Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mazda Speed 6 or Mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used the Parma Alfa since it came out in '04 (i think it was).

i recently bought a Protoform DNA and lost .2 a lap on medium grip stock rubber tire(CS 27's). So I think a body depends on your car setup too. I might try a Mazda 6 and see what that does.

The DNA over the Parma Alfa gave the car more steering definately going into the corners but made my car slower lap time-wise.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

kemal get the S6 and quit whining i told u this is the body. sheesh!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

oh yeah one last thing DO YOUR ENGLISH PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

I can understand how aerodynamics work. But traction? coming out of the corner when the speed isnt all that great? Does the body have an effect at 10-15 mph?

Once im traveling fast enough for aerodynamics to take effect, traction is over and done with..? or am i just not realising how fast a car accelerates and for how long its accelerating for?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I only ran the Stratus body.... On carpet, I recently tried the Mazda 6 and picked up 3-5 tenths per lap every time I ran the Mazda 6 as oppose to the Stratus. Really noticed the difference through the turns, more downforce even at slower speeds. I tried the same scenario the following week swapping the batts. Still 3-5 tenths faster with the Mazda 6. Still need to try it on asphalt....Starting to doubt the Stratus.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pheyhoe
I can understand how aerodynamics work. But traction? coming out of the corner when the speed isnt all that great? Does the body have an effect at 10-15 mph?

Once im traveling fast enough for aerodynamics to take effect, traction is over and done with..? or am i just not realising how fast a car accelerates and for how long its accelerating for?
I use to think that bodies did not matter. But I was not good enough to feel the difference or see it on my lap time. But after getting good enough to feel on the track and see it on the lap times. The body does make a difference.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

yo thanks,

I'm probably gonna get the speed 6 since I run indoor asphalt. But when I start to race carpet I'll probably get the DNA 1. thanks for the info
Old 11-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
I only ran the Stratus body.... On carpet, I recently tried the Mazda 6 and picked up 3-5 tenths per lap every time I ran the Mazda 6 as oppose to the Stratus. Really noticed the difference through the turns, more downforce even at slower speeds. I tried the same scenario the following week swapping the batts. Still 3-5 tenths faster with the Mazda 6. Still need to try it on asphalt....Starting to doubt the Stratus.
Asphalt I felt the M6 could be driven harder into tight corners, stratus rotated more around center with less front DF...I liked the carpet stratus on asphalt too it was nice & nuetral. Dont doubt the stratus you'll have to change your name . FOR the record the parma alpha is the coolest looking, only next to the proto alpha. It's got the look I dig.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Will you produce a Mazda Speed Light. If yes when???
Old 11-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Dont doubt the stratus you'll have to change your name .
I know, that's why I still keep the faith.