Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off) >

12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are a few pics of my BMI DB12R
Attached Thumbnails 12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-073.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-075.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-061.jpg   12th scale gallery (Post your pics... body on and body off)-birds-062.jpg  
Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Guys,
There seems to be a rash of new cars lately and I am only going to add to the pile. I am announcing my new MS3 from Slapmaster Tools. Taking a departure from the MS2.3, the new car has a molded chassis that will accept the Asc Dynamic front end with the IRS replacement arms and it will accept the CRC Pro-strut front ends. The front end of the chassis has a shallow off-set which eliminates the shim stack from both front ends. The smallest tire that can be used is 1.53" with no shims. Shim up with the CRC plastic shim - super easy! The chassis is rolled or tubed through the sides, matching the curvature of the cells. The chassis measures 4.05" wide at the cells - which is narrower then any t-bar car on the market and even narrower then some link cars. The chassis footprint that can contact the carpet lies between the axles which allows more roll and eliminates double steer due to chassis contact. I pressed out the very first car last week and took it to the final leg of our NWIC Series Race in Portland, Or. It was trial by fire. I had to maintain a good podium finish in order to capture the series win. After some quick adjustments, the new car was running pretty good. I was working with the Asc/IRS front end. After fine tuning the car, I qualified 2nd on the grid about 3 seconds off the pole and took 2nd in the mains. That was enough for the series win. I was real happy with the first prototype, but I know there is just a little more that can be extracted. What really caught me by surprise is the weight of the car loaded and ready to run turned out to be 817g! My previous car is a 834g with a 19t motor. I will drop in a stock motor for an upcoming Regional race and will likely be right at weight. With todays heavy batteries, this weight advantage will be priceless. I have some more prototype work to preform and then plan to release the MS3 as a conversion kit in the coming month. With some luck, I will try to work the numbers to be able to kit the car as well. No prices have been set yet. The car is not listed on the website just yet, but you can go to www.slapmastertools.com for more contact info.

Brian Bodine
Slapmaster Tools
Hey brian will the ms3 repalce the ms2.3 and do you have cut down the front arms to use smaller tires. thanks and that is one sick car!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Guys,
There seems to be a rash of new cars lately and I am only going to add to the pile. I am announcing my new MS3 from Slapmaster Tools. Taking a departure from the MS2.3, the new car has a molded chassis that will accept the Asc Dynamic front end with the IRS replacement arms and it will accept the CRC Pro-strut front ends. The front end of the chassis has a shallow off-set which eliminates the shim stack from both front ends. The smallest tire that can be used is 1.53" with no shims. Shim up with the CRC plastic shim - super easy! The chassis is rolled or tubed through the sides, matching the curvature of the cells. The chassis measures 4.05" wide at the cells - which is narrower then any t-bar car on the market and even narrower then some link cars. The chassis footprint that can contact the carpet lies between the axles which allows more roll and eliminates double steer due to chassis contact. I pressed out the very first car last week and took it to the final leg of our NWIC Series Race in Portland, Or. It was trial by fire. I had to maintain a good podium finish in order to capture the series win. After some quick adjustments, the new car was running pretty good. I was working with the Asc/IRS front end. After fine tuning the car, I qualified 2nd on the grid about 3 seconds off the pole and took 2nd in the mains. That was enough for the series win. I was real happy with the first prototype, but I know there is just a little more that can be extracted. What really caught me by surprise is the weight of the car loaded and ready to run turned out to be 817g! My previous car is a 834g with a 19t motor. I will drop in a stock motor for an upcoming Regional race and will likely be right at weight. With todays heavy batteries, this weight advantage will be priceless. I have some more prototype work to preform and then plan to release the MS3 as a conversion kit in the coming month. With some luck, I will try to work the numbers to be able to kit the car as well. No prices have been set yet. The car is not listed on the website just yet, but you can go to www.slapmastertools.com for more contact info.

