R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #871
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will definitely reduce my dualrate and work with my setup if I find that there is nothing wrong with the car like bent axles or broken bearings, etc. If you guys have anything else, let me know.
TANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #872
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are the wheels new or used? A wheel that has met a board or two may not run true. Although, I have seen a wheel or two that was not running true from the factory...
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #873
Tech Rookie

The wheels & tires are new and it chatters only when i have it locked left or right.
TANTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #874
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does it Chatter with the Spool only?

Does it Chatter Only when on a racing surface?
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #875
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Maybe the Phi is a great car, I haven't got it on the carpet yet and I'm buggin'. The turn buckles apart from being flakey, are too long to make the short links. I thought I liked the front mounting shocks, they look good but to remove the rear motor side bottom mount and keep the shock ball in one piece, having to remove the motor makes this a miserable state of affairs. Then the shock hard ware is a long way off Xrays design quality and reminds me of stuff seen back in the 1980s. And everybody's putting Tamiya pistons in !!

Man alive I hope this car makes me a world champion. Right now, I feel that I just want to be a second rate driver with an Xray. I don't like negative posting like this, it isn't my style, yet this is a $500 car and having run Xray for a number of years, I expect better than this. Caveat Emptor you say. You're right and I'm sad to say I mugged myself on the image thing and should have known better. This message is for the next man up.

Sad Jacko
Jack Balchin.
Timezone Hooligan
IBEW Local 48-retired (Definitely, great pension.)
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #876
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the phi is very fast at my track, with X and TJ driving them,
they both running stock, it looks great with 8 degree blocks
Vicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #877
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Brad Johnson layed it down yesterday at the Gate. His car looked smooth and flawless. My PHI is real smooth and fast and easy to drive with a variation of Brads setup thats on the website.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #878
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Corally has already acknowledged the turnbuckle issue and are going to go to a more easily adjustable buckle. I brought up to Corally USA a long time ago the issue of the buckles being too long to use the shortest possible link. This car may have a few quirks here and there but let me be the first one to tell you that you will not be complaining that your car is outdated as it runs circles around the Xray 008, 009, and 010. I agree that $500 is a big nut to swallow, but so is $1260 if you get the latest Xray each season to stay competitive. I bought my RDX at the first Carpet Nats the car won, and ran it up until last week. Only reason I gave it up is so my 8 year old could run it. I still run it against 007's very competitively. Basically what I'm saying is that Corally is not the type of company to expect their patrons to shell out $420 a season for their new cars. Corally stands by their cars and supports the platforms to their fullest extent before even considering a new release. Oh....and why did I pick the Corally over the Xray at those Carpet Nats? Not trying to flame, slam, or talk badly about anyone but when I approached the Xray Team trying to ask a question about their new FK05 at the time as I was between that and the RDX, no one from Xray would even give me the time of day. Team Corally on the other hand was more than helpful and friendly. They even took one of the local kids under their wing to help him get his RDX dialed and worked with him throughout the week. Corally's support is why I bought the RDX over the Xray flavor of the month and I have never regretted it one day since then. Especially since all my pals bought an FK05, then the T2, then the 007, and I have still been running circles around them with my old RDX. Oh, and I only bought aluminum steering knuckles for hop ups as the car already came with the aluminum c hubs and rear hub carriers and full carpet spring set.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #879
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finally ran my new PHI in the driveway - practicing for this coming weekend.Looks good. I can say on our little team we have 2 RDXs and a T2 xray.Now we have 2 RDX PHI and an T2 Xray.Again having owned every Corally TC this is by far the best ever to work on.If you want to run down the Corally PHI go ahead if that makes you feel any better.It's a better car and the Corally guys have always been right there if I needed any help period.The price is the price, if you want it pony up if you don't nobody is holding a gun to your head and making you.If you don't like it- sell it.
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #880
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
If you don't like it- sell it.
I couldn't agree more....This is a great car and will only get better as the Team runs it on carpet. Thanks again to Corally for not coming out with a new car every 9 months and supporting their customers day in and day out.
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 AM   #881
Tech Regular

Can anyone tell me all the differences between the US and UK spec Phi's
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #882
Tech Apprentice

EU SPEC 01618
Front One-way
Rear Differential
3 Deg Caster Blocks
2.4mm Topdeck
2.4mm Chassis

US SPEC 01619
Front Differential
Rear Differential
6 Deg Caster Blocks
Hard Silver Springs
2.4mm Topdeck
2.9mm Chassis

monstercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #883
Company Representative

8 Degree Caster Blocks for Corally RDX Phi

Specialized RC has designed, tested and now are releasing all new 8 Degree Caster Blocks for the Phi. We have found these blocks to work excellent on foam tire carpet racing for the added edge. Just in time for the Las Vegas IIC race at the end of the month.

CorallyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #884
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to xtreameracer

will the c hub work on the old rdx car.
xtreameracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #885
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xtreameracer View Post
will the c hub work on the old rdx car.
Yes, it will bolt right on.