R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1/12th scale brushless system (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/139028-1-12th-scale-brushless-system.html)

subman 12-02-2006 10:26 PM

1/12th scale brushless system

I'm in the market for a new brushless system for my 1/12 scale. I was looking for one of the new sensorless systems but I can't figure out wich one will run 4 cell if any. I see that Trinity makes the N40 for 1/12 scale but so far all the controllers I have seen specs. for won't run 4 cell. Does anyone know of a controller that will. Oh yeah I already know the Mamba max will if I modify some of the wiring but that seems really stupid to me :rolleyes: Any info would be great thanks

Fwck 12-03-2006 05:51 AM

I am using the Associated Sphere Competition/Neo-One 4 Star Combo an works well with 4 cells.

Chad Phillips 12-03-2006 07:40 AM

subman,

Jilles and blackstock ran the mamba speed controls with our motors at the indoor champs. The only thing we did to the speed controls was, replace the 13 gauge wire with 16 gauge, so the big wire would not tweak the car.

AdrianM 12-03-2006 09:24 AM

I have tested the Castle Mamba Max on 4 cells and it works well. The upcoming Tekin System should be 4 cell compitable too.

That said...the LRP Sensored system (Sphere Comp/Neo 4-Star) is highly proven in 1/12th. They have won a ton of races with it already.

Randy Pike 12-03-2006 11:20 AM

The new Tekin has been tested and ran with 4 cell. Mike Dumas was running it weeks before the Indoor champs. I'm sure his feedback will be made public soon... :nod:

vtl1180ny 12-03-2006 02:37 PM

I'm running a GTB in my CRC. You can't run the fan, it will not clear the body, but honestly you don't really need the fan on a 12th scale....

subman 12-03-2006 08:56 PM

I was running the GTB in it but as you said the fan won't clear the body so I cut one out to fit it. (never thought to take the fan off :weird: DUH) There are a ton of guys running the Sphere and it does seem good but I love the new sensorless technology as I already have the Mamba Max in my 1/10 pan car and it is great (albeit a little big for 1/12 scale) but it says 6 cells and up (now that I've heard it will run 4 I might just try it :D ). The new Tekin looks like a great option for 1/12 though small footprint, light weight and I love having less wires (no sensor wires). That or the New Orion/GM but it is hard to find any specs on (that aren't in German).

It just seems to me that sensorless is the next evolution of the brushless and I want to try it out. :sneaky:

vision6789 01-22-2007 05:49 AM

Hi,
does any body know what is specific on the trinity N40 ? what differences with N60 ?

gotpez 01-22-2007 02:43 PM

I ran the GTB with the 13.5 in my Rev.4 this weekend and absolutely L-O-V-E-D it! It's a lot of wire and a bit heavy, bit it was amazing. Smooth throttle response and there is NO WAY that this 13.5 is a "stock equivalent" motor. No other changes, and on the same track, I was .5 seconds faster per lap.

I am looking to switch to the TQ Drag wire as soon as my local hobby shop gets it in, that will help a ton with all the wiring.