Brian Bodine
Slapmaster Tools
Hey Brian,

Is that a larger rear bearing I see on the rear axle?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This car TQ at vegas driven by jarrod l. on stock class

Old 03-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

BEFORE TOMMY DROVE IT

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05

AFTER

Old 03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Brandon - I have stopped laying up the MS2.3 even though I really like the the car. The public told me they want to be able to break the car, so I had to finally come up with a molded chassis that someone can knock the corners off of without killing the chassis. I am being sarcastic of course, but really, the sales of MS2.3's went to a trickle for that very reason plus there are so many cool cars on the market right now. I still have the molds for the 2.3, but my focus in on the 3. The arms are not cut down, but rather they are the IRS arms that do not have a shoulder. I built the offset in the front of the chassis so if you bolted the IRS arm right to the chassis without a spacer, you will be able get something less then a 1.53" tire on the car. Anything smaller is "wheel". You can also use the CRC front end if you remove the lower shim, then take a counter sink to the embossment on the bottom of the arm to provide a flush surface. I then use the CRC assorted plastic shims for ride height. It works great! I will be testing the car again this weekend in Billings, Mt. I will running a few of them in stock and 19t class in a couple of configurations. After that race, I should have a clear idea of which parts I want to recommend to build the car. I am tooling up right now to do all the chassis cutting in house to keep the price low. Conversion kits will be released first which will consist of a chassis, bumper, 2 posts, rear cross brace, screws, stickers & assembly instructions. I hope to keep it around $80-90. But we'll see once all the parts are in place.

Inspector - you have a keen eye! Yes, I have been running 1/4x1/2" bearings now for 7 or 8 years. I dial up Boca, get a pair of ceramic bearings for $17 each which last about 2 full seasons of zero maintenance. I mean "none". I have mentioned to some of the guys to mold up the adjusters to take 1/2" bearings for sale, but the racing public does not know they can go a couple of years on bearings in order to request this product. Maybe we can pester IRS or BMI. I have machined these sets. I have them for all my cars. Each set is .025" different from the next. And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.

I wish I could figure out how to resize photos in IPhoto on my Mac. I have a bunch of photos of the car, but I have to take pics in low rez in order to post them on rchtech. Any of you guys have any tricks to getting higher rez pics on here, please let me know.

Brian
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Brandon - I have stopped laying up the MS2.3 even though I really like the the car. The public told me they want to be able to break the car, so I had to finally come up with a molded chassis that someone can knock the corners off of without killing the chassis. I am being sarcastic of course, but really, the sales of MS2.3's went to a trickle for that very reason plus there are so many cool cars on the market right now. I still have the molds for the 2.3, but my focus in on the 3. The arms are not cut down, but rather they are the IRS arms that do not have a shoulder. I built the offset in the front of the chassis so if you bolted the IRS arm right to the chassis without a spacer, you will be able get something less then a 1.53" tire on the car. Anything smaller is "wheel". You can also use the CRC front end if you remove the lower shim, then take a counter sink to the embossment on the bottom of the arm to provide a flush surface. I then use the CRC assorted plastic shims for ride height. It works great! I will be testing the car again this weekend in Billings, Mt. I will running a few of them in stock and 19t class in a couple of configurations. After that race, I should have a clear idea of which parts I want to recommend to build the car. I am tooling up right now to do all the chassis cutting in house to keep the price low. Conversion kits will be released first which will consist of a chassis, bumper, 2 posts, rear cross brace, screws, stickers & assembly instructions. I hope to keep it around $80-90. But we'll see once all the parts are in place.

Inspector - you have a keen eye! Yes, I have been running 1/4x1/2" bearings now for 7 or 8 years. I dial up Boca, get a pair of ceramic bearings for $17 each which last about 2 full seasons of zero maintenance. I mean "none". I have mentioned to some of the guys to mold up the adjusters to take 1/2" bearings for sale, but the racing public does not know they can go a couple of years on bearings in order to request this product. Maybe we can pester IRS or BMI. I have machined these sets. I have them for all my cars. Each set is .025" different from the next. And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.

I wish I could figure out how to resize photos in IPhoto on my Mac. I have a bunch of photos of the car, but I have to take pics in low rez in order to post them on rchtech. Any of you guys have any tricks to getting higher rez pics on here, please let me know.

Brian

upload to photobucket and embed on here

easy as pie
Old 03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05

nice car

do you know if that front end will bolt onto the front end of a corally SP12X?

or atleast the measurements between the screws

Tx.
M.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

And before anyone asks, the answer is "no". They take way too much time to machine.
Aww man!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by more$thanbrains
nice car

Tx.
M.
Not sure...looks like it bolts up to a standard AE front end mounting location. If you can find where to get one let me know...been trying to get ahold of one.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

My Corally Spec sp12x with the crc prostrut front, will be trying it out this weekend, can't wait to give it a go

Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by more$thanbrains
nice car

Tx.
M.
this version will... http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1604.html
Old 03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drivingpro
My Corally Spec sp12x with the crc prostrut front, will be trying it out this weekend, can't wait to give it a go

really nice car, i love the wiring job, very clean, and impressive. Nice motor as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

nice car dude
Old 03-06-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

what motor is that in there? Looks good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.