Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SET BOOK

I noticed someone post a link for explaination of tweek.

Here is a book i highly recomend. Its a setup book in real english. Its for touring cars only on rubber or foams.

mPowered Chassis Setup Guide
Old 07-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Allistar : Where can I get pics of the Rayspeed SD? I know its reviewed in the Aug edition of RCWORLD but I can't find it in Kinokuniya last I checked. Does Jerry have the mag in his shop? Thanks
ya....he got.... wonder whether iszit only adachi haf....or yokomo is coming out another version....??
Old 07-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you make that determination (which bar to use for which track)? The track I run has wide open banked sweepers with a tight infield, so I am sort of looking for a little of each. Would switching to an upper sway bar help with the sweeper but hurt transition quickness? How would that change the balance of the car (i.e. front bar only)?
Granted, I am just starting out with the car and I am a poor driver to begin with (but improving). I am just trying to see how mounting the bar higher (or lower) would affect the balance of the car at that end. I know there are a ton more settings I need to learn about, I was just trying to determine where I should start with the sways, that's all.
I guess with me It would depend on how big the sweepers are and if I was actually going to lose that much time on them. But most of the time you will make the most time up on people in the infield. So I would set the car up to take the tight corners and it should still handle good on the sweepers. So use the the lower swaybars front and rear. You also asked about using one on the front or just one on the rear. Using just one on the front gives you more rear traction. And using just one on the rear gives you more front steering. I would try to stay away from using just one. But see what works for you and your driving style.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Anyone got the black version yet?
Old 07-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Peter Robinson has his I should have mine next week. Looks identical except for the Black of course (haha)

The car looks real good with the Black plates
Old 07-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Did you guys get to compare the weight difference? People are saying that the black ones are suppose to be lighter and stiffer. Any truth to this?
Old 07-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone know when/where just the black pieces will be available seperately?...just wanna swap the pieces one-for-one on the kit i already have...

SpeedTech--> you got these pieces yet?...and where is that Bugatti at? thnx
Old 07-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

forty6 not sure on weight difference I did not have the full Ti set on my car about 3/4 of it. Pete did have more ballast at the track than I did as he was caught out 1 round for being underweight. When I get the black it will get the full Ti set
Old 07-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Rainbowten has the black pieces....
Old 07-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is anyone running the SD on carpet with foams? Are you intrested in a stiffer chassis and top deck? I have been running a custom chassis plate and also a 3mm solid upper deck. We are looking at doing up a few for sale and were wondering if anyone would be intrested. These are hand cut and would be very limited. I am waiting for my next shipment of graphite and will be testing some new features on the chassis.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Brian L I would be interested in the toplate. It would be nice to have a another possible tuning tool. Not running carpet right now but might later this winter.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys im starting to look towards the yokomo but i just have some few questions

1.is there any vital upgrades to the car that i should get right away(im keeping the front diff and will be running in mod class)?

2.(to the people that have both tc3 and the yoke)what are the car strong points compared to a FTTC3?

3.are yokomo spares hard to get?
Old 07-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First thing i installed on the car was a TC3 Buds front bumper. With some modifications it fits nicely. Cant go fast if your car is broken. The next thing i did was install the AE lower spring retainer clips so i could use all my AE springs

I own both the YOK and TC3(RACER)(FT is a wast of money) And so far i have only broke on steering hub and c-hub both broke without the addition of the buds bumper.

STRONG POINTS:
-its as strong or better then the TC3
-diff access is 2 screws! I clean the diff for kicks now because its so easy!
-slop in the front end is about the same i added orings to the tierods and this took away most of the slop

PARTS:
Online there are lots of places
My local hobby shop here in Ontario Canada brought us in some parts so any hobby shop that wants your bussiness should be able to get them. WE have 3 racers with the SD so the shop felt it was worth while to bring in some spares.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by James Nguyen
Saw these on the Yok Jp website. I assume they are the same as the stock ones but the ballstud hole is moved forward a mm or so?
Worked these out, thanks to the Team Orion site.

It's like the difference between the trailing and in-line axles on an RC10. The SD as standard has trailing steering blocks up front - i.e. the axle line is behind the kingpin line. These new blocks have the axle and kingpin axes crossing, which should give sharper steering. Sounds good to me.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Brian... tell Jim N. to fire up the dremel and make us one up PM me with the price etc and your foam setup.
Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.