Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

What's the street price going to be?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catcars
I own an RDX. I was just wondering why Corally offers zero parts with color? Are they just 'above it all" ? Just seems like alot of untapped profit being left on the table.
I will take performance over color any day...Besides, you can anodize the aluminum parts in any color you want.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
I will take performance over color any day...Besides, you can anodize the aluminum parts in any color you want.
Hey Bill, when will it be out, in about TWO WEEKS?!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Hey Bill, when will it be out, in about TWO WEEKS?!!!
My two RDXs are so fast these days...I don't really care about developing a new on-road car. I am now considering an off-road electric vehicle though.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Performance over color.......it is not mutually exclusive. If they sold anodized replacment parts it would make your car slower? I bought an RDX, so I agree that performance is more important. But one walk through the pits and it is plain to see that most go to great lengths with their tools, chargers, towels, cars, etc to create their own look. Even the fast guys. How much $ is Corally leaving on the table by ignoring the option of choice?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

whats the point???? look at xray.... they dont have color. if its that big of a deal you can get a kit and do it your self. i would rather have the preformance
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats the point? Choice! Most of the companies offer upgrade kits for their cars. Corally and Xray don't and I wonder why? I figure some from the company might see this thread. It called marketing. Once again the argument against it seems to be that you would rather have speed. I don't see where performance is degraded or helped by anodizing. Show me a kit that I can upgrade my RDX parts with and I would buy it. If they offered the new car in color for $50 more, I bet they would sell 70% more of the colored cars. For those that wouldn't buy it , fine that's your CHOICE. To deny that color/style/show is not a big part of racing (real and scale) is not being honest.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

If I ran a Hobby store no way would I be want to stock spares/kits in multiple colours. The cost in dead money on the shelf would offset the profit of the stuff I did sell. Especially as we are talking about something as personal as "what colour would you like your bulkheads in your racecar sir"?

As has been mentioned you could always have your own parts anodised whatever colour.

I like the colour the come, they are a racercars, not fashion items.

just my 2cents

Cheers
Peter
Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Corally aluminum is anodized a light blue.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Still looking at a Mid to Late April release. Everything still seems on schedule.

Jeff
Yo Jeff...!

Uh... (I KNOW)... Uz gots ma' Name on 1 already don't u?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catcars
Whats the point? Choice! Most of the companies offer upgrade kits for their cars. Corally and Xray don't and I wonder why? I figure some from the company might see this thread. It called marketing. Once again the argument against it seems to be that you would rather have speed. I don't see where performance is degraded or helped by anodizing. Show me a kit that I can upgrade my RDX parts with and I would buy it. If they offered the new car in color for $50 more, I bet they would sell 70% more of the colored cars. For those that wouldn't buy it , fine that's your CHOICE. To deny that color/style/show is not a big part of racing (real and scale) is not being honest.
You're right. Look at how many people bought Surikarn/Hara Cyclone editions based on the color preference...they could have easily just sold one color, but sales would not have been as good as what they got by offering 2 or 3 different colors- counting the original black version Cyclone. Its meaningless performance wise, but its a factor.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
Yo Jeff...!

Uh... (I KNOW)... Uz gots ma' Name on 1 already don't u?

Maybe you and Jeff can do a trade, a Phi for a WRX STi?!!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJohnson
Art - You should be able to put one of the thinner arm mount spacers under the upper ball mount. Make sure you center the spacer under the ball mount and dont be afraid to tighten it down.

Thanks - Brad
Thanks Brad. I'll try that.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Maybe you and Jeff can do a trade, a Phi for a WRX STi?!!
Hey, that sounds fair........ I'll sweetin the deal by making it 2 Phi cars for the STi.

Jeff
Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Hey, that sounds fair........ I'll sweetin the deal by making it 2 Phi cars for the STi.

Jeff
Glad I could help out in this deal Jeff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.