Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum > Switch on > Full Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spektrum > Switch on > Full Throttle

I got a problem with my Spektrum when switching on the car.

It takes a second to find the transmitter signal and in that period the ESC gives full throttle. Very annoying with a 19T Stock motor. But with my new LRP X11 5.5 Brushless it's a big problem!

It is possible to switch off the transmitter and have the ESC turn to neutral. I had this in my TC last year. But with my 1:12th I have the same problem, but with a different ESC.

So I have three cars, with three different ESCs. All are working fine. But only one of the stays neutral when the transmitter is off or the second between switching on and finding the transmitter signal.

I never had this problem with my old radio system (both PCM on and off), only with the Spektrum I get this problem.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ummm, throttle trim? check your radios throttle setup and reset your speedy. it might have something like novaks 1 touch setup.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Try binding again. You need to set the fail safe portion of the spectrum. This is normal if you bound the units. Then adjusted your esc.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Try binding again. You need to set the fail safe portion of the spectrum. This is normal if you bound the units. Then adjusted your esc.
dodgeguy is correct when you first turn on you cars reciever it automaticly goes to failsafe while it searches for the signal from your transmitter. A simple way to check your failsafe settings is to turn on your radio and then your car wait for the signal to set during this process the LED's on both trans and rec will flash rapidly when they are set the LED will be on continously then while you car is supported with the wheels of the ground turn your transmitter off then the green LED on the reciever should go out indicating that the reciever has gone to failsafe mode. If your cars drivetrain starts moving when in failsafe mode then you need to reset your failsafe settings with the throttle trim on your radio and ESC in the neutral position or if desired with some brake dialed in it's your choice. Then rebind the system and you should be all set.

Last edited by Jmccormick; 12-10-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Thanx guys, re-binding did the trick indeed.

Never thought about the fail-safe setting.