i hope you dont mind if i post my question here, didnt want to start an entire thread
im about to purchase from tower a brushless system for my yokomo BD
and its down to two choices - mamba max 7700 or novak 3.5r
ive been reading up on both and here are my personal pros and cons:
mamba max pros: cheaper by about $50, usb link, upgradeable software
mamba max cons: no local support from our lhs
novak 3.5r pros: available support from our lhs, favorable past experience with other novak products
novak 3.5r cons: more expensive, not as adjustable as the mamba
i would appreciate actual race information from you guys, side by side comparisions, actual race performance between the two to answer such things as:
1. which is faster in a race, not just a straight line?
2. which is better - will last longer, is more reliable?
3. which is easier to work with? setup, install, maintain?
4. which is a better system - sensored (novak) or sensorless (mamba)? although ive read that the mamba may be reprogrammed for sensored mode via the usb? but not sure on this.
5. which is better for brushed motor use? i may run some 19T, 23T, and 27T races, not exclusively brushless mode.
6. other stuff i should know about each system?
also, ive read that the mamba is rated at 7700kv wheras the novak is 10,500kv. is this accurate? so this means that the novak will be faster? what about sensored vs. sensorless? pros and cons to each type of system?
thanks in advance for any info
right now im about 55% go on the 3.5R and 45% for the mamba
but mainly because of our local novak support. if the mamba is indeed faster in races, i may get that instead.
hope to hear your thoughts/suggestions soon, i have only until dec. 31 to avail of tower's discount