Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cant charge my TX batteries??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cant charge my TX batteries??

I have some 9.6v 750mah nicads batteries for my TX, i dicharged them with my eagle racing discharger and now are trying to charge them on my Nosram sirius AKA LRP sport. Iset the charge rate at 1.3 amps but when i connect the battery up o charge, the amp rate goes down to 0.1 and stayes there.

Any ideas

and can i use a normal DC transformer as a slow charger its output is 10v 300mah, i would use it for 12-14 hours only.

Thanks for any replies

Tim
Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's your supply voltage to the charger - it has to be at least 2v above the peak voltage - so in this case about 15v as the Tx cells will peak around 13v. If your using a 12v DC car-style lead acid battery as source, you won't manage to charge your Tx batteries.

The transformer at 10V will be too low to fully charge the cells too. The best charger is the one that comes with the Tx, or a similar one with the same Volts/Amps spec. HTH
Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
What's your supply voltage to the charger - it has to be at least 2v above the peak voltage - so in this case about 15v as the Tx cells will peak around 13v. If your using a 12v DC car-style lead acid battery as source, you won't manage to charge your Tx batteries.

The transformer at 10V will be too low to fully charge the cells too. The best charger is the one that comes with the Tx, or a similar one with the same Volts/Amps spec. HTH

Yes i understand now!!!!

My input voltage is 11.9v so that would explain it.

I have a look at a futaba charger and they rate at 9.6v 70mah, so it should be ok or not?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

a regular 13.5v power suply will be suficient to charge the tx batt at 1.2