Article in XTREME RC XCars - Series of the Nation

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Article in XTREME RC XCars - Series of the Nation

They forgot three series that have been around for many years:
1] FSEARA.Org- the Florida State Elecrtic on-road Series started back in 1980
2] FORGASS.org- The Florida Nitro on-road series started back in the 1970's.
3] FSORS.com- The Florida Offroad series for Nitro and electric cars and trucks started in 1990.
I don't know why they didn't mention these series in there article?
Bill Fraden- the Retiring ROAR Region 4 director 1990-2006.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BullFrog
They forgot three series that have been around for many years:
1] FSEARA.Org- the Florida State Elecrtic on-road Series started back in 1980
2] FORGASS.org- The Florida Nitro on-road series started back in the 1970's.
3] FSORS.com- The Florida Offroad series for Nitro and electric cars and trucks started in 1990.
I don't know why they didn't mention these series in there article?
Bill Fraden- the Retiring ROAR Region 4 director 1990-2006.
West Coast Bias.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:48 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If it's not within walking distance of the XRC office they don't cover it is more like it.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Considering he was the editor of Rev-up for awhile -they should have known about our series. It's not like They have never been mentioned before and it's news to him?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Who is the editor of REVUP, it wasn't me, wasn't anybody here.

Like my reply to your email. The correct term is that we counld find information on every series, The Florida State was an oversight, it was on the list, but somehow got missed in the final tally.

But if you're really upset the lesson should be...when did any series ever try and contact the magazines to get exposure? We did searches for series, and I used my fading memory of series I know of.

The West Coast Bias comment is just plain ignorant. We travel more than any magazine, probably in the world. 75% of the people here are from the east coast.

The idea of the article was to try and find series in other states to show readers that they can race in their state, was it possible to find every series in the world...be realistic.

But half the problem with racing is that there is no promotion, tracks think they deserve everything and people should just show up. That's not the case. Is it funny that the first contact about a race series is to tell me you never heard of a race?

That's like walking up to a stranger and saying "Why didn't you notice me in the crowd"

And everybody should race at the "Fart II" a funny mistake...and obviously should have been the Farm II.

So when we do this article again, make sure to email the magazines (all of them) let them know you're there. POst it on magazine websites, we have a race forum, we also have an online interactive map that allows you to post a pin on the map for you tracks.

If you're complaining to complain, I don't really want to hear it. If you're complaining to change something...then do something about it and learn to be pro-active not retro.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Derek,

Thanks for putting infomation in your mag ABOUT those series, while Bill may upset you did not include FSEARA or the other Florida series, you did include a bunch of others that are just as deserving. Actaully FSEARA has been in your mag within the last year, one of our ideas was to create a Manufacturers Champ... , Shane did a small article about it. THANKS...

As far as contacting you guys to be in your mag, well that's kind of a double edged sword. We, as well as others, have been in touch, we have ideas to try and help all parties involved to try and promote the hobby, but for many reasons, on both sides, they just do not work out.

I am sure you dont want an email from us once a month ... trying to promote what we have going on.

I can however pitch this to you, I have Photographer/Writer, that can do an article ( Jarrod PIlone) that is willing to do a couple pages on what we have going on in Fla.... Send us your XTREME banner, we wil put it in Rotation on www.FSEARA.org. We apreaciate ANYTHING the media can do for us, and try to do what we can for the media...

Most of the series around the country are run by people that donate thier time and money, to have series that last for a quarter of a century says alot...

Last edited by TimPotter; 11-09-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

HE'S DEREK B! BEOTCH!! SLAP!!!

He's right though...

E
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Derek,

Thanks for putting infomation in your mag ABOUT those series, while Bill may upset you did not include FSEARA or the other Florida series, you did include a bunch of others that are just as deserving. Actaully FSEARA has been in your mag within the last year, one of our ideas was to create a Manufacturers Champ... , Shane did a small article about it. THANKS...

As far as contacting you guys to be in your mag, well that's kind of a double edged sword. We, as well as others, have been in touch, we have ideas to try and help all parties involved to try and promote the hobby, but for many reasons, on both sides, they just do not work out.

I am sure you dont want an email from us once a month ... trying to promote what we have going on.

I can however pitch this to you, I have Photographer/Writer, that can do an article ( Jarrod PIlone) that is willing to do a couple pages on what we have going on in Fla.... Send us your XTREME banner, we wil put it in Rotation on www.FSEARA.org. We apreaciate ANYTHING the media can do for us, and try to do what we can for the media...

