Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Year 2000 ROAR Blast from the Past >

Year 2000 ROAR Blast from the Past

Year 2000 ROAR Blast from the Past

Old 11-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dimmick,

Good job w/ that 1/12 scale...I hear that car of your is sweet.

How's racing in Ft. Collins? (Gotta be gettin COLD up there) Probably not as cold as MONTANA though...haha
Old 11-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
(Gotta be gettin COLD up there) Probably not as cold as MONTANA though...haha
You'll be happy to know I used my snowblower today... I hate snow...

Little tricky getting a 1/12 scale car around in a foot of snow... stupid snow...

Snow... snow... snow... snow... snow... snow... Doesn't even sound right anymore, sounds like a made up word now...
Old 11-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another long race story........ I ran a 10 minute main a few weeks ago in 4wd electric off road. Didn't dump a 4200 shv pack using a 10 single brushed motor........ Motor was pretty hot.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I can probably get close to 13 or 14 minutes of runtime in my TC3 with a Reedy 2* brushless motor and some semi new 3300's and even some pretty old 3300's. The other week me a couple other guys went to a new track, it was an oval track and they setup an onroad course to see if it would be something we would like to do on a normal bassis so we didn't actually race we just practiced and by the time my pack started to dump I was getting bored. I mean I have enough battery life to last easily a 10 minute main. Longer mains I would like but I don't think you should go longer in the qaulifiers. I mean no other (correct me if I'm wrong) runs quilifiers longer then 5 minutes just the mains are longer. I should be getting some 4200's pretty soon so runtime will really become a none issue. When I go to the track next time if I remember I will time it to see how much runtime I'm actually getting.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SWTour, I started racing offroad in the late 80's I think or it could have been early 90's, let just say a long time ago. Anyway the battery of choice was the red sanyo 1200 scr's with a few running the yellow sce's in mod but they were all 4 min races. My big whoops was really directed at all the advances in the hobby that have really got us nothing. Race lengths back then were based on the tech. at that time. I guess I'm just upset that the equipment has moved into the 21 century but we're still racing in the 20th.