Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default diff

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
Sorry I thought you had the PHI 09 or at least the new diff. I found the only problem I had with the PHI was the diff. With the new diff. the car is perfect. The one you got cannot be tightened as hard as the new one so it may slip. I also found that it overheats during a race and back end becomes loose. I still managed good racing with it, but I had to drive the car hard. Some people used the RDX diff, but you won't find a better solution then the new diff. I run it with foam tires and a LRP 4T motor and it lasts very long before a rebuild is needed.
i will get an rdx diff for it then as that is what the old owner usto run it with
Old 11-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Chassis tweak

Something I observed this sunday racing, my car would not stay balanced(tweaked) run after run. The tweak board bubble would always be halfway on the right hash mark. I determined it is probably the chassis that is tweaked because I took the top deck off, and the bubble was off the exact same amount. Also, if i torqued the chassis(with top deck fastened) to the right, the car would balance out, but if any contact during the race, the car would "tweak" again.
I heard from some friends at the track that the stock chassis can be twisted. Are there any other checks I can do to see if what could be causing the tweak issue? Or if anyone has experienced what I've described, resolved their problem with a new chassis?

-DH
Old 12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wanted to see if there's any interest in some aftermarket rear bulkheads for the phi. These are much improved over the stock ones. First we raised the topdeck to accomodate lipos with out hanging out off the chassis. We also made all the webbing and shock tower mount 1mm thicker and removed the cutouts on the leg that goes over the battery to prevent them from bending as easily. As we all know the stock ones bend very easily. And finally we made them out of the same aluminum that the military uses for bulletproofing, again adding strenth over stock. So they are litterally bulletproof bulkheads We then made a new lipo tray to hold the battery in the stock location with the stock strap. It also has holes for the Corally weights on the outside for ballancing.

I've been running these for a month and a half now and the car has been really good

Here's a few pics of the prototypes. The tray in the pics is non adjustable but the production ones will have added mounting holes for moving the battery in and out for more flexability in ballancing. I know there are a ton of people out there still running the phi that don't want to buy new cars when this one is still very competitive, but still would like the battery to fit properly. So let me know if there's any interest.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.33.10low.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.36.24low.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.33.41low.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.46.19low.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Here's a couple more pics with an Epic 5000 40c battery.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.47.18low.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.49.44low.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-2009-12-03-23%5B1%5D.46.59low.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -showtime-
Wanted to see if there's any interest in some aftermarket rear bulkheads for the phi. These are much improved over the stock ones. First we raised the topdeck to accomodate lipos with out hanging out off the chassis. We also made all the webbing and shock tower mount 1mm thicker and removed the cutouts on the leg that goes over the battery to prevent them from bending as easily. As we all know the stock ones bend very easily. And finally we made them out of the same aluminum that the military uses for bulletproofing, again adding strenth over stock. So they are litterally bulletproof bulkheads We then made a new lipo tray to hold the battery in the stock location with the stock strap. It also has holes for the Corally weights on the outside for ballancing.

I've been running these for a month and a half now and the car has been really good

Here's a few pics of the prototypes. The tray in the pics is non adjustable but the production ones will have added mounting holes for moving the battery in and out for more flexability in ballancing. I know there are a ton of people out there still running the phi that don't want to buy new cars when this one is still very competitive, but still would like the battery to fit properly. So let me know if there's any interest.
Very nice looking, unfortunately I sold my phi a while back when the local track closed, if I had it still I would have loved these.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dhartman03
Something I observed this sunday racing, my car would not stay balanced(tweaked) run after run. The tweak board bubble would always be halfway on the right hash mark. I determined it is probably the chassis that is tweaked because I took the top deck off, and the bubble was off the exact same amount. Also, if i torqued the chassis(with top deck fastened) to the right, the car would balance out, but if any contact during the race, the car would "tweak" again.
I heard from some friends at the track that the stock chassis can be twisted. Are there any other checks I can do to see if what could be causing the tweak issue? Or if anyone has experienced what I've described, resolved their problem with a new chassis?

-DH
Danny, If you need another chassis, I have a couple stock ones laying around. Let me know.

Greg, sent you a PM buddy.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the pm's guys. I should have the pricing finalized next week.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

new bulkheads look awesome. new car would be nice. new bulk heads more econmical. post web site or pricing or away to get them
Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can get phi parts? I'm looking for quite a few things but everyone is sold out. I desperately need C-Hub M5 Screws. I ordered straight from corally but they did not ship. Sort of pissed me off since I just found out that they are out of stock eventhough I ordered them over 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ochavac
Anybody know where I can get phi parts? I'm looking for quite a few things but everyone is sold out. I desperately need C-Hub M5 Screws. I ordered straight from corally but they did not ship. Sort of pissed me off since I just found out that they are out of stock eventhough I ordered them over 2 weeks ago.
I would suggest that you call Rob or Jeff at CorallyUSA to get their take on your situation. Even when they were out of parts, they knew the most likely shops to check with.

Bill
Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ochavac
Call Steve at toyz 4 boyz in New Bedford he had phi parts 508 990 9925
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

OK guys finally got the price finalized for the bulkheads. The kit will include everything needed to raise the topdeck for lipo clearance. It will include the super strong rear bulkheads annodized light grey, Lipo tray, custom hardware to mount the topdeck on top of the front bulkhead unstead of under it, spacer for the stearing leaver, and all screws needed for installation. The price will be $175 with the lipo tray and $160 without. I figured I would include the option without the tray as a lot of people would rather tape the batts in. Taking pre orders now, they should be available to ship in a couple weeks. Just shoot me a pm if interested.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

It looks like it will...but I wanted to ask just to make sure...will that work on the 08 Phi?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, they are for the original phi not the 09.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I need a little setup advice. I'm having problems getting on power rear traction with the car. On corner exit whenever I hit the gas it wants to slide out on me. It also does it on the large sweeper coming onto the strait away. I'm running the 2 degree hinge pins with a spacer on the mounts. So it looks like it has a decent amount of rear toe.

Any suggestions on things to try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.