ROAR to 4 cell....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Appease everyone and make it in the rule that the chassis must have 6 slots... So that when the pro's want to run 4 cells and the clubs want to stay at 6 we don't have chassis conversions galore.... Or worse yet, the extinction of 6 cell chassis's altogether.... The bashers can still use their 6 cell stick packs and everyone is happy....
Old 11-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Adrian, 4 cell rules a great idea.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
This has been done before but I will lay it all out again later today.

I just took the training wheels off my daughters bike and so we have more important things to do right now
Don't 4-5 of these guys get you down. I'm sure these guys should have been racing mod years ago. People just hate change.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I agree though...

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Appease everyone and make it in the rule that the chassis must have 6 slots... So that when the pro's want to run 4 cells and the clubs want to stay at 6 we don't have chassis conversions galore.... Or worse yet, the extinction of 6 cell chassis's altogether.... The bashers can still use their 6 cell stick packs and everyone is happy....
Keep the six slots in the chassis for those who want to run six cells or lipos.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bob and Derek - It not just Florida. Most BRCA Mod A main this year finished with fewer than 10 cars due to motor trouble. The same thing is happening everywhere where 2 factors are present. Heat and or big tracks that let motors wind out.

You hear more problems coming from Europe and Japan because these racers to run Mod a lot more often than American racers.

Guys running nothing but stock on a 60x40 indoor carpet tracks will not have these problems. They have other problems that I will outline later today.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Guys running nothing but stock on a 60x40 indoor carpet tracks will not have these problems. They have other problems that I will outline later today.
Please tell.... I have no motor, esc or battery problems....
Old 11-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Keep the six slots in the chassis for those who want to run six cells or lipos.
There is no reason to make them go away even if we race 4 cell. The extra slots are great for changing weight distribution and handling.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This better be good.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
This better be good.
I am with you, that is the size of the club that I race on friday nights, with a stock motor.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

It seems the change to 4 cells is to benefit mod racers. At our track we have no mod racers. In our area we only have 5 or so that even run mod. We have 150 or more that run stock and 19......................why are the rules being changed for the few.........i’m sure this is the case in most of the country. As far as blowing up motors im sure in time most will figure how to tune a mod motor with 4200 world batteries.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Someone said why dont they motor down...Because if you do and someone else manages to keep a fast motor together then you will lose. So they run the fast motors with 2 fans, try to drive easy for the first 3 minutes of the race and pray it holds together.
Sounds like mod racing to me. If you run an ultra low wind motor, you risk blowing it up. The guy who can run the ultra low wind motor and keep it together benefits and goes faster. The guy who goes conservative and picks a milder wind doesn't have all out speed but doesn't blow up his motor. If you compete in the modified class, you have to accept that people are doing anything and everything to go fast. That's why we have 19T and stock classes. I'm not sure what's wrong here.

If you want to make the 19T class even slower than it is, make it a 23T class. If you want the pro level drivers out of the stock class, make it a 30T class. But that's just an idea.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It hasn't been clearly stated but I'm guessing that the problem that ROAR is trying to address is people running mod having problems with motor and speed control failures at high temperatures on large tracks.

So in my mind if ROAR was going to band-aid this situation, it should be just a mod class rule to go to 4 cell. They are the ones that can most easily overcome the power loss by motor tuning, wind changes.

The real problem is inefficient motors that blow up themselves and put a strain on the ESC which in turn can fail. The solution is to fix the motor rules to allow the manufacturers to develop more efficient motors to go along with the better batteries that technology has brought us. These motor rules were written some 25+ years ago. In turn the brushless motor rules were written to not give brushless motors a huge advantage over the outdated brushed technology.

My idea would be for ROAR to get with the motor manufacturers to see what they would like changed to make the motors better/more efficient. This will not be an overnight solution but this problem didnt arrive overnight either.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
You guys are funny - get the membership to vote. If they won't vote for a President and a region directors ( one got one vote) what makes you think they are going to vote on batteries. After all a stamp is .39 cent still.
I'm not for 4 cell in stock and 19t. If the Mod guys in our series what to try 4 cell that great. We usually lead the country on most things anyway.Our first state race is Jan 20-21 I'm sure they will post there finding then.Besides most people really don't care.

People don't vote because it doesn't make a difference. They vote with their entry fees, so if you see a decline in racers...they voted.

When was the last ROAR president that made a difference other than making it harder to be President. So why would the average racer vote?

How about step up to at least 1999 and have online voting. Put it on a website, have people punch in their ROAR # and have all the data online?

This crap of things blowing up is like every part of the internet, or even life when we can't call something Christmas because people pretend to be offended. The minority that are having problems are the most vocal. Most of us don't care enough to waste our time standing up for something they don't have a problem with.

So again, are we changing our rules for Florida, and Europe? I thought we raced in the US?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Would running a motor limit in mod like a 10 or 12 turn help solve the problem? Are the guys blowing stuff up run winds lower than 10 most of the time? At the Reedy race with a 10 turn limit do they still blow motors up?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Problem with running a 10 or 12 turn is that alot of 19turns are just as fast.I think Europe tried it but did away with it.For what reason?

Still waiting on your answer Adrian..................................
Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
The real problem is inefficient motors that blow up themselves and put a strain on the ESC which in turn can fail.
Jack, no offence to you on this. But you are really perpetuating rumors. Until somebody posts a bunch of race results from last year where 60% of the mod guys (from all over the country) can't finish a qualifier, and more than half of EVERY mod main event are finished with only 4 of 10 still running.

Mind you, I am 100% open to any good suggestion (and feel most of us here are pretty open minded), AS LONG AS SOMEBODY CAN SIMPLY PROVE IT'S A GOOD THING FOR THE MAJORITY OF RACERS! Which nobody has. Don't say "I saw this", "Lots of guys", or any other generalization. Just show us some numbers.

I am also, 100% for not having rumors dictate rules changes, and having rules crammed down our collective throats without being so much as asked. Brushless is an example of something that "magically" appeared in our ROAR rulebooks.

Just show us some numbers.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 11-26-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.