Wiki Posts
Search

Has touring car for club racing turn-out been low in your area

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Has touring car for club racing turn-out been low in your area

Seem like 12 scalers are started to pick up steam IMO that cost is cheaper and new cars are not droppin' every 9 month
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No it hasn't, and are you sure 12th scale cars aren't coming out every 9 months?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

TC's dropped pretty substantially starting last season. 12th has gotten a big boost in our area.

I know that I have dropped out of TC. I run 12th scale exclusively. 12th scale just fits better on our smaller indoor carpet tracks.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

I know alot of guys who quit racing TC at the end of last season because they can't afford to keep up with the guys who can afford the best batteries/motors/ecs etc.

A couple of them have switched to 12th due to the low costs involved......

example two weeks ago we had 31 12th scale guys and only 19 TC guys turn up to a big event.....
Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We had 4 packed heats of 1/12th this past Sunday

only 1 heat of 19t sedan
Old 11-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

1/12th is raising alot of interest in our area also.tc market is hurting due to the extremely high costs of the touring cars.not only that,the most popular brands keep releasing a new kit every 6 months with minimal changes just to release something new and keep sales up for there kits.not everyone can afford or want to replace there almost new cars for something new that doesnt really work any better.1/12th scale has been pretty much the same for many years with minor changes.you can take a 5 year old car and be extremely competitive in 1/12th.the cars are 1/2 the price to buy and maintain and they dont lack in handling.they are probably the best handling cars out there.i still love touring car but have pretty much gave up on alot of the brand names out there.by the time i put it together its almost outdated.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Where was this bs6ef We have started a new series down in the south and have had a great response from T/C racers, but have to admit that I have been aproached by a lot of 1/12 boys who want to play.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 11-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jason,

I agree....the cost of touring car racing is out of hand and it is a big turnoff at my local track. The car as way to complicated and to fast these days.

1/12 scale is coming back for sure.

I was joking this weeked if I could track down an O.G. 12L you could still make the main just about anywhere...this biggest advance has been tires and now with modern batteries run time is not an issue....anybody have a mint 12L???????????

Jamie
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd have to say Touring hasn't really been too popular around here. But I do notice it's getting smaller. Alot of guys try it out, and if they can't win, they will move on to something else until they can find something they can win or compete at. Winter/carpet season seems to pick it back up. But I'm opting for 12th scale this winter. I do try and run both classes though to support the track.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Alot of guys try it out, and if they can't win, they will move on to something else until they can find something they can win or compete at.
I think you hit it there...I racer where Pez man does and there's a HUGE oval crowd. A few people who came out and had trouble with TC or roadcourse in general and said screw it, and moved to oval racing where they are instantly competitive. I think it's less of the cost and frequency of kits and more of people expecting to win their first time racing.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

We alternate a point series every other week at my local track. Seems touring out numbers 12th 3 to 1.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've see alot of TC guys convert to nitro 1/8th scale off road. Some even to electric off road. No batteries or motor wars. Off road is all setup and driving skill. 3300 mah cells are still used in off road.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
1/12th is raising alot of interest in our area also.tc market is hurting due to the extremely high costs of the touring cars.not only that,the most popular brands keep releasing a new kit every 6 months with minimal changes just to release something new and keep sales up for there kits.not everyone can afford or want to replace there almost new cars for something new that doesnt really work any better.1/12th scale has been pretty much the same for many years with minor changes.you can take a 5 year old car and be extremely competitive in 1/12th.the cars are 1/2 the price to buy and maintain and they dont lack in handling.they are probably the best handling cars out there.i still love touring car but have pretty much gave up on alot of the brand names out there.by the time i put it together its almost outdated.

Is this the popular "X" and "T" company my car is about a month old seen the track couple of times and it's outdated already......
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I lost interest in Touring car racing due to the fact that every kit is near the 400$ mark, and no one in my area wanted to run modified motors. Stock racing was fun, but I refused to spend my paycheck on batteries and motors simply to keep up with those who have unlimited resources.

Buying a top of the line Xray, good batteries and motors simply to loose doesn't make much sense to me. Off road, and 12th scale racing relies on skill more than raw battery voltage, and the car kits are nearly half the price of a nice touring car.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

In our area, (Midwest US ,Iowa ) Our local TC's have switched to Brushless and Lipo's. This totally takes the batteries and Motor wars out. As for 12th scale, We are trying to get as many of you guys as possable. It is new to our area and I am going to push it at our track. Most of our local guys run PanCar's and they don't even like to say the word OnRoad. So we started our own track and now we are doing our own thing.

My 2 cents
Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.