Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
MIP Tweak station >

MIP Tweak station

MIP Tweak station

Old 02-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Default MIP Tweak station

Hi,

I have recently purchased one of this MIP tweak station. Today, I assembled the unit and set my car with all the electronics and battery on the station, and to my surprise both front and rear of the car are not tweaked at all. the bubble stay at the center for both front and rear. I was surprised that the car is not tweaked at all, which lead to the thought of that i might be using the tweak station in a wrong way.

Here is what I did with the tweak station any info about if i'm doing it right or wrong would be appricated:

1. assembled the station. by first make sure that the legs are even to the surface. (I did it in the way that was in the instruction)
2. put the front end of the car on the fixed bar, and the rear on the bar that moves.
3. Read the bubble (it's centered)
4. switch the rear to the front, front to the rear, and read the bubble for the front end of the car. And again, it's centered.

Does this mean that there is no tweak in my car and the car is well balanced?

or Am I reading the wrong thing and using the tweak station completely wrong?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it should be okay.. but just my opinion below..

1. make sure the fixed block is level by placing the other block with buble on it.

2. Fix the shaft onto the fixed block and level it with the other block that has buble.

3. Place the block with buble onto the shaft (end with bearing) and check if it is level. If not, balance the block with the supplied lead. If all are okay... place the car on it..

4. Read the bubble!!!!!

that's what I normally do.....correct me if I am wrong..
Old 02-24-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default tweak

dexter nailed this one!!!

Tweak should be the very last thing you do to tune your car.

If the tweak is way off, then something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

Most of the time the tweak can be adjusted out with less than 1 turn on the shock collar.

I will level out the entire guage, both side to side and front to back.

See Ya,
Rod
Old 02-24-2003, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dexter
I think it should be okay.. but just my opinion below..

1. make sure the fixed block is level by placing the other block with buble on it.

2. Fix the shaft onto the fixed block and level it with the other block that has buble.

3. Place the block with buble onto the shaft (end with bearing) and check if it is level. If not, balance the block with the supplied lead. If all are okay... place the car on it..

4. Read the bubble!!!!!

that's what I normally do.....correct me if I am wrong..
THE ONLY THING i CAN ADD IS TO MAKE SURE YOU LEVEL THE SHAFT ALSO.

DO THIS BY PUTTING THE BAR WITH THE BUBBLE ON THE SHAFT. THEN LEVELING THE BAR WITH THE FRONT ADJUSTABLE FOOT
Old 02-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply

I have done all that you guys has mentioned, like leveling the center shaft, the fixed bar...etc....

And yes, I have tuned my car (the camber, tone in... ride height..etc) before I placed it on the tweak station.

So I guess I'm doing fine with the tweak then.

By the way, when you guys put your car on the tweak station. Do you have the tire on? or the setting wheel on?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In my opinion, it would be better to use the setup wheels if you have them because that would eliminate the variable of the tires/wheels being untrue even to a small degree.

There is one step you are leaving out. You need to check the front with a 10mm block under the rear first. The rear will be on the stationary bar. I don't feel like typing the whole process so go see the setting tweak thread.... we keep going over the same thing again and again and again...

Here's the link: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=13511

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 02-24-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tweak Station Procedure

Jujst one more thing that has not been mentioned in this thread (although it has been mentioned in other threads) ...

and that is to push down in the center of both shock towers to settle the springs and then let them go before checking the bubble ...