Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 05-29-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Oiling bearings

G'day

What grade/type of oil do you use when oiling bearings.

Thanks

Sam
Old 05-29-2003, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

twocan1- i personally use 'singer oil' which is basically a sewing machine grade oil. i think you can pick it up in coles - white bottle red cap.

i've been using since back when i used to do inline speed skating so it stands up to heat well, but it is a thin oil so maintainance may be increased.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default HOW MANY VERSION

Guys how many versions of this car are available? Does anyone have part numbers? ITs getting confusing my LHS says his West coast CND distributor has a limited edition car this said 2 weeks after saying he can get the original SD is there a difference between some of these?

This is hwat i know:

-SD USA: Silver chassis 2x diffs
-SD JAPAN: Silver chassis 1x diff 1x oneway
-Black chassis SD(no diff info)
-Composite tube SD(no diff info)
-Masamis gold and green chassis(probably special just for him)
-LIMITED EDITION??? could be BS i dont know but thats what i was told whats in it i dont know.

Anyway that minium 4 confirmed versions but as many as 7

Help
Old 05-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

JOEL.

As far as I know, there are presently only 2 versions available to the public. The Japan version with front one way, and the standard version available through the rest of the world, with a normal front diff.

This does not mean other versions won't become available. I've heard some rumours already.

The Masami green and Masami gold cars were probably one offs, but very nice anyway!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Just finished making my spool, I made the pads myself by gluing sandpaper onto the stock pads, will post pics later.
Hey guys, not sure if this will work as well on the Yok as the Mission, but all I did to make a spool was remove the diff balls from the gear, wiped the rings and gear free of lube with brake cleaner, and reassembled the diff. I left the thrust bearings alone, and when I was ready to have a front diff again, I just relubed and installed the diff balls. It was very tight, but it would break loose under a hard hit which IMO saved some bones from bending... I could even adjust the break-away tension with the screw just like adjust the tension of the normal diff.

Something to consider...
Old 05-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by johnbull
JOEL.

As far as I know, there are presently only 2 versions available to the public. The Japan version with front one way, and the standard version available through the rest of the world, with a normal front diff.

This does not mean other versions won't become available. I've heard some rumours already.

The Masami green and Masami gold cars were probably one offs, but very nice anyway!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Hi there John
FYI, I believe the "Japanese" version is also the one available in Asia. I think its an Asian version because I got an English manual with my kit (front one way equiped)

Last I heard, there is a shortage of the SD (SSG version) in Japan. There are abt 10~11 SDs in Singapore now, four of which are running competitively in the local race series.
Cheers
Old 05-29-2003, 08:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Jason - That is a good idea on the front diff, I am worried about breaking the outdrives on this diff with the locked setup. However, if speedtech gets the 1-way diffs in stock, I'll be switching over to that right away...
Old 05-29-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I spoke with Masami at the Reedy Race (who by the way speaks English very well) and the gold and green chassis are just one-off items that they are testing for public reaction. They are researching to see which color is more appealing to the customers.

Couple of interesting things I noticed about Masami's car:

1. The rear suspension block which is normally one piece was cut into two (I'm not sure what the purpose is behind that)
2. He didn't run the bladder type shock caps
3. No rear sway bars, but yes front sway bars
4. He ran a spool up front (using the plastic outdrives)
5. He also had a small fan directed towards the motor for cooling and quite a few lexan air ducts directing air towards the motor as well
6. He also ran the Protoform Alfa 2.0 body, which a lot of the drivers switched to as the race weekend went on.

Masami is a great guy, he let me check out his car for a long time and even left me with it alone for about 20 minutes (yes, the thought of running off with the car crossed my mind numerous times )

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman,

We should have the 1-way and the hop-up graphite/aluminum center shaft in stock today or tomorrow.

Steve Wang
Old 05-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Randman,

We should have the 1-way and the hop-up graphite/aluminum center shaft in stock today or tomorrow.

Steve Wang
Steve...

Please save me a graphite shaft. I'll put an order for other parts as well...

thanks,
Old 05-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
1. The rear suspension block which is normally one piece was cut into two (I'm not sure what the purpose is behind that)
Perhaps to let each end rotate a little and take some strain off the suspension shafts? I wonder how Masami made his spool - friction pads, glue, or a prototype part...
Old 05-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

i wouild think it was for sure a prototype..
Old 05-29-2003, 11:09 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Steve: You should have told him to come check out rctech.net.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by tones
twocan1- i personally use 'singer oil' which is basically a sewing machine grade oil. i think you can pick it up in coles - white bottle red cap.

i've been using since back when i used to do inline speed skating so it stands up to heat well, but it is a thin oil so maintainance may be increased.
Thats good as that is what I done my MR4 BD bearings with. Now i'll do the same to the SD

Ta
Old 05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I get paid tonight So I know where my paycheck is goin!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.