Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zero V Extreme??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Zero V Extreme??

I just got a new Keyence Zero V Extreme but am having a little problem. Last night when I was taking a few practice laps I began to glitch. I tried everything but it would not go away? I finally had to go back to my Quantum. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

hi,
i have the zero V xtreme and i know tat glitching will occur on this esc if u dun use a FM controller,...
in other words,it is prone to glitching if u r not using FM...

hope this is of help 2 u...
mayb u would like to try shielding it up???...
but tat would defeat the purpose of getting the esc cos u wun be able to read the digitial display...

so far,i have not encounter any problems with this esc...
Old 06-10-2002, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I have had no glitching problems with mine, been using it for about 6 months now. I am using FM though.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just like Raz, I have been using one for about 6 months without a single glitch and I run FM 75 band. Check your servo wires and make sure that they have good contact as well as the battery and motor leads for cold soder joints. If that doesn't take care of the problem, contact the importer and I'm sure that they would be happy to help you...
Old 06-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

I've been using my Zero V Extreme for 9 months with no glitching at all. im using very cheap 27MHz AM radio gear (£50 for transmiter, reciver and 2 servos) with no problem at all
Old 06-10-2002, 11:15 AM
dw
Tech Adept

The problem is almost certainly wiring layout. I had a similar problem a few years ago when swapping between a g9 and a v6. Whilst the basic wiring layout was the same the fact that the wiring exited on the other side of the case on the lrp meant it gave chronic interference.

Check that all radio leads (and aerial) are well away from power leads and motor (and power capacitor if you run one). Also make sure that the power leads are well away from the receiver and don't run directly over the speedo. If they have to run over the speedo make sure there is plenty of clearance.
Try and mount the receiver well away from the speedo if you can. If you have to mount them next to each other make sure that the power wires exit the speedo on the side furthest away from the receiver.

If you can try to avoid looping power wires. Looping the wire increases the magnetic field which causes the interference.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

I tried all the usual stuff you all mentioned. I am running the heat sink but I do not think that would be the source. I did not install the included motor caps. Could that be it? When I reinstalled my Quantum the glitch was gone, that is the source of my confusion. By the way I am using an M8 on 75mhz. I do not want to give up on this thing cause it felt so good when it was working. Thanks for all the responses. Any other tips and tricks you might have found would be really appreciated.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

well,...
in this case,my suggestion is for u 2 try to use aluminium foil to wrap the receiver wire.it would shield it from the radio wire from the interference...

how abt the esc setting?...is it being set correctly?...
try changing ur layout keeping in mind to keep ur esc as close as possible to the antena...

i've been running mine for abt 8mths now and no problem encountered...i did not use the capacitors...

1 thing through,check ur batt volt 2 make sure that they are still good, and that there is no dead cells...
Old 06-11-2002, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher USA is an importer of Keyence so we get calls about glitching from time to time. Glitching with a Keyence can almost always be tracked down to transmitter settings.

Having the throttle/brake endpoints higher than 100%- Keyence speed controls are quite a bit more advanced than anything else on the market. The functions that the Zero speed controls are capable of require a more sophistacated microprocessor than is found in any other speed control. This microprocessor can't make sense of control inputs over 100%. A lot of people running LRP and Novak run 120-140% on the throttle endpoint. This will certainly cause glitching with the Keyence. Rest assured, when the trigger is pegged on a Keyence you WILL have full power. 90% of all glitching calls are resolved by this.

The remaining 10% are caused by radio problems, environmental radio interference, bad electronics layout, shorting or intermittant contacts.

Last edited by AdrianM; 06-11-2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

thanx for ur advice AdrianM...
hmmm,...ur advice has been most helpful...although i have no problems now,i will definitely keep in mind ur words on the keyence esc...
Old 06-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

That sounds like the problem. In the setup instructions it was not very clear on where the transmiter should be set so I just left the settings from my Quantum. I use an M8 so if you could suggust some setting points that would be great. Thanks again Adrian.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Set up you throttle channel to its box stock settings:

100% Throttle
100% Brake
No Exponential

I hope this works for you. I've been using a Zero V-EX for a little over a year and I think its great.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Feels much better. I had both the throttle and the brake set at their max setting! I was wondering why none of the adjustments would count down. They would only count up. I will know Saturday for sure but it seems to be fixed. If you happen to run stock TC could you suggest some setting on the speedo. We race on blacktop with pretty good traction so some more aggresive feel would be okay. Thanks again for all the help guys!
Old 06-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, can anyone supply me with the instructions on how I can set up the ESC? I really need help in this as my Zero V came with a Japanese instruction manual..

Do I need to set a one touch set-up on my ESC? Or should I just reset my controls to factory settings and the ESC will be optimised? How do I use the functions onboard the Zero V?

PS: I am currently using a Futaba 3PJS with a PCM R113iP receiver.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

You will need to set the throttle and brake high points and also neutral on the Extreme before you do anything else. To do this first turn on your transmiter and make sure settings are all 100% and no Expo. After you turn on the extreme press the centre button once (set) displayed, then again for 4 seconds (nutr) displayed. next press right button. (drHP) displayed, pull the trottle trigger on your tranny to max and press the right button again (brHP) displayed, do full brake on ur tranny and press the right button again. display should return to (set) press the centre button once more, set-up is now complete.

i think this is right, if not someone please correct me. it would take a very long time to explain all the setting options so i think its best that you find someone with an extreme to show you, or get an engish instruction mannuel from somwehere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.