Search

TB-02 drivers, got any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TB-02 drivers, got any tips?

Hi All,

I am currently putting together a TB-02. I've previously owned a TL-01, and an HPI Nitro RS4-2, both for parkinglot bashing. This time, I want to race, hopefully silver can motor racing at first..

I've read tons on suspension setup, toe and caster, etc. I still have a few questions though that I don't see many folks talking about:

1) What to look for in a steering servo? Quickest servo = best? Or the most torque? Or all-around lightest? Do standard size servos fit? I plan to use a Spektrum radio.

2) What speed controller is good for stock can motor -thru- a little bit hotter as I get better? I am currently leaning towards a Novak GTS Pro.. Is this a good ESC for this car?

3) What types of batteries? I've got a superbrain charger already from my electric R/C planes, so I know how to charge. BUT, what types of batteries are legal in racing, and do you guys go for the batteries that fit down into the chassis cutouts or no?

4) How/where to get started racing these cars? I'm in Annapolis, MD, if that helps..

Any other tips? Compared to the TL-01 I used to have, this current car looks awesome and very adjustable.

Jason
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1. Yes standard servos will fit. All pros use quick servos
2. The GTS is a very good speed controller and will serve you for the rest of your racing career until you want to go mod.
3. Any Nimh is legal and yeah everyone uses batteries that fit in the batttery slots to keep CG lower and keep them secure. Also 4200 are the best to get at the moment.
4. Can't help you there sorry.