Most of the series around the country are run by people that donate thier time and money, to have series that last for a quarter of a century says alot...
Actually I get emails from various series telling me when the next race is happening. I'm in the media, i get odd emails, pitches, questions all the time. Sending an email every month or race day IS the way to get into somebodies head. That is the reason I knew some of the odd ones in the article, because somebody talked to me about it or sent an email.

The worst thing sending an email can do is be read and thrown out. The best is that you make it into an article. That's how I got the idea for the article is that Alan Horne wanted me to do some article on his series, and I said I couldn't do it on one, but it sparked an idea to show people that there are lots of series out there. Not a list of every one, but more than just the few that are seen most often.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:29 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
The Florida State was an oversight, it was on the list, but somehow got missed in the final tally.
The longest running on-road series in the country. The series that gave birth to sedan spec tire racing, first with the pro-line H13, then the CS27. I also believe we were the first to run 6 minute stock racing at a state level. This series has led the way in a lot of innovation.....and somehow we missed the final tally...... . That's a weak way to say someone made a rather large omission. I'm sure however, either we're complaining, didn't speak-up or in some other way it was our fault....
Old 11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ASM
The longest running on-road series in the country. The series that gave birth to sedan spec tire racing, first with the pro-line H13, then the CS27. I also believe we were the first to run 6 minute stock racing at a state level. This series has led the way in a lot of innovation.....and somehow we missed the final tally...... . That's a weak way to say someone made a rather large omission. I'm sure however, either we're complaining, didn't speak-up or in some other way it was our fault....
Jesus man, just like thinking we're west coast bias is the same inmmature statement you just made. I've been into RC for 19 years, lived in the east coast for most of them...and the only reason I know of that series is Adrian from Schumacher.

So roll your eyes and try to look beyond your state. I'll tell you what if I keep getting BS statements like that about the series, I bet it's left off again.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:11 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think you're not quite getting the picture here. I'm not saying it was left off for any specific reason what so ever. But then again you've always taken such offense to anything that's said negatively. Personally, I could care a less that it's my home state. If you've left any other series that has done so much, I'd feel just the same way regardless of the state. Did I make myself clear?

A threat to "leave it off again"....wow....and you want to say my statement was immature?

Derek, let me let you in a little clue....we do like your magazine. We do appreciate what you guys do. Most of us think it's the best one out there. However, just because you're the editor, really doesn't make you any smarter than the next person nor your opinion always the correct one, although you like to come off that way. "Jesus man", don't take everything so personal....it does come with your territory doesn't it?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Whatever man, you can be a dick and so can I. Where did I say I was smarter, the comments made here weren't anything other than people feel like they were slighted, or I don't know what I'm doing.

I learned when I was 2 that I'm not out to please one person or group. I offered a suggestion, and some people responded like a person and not some Internet Champion, who has to prove something.

Like I emailed to Bill, the Florida State Series was on the list of series, but when it was searched out, the oval one came up. It wasn't intentionally left off, and like I said before, it's big in Florida, and not anywhere else. Just like you don't care about the Saturday Series here. The article was to let people know that there are series in lots of states. If people look for a series because of the article that is what I wanted. If they don't the Series will go on.

If you want to argue about nothing, I'm all game. But I respond, how I am addressed, and if somebody wants to just post "They are west coast bias" the response won't be "gee I'm sorry" it will be just as the comment was intended...moronic.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's what he's telling you. It is your fault for not promoting your series.

Have you heard of mine...? Longest running F1 series in the U.S.? No? Who's fault is that? Yours? Derek's? Get a clue. Being a douche to a magazine editor show's your style and intelligence.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

And this will of course come off like a dick, but I actually am smarter when it comes to RC and the industry. I do it for a living, and involved with it globally. Just like whatever job you have you are probably better at it than I am.

See you at the FART II
Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slcf1
That's what he's telling you. It is your fault for not promoting your series.

Have you heard of mine...? Longest running F1 series in the U.S.? No? Who's fault is that? Yours? Derek's? Get a clue. Being a douche to a magazine editor show's your style and intelligence.
There must be some problem in the world...people are defending me? What's next World Peace?

I wish there was a site online that showed all the series, because I would have tried to get them all in, but there isn't.

And obviously my fault, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.