either have not enough or too much ride hight. I dont no what to do. Any feed back is appriceated.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if your using the stock shock ends get the rayspeed spring cups. Or you can use the AE spring cups with AE ball ends used for shock ends. Either way will get you the ride height you need with the longer AE or Rayspeed springs
Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply. Do I just need the spring stops or do I also need the ball ends.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

You need both, not sure if the yok ones fit with the ae ones
Old 09-08-2003, 09:03 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you use the Rayspeed spring cups you can use the stock shock ends. That is how mine is setup with the Rayspeed springs.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just get the Rayspeed cups. Makes life easier.

Well I got the Shooters upper deck mounts today. I'll put them on tonight. I'll take a pic of them mounted later on. Thanks MO for the link to http://www.precisionrc.com/ !!

Old 09-09-2003, 04:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello,

newbie here, wanting to get into electric touring cars looking to get an MR-4TC SD....

what basic things do I need to get started... i.e. what brand/type of battery pack, what brand/type of motor, what speed control, what charger, servo, and radio, etc?

Is soldering avoidable, or is soldering a must if you want to be competitive at some point?

I apologize for being pretty much clueless.

one last question... Where is a good track to get help at and to eventually get into racing for a newbie in the Orange County/Southern California area?

oh more question, what is all this shokti diode and condenscor bussiness about? Sounds very confusing... It was being talked about on another thread addressing a KO Propo ESC.

Last edited by BossPlaya; 09-09-2003 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

I am thinking of get the new shaft drive yokomoany input good or bad on this car and what if any hopups should I consider if I do
get one.

I have 8 other touring cars tc3, 414, losi, xray.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BossPlaya
hello,

newbie here, wanting to get into electric touring cars looking to get an MR-4TC SD....

what basic things do I need to get started... i.e. what brand/type of battery pack, what brand/type of motor, what speed control, what charger, servo, and radio, etc?

Is soldering avoidable, or is soldering a must if you want to be competitive at some point?

I apologize for being pretty much clueless.

one last question... Where is a good track to get help at and to eventually get into racing for a newbie in the Orange County/Southern California area?

oh more question, what is all this shokti diode and condenscor bussiness about? Sounds very confusing... It was being talked about on another thread addressing a KO Propo ESC.
Okay, first off you'll need batteries, there are a plethora of battery matchers out there, just find one that is in your price range, get good matched sport packs. As for the motor, are you planning on running stock or modified racing? Speedos, anything forward only, and it depends on the type of racing, stock or mod. As for the charger, go with either a Millenium Pro or LRP Pulsar, you'll need an AC to DC Power supply. For radio go with FM, choose a radio that feels good to hold, and easy to work with. Servos choose good quality ones, what you pay for is what you get. Pretty much spend the money initially on the electronics, and work your way up in batteries and motors.

As for soldering, it is pretty much unavoidable, especially if you are planning on racing. Most hobby shops will do it for you, but for a fee. It is better if you learn it yourself, its part of the hobby.

The condenser is basically a capacitor that some speedcontrollers use when there is a high voltage draw usually associated with mod racing, a Schottkey basically protects the motor and speedo from reverse voltage, when pos goes neg, and neg goes pos.

As for setup check with the guys at the local track to see what setups they use.

Yokomo SD is good chassis, alot of hopups available, similar to the TC3, but more refined.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BossPlaya. there is a very good track in Huntington Beach, So Cal Raceway. Some of the best in RC race there. You can avoid some sodering by using Orion Plugs on your batteries and the wires from your speed control.

For a great charger the Pit Bull is well worth the money and as far as I can see, less problems than most others. Suggest you start out with stock motors, a little slower than mod, but will allow you to improve driving skills with less money spent on broken parts while you learn.
Good Luck
Old 09-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Kilruf - How long did it take for you to get your parts from Precision? I have been thinking about ordering some of same parts you just got, but wasn't sure I want'd to order from overseas. I would like to hear how you like the parts.

Thanks, Lee
Old 09-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Post Rain cover

Anyone know if there is a raincover for the SD?

Right now I got a setup with a watertight box, but need to duct tape around the motor.

Any suggestions?

By the way. This is the setup I used during the last (very wet) round of the Norwegian Stock National Championship.

Last edited by sigmund; 09-09-2003 at 11:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.