Wiki Posts
Search

Unmatched IB 4200 World Champion cells

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Unmatched IB 4200 World Champion cells

I've had a lot of racers ask me where they can get cheap IB 4200 World Champion cells. I don't have any proof, but I would suspect that a new unmatched IB 4200 World Champion pack would perform better than a used matched 3700 or 3800 pack. Would anyone agree with that assumption? If so, cheap IB 4200 World Champion cells would be a smart purchase. Anyone know where to get them cheap?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

precison rc
Old 11-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You should consider buying matched packs. Every matcher sells 2 levels of matched packs and the lower level normally has good pricing. Our IB4206E packs should be around 50 bucks from local shops or tracks and possibly a bit lower from mail order places. By buying matched cells your getting zapped cells that have been cycled which means the cells have been weeded out.

We see cells ranging from 400 - 460 so paying a bit extra to get matched packs should be worth the investment.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

I would have to agree going wtih matched cells are better, I recently have started using maxamps packs and found not only are the cells good but they are inexpensive as well. they come matched. You can get made packs or buy the pro kits and build yourself. I prefer to build mathced sets although you may need a few sets if using unmatched to match them and that could prove more costly.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Danny, I've had good success with your matched packs before. I truly understand the reason for matched packs. But your matched packs don't go low enough ($25 - $35 range for 4 cells) for what we are looking for. Besides, your web site shows that you are selling the SHV version.

Precision RC on the other hand, has the 4200 World Champion cells for $5.40 each! Shipping to USA is the only issue here. Still looking....

Last edited by James35; 11-22-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm also willing to dissasemble a stick pack too. Anyone else know of some low cost 4200 World Champion cells?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

check out www.fusionbatteries.com
Old 11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.speedzoneusa.com/batteries/ These batteries are the truth. Give them a shot.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The problems with non matched cells are:

1) You might get a bad cell or two since they havent been stress tested

2) The varience in capacity will constantly hurt the weakest cell by overcharging it on the charge cycle and overdischarging on the discharging on the discharge cycle causing it to fail prematurely
Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James35
Thanks Danny, I've had good success with your matched packs before. I truly understand the reason for matched packs. But your matched packs don't go low enough ($25 - $35 range for 4 cells) for what we are looking for. Besides, your web site shows that you are selling the SHV version.

Precision RC on the other hand, has the 4200 World Champion cells for $5.40 each! Shipping to USA is the only issue here. Still looking....

Our website is kind of a mess. We need to have it updated but all we have been matching and shipping out since early September is WC cells.

I don't want to offer any pricing on this site as I'm not an advertiser but if anyone emails me I can give them updated pricing on our mid level packs and loose cells.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

buy unmatched cells. matched cells are much over-rated.

buying the newwer IB4200WC loose cells you would get large majority of cells in the 1.20+v at 35amps anyway. i have seen matched packs go bad after a few runs... so whats the "stress test" do?

so long as they hold thier voltages and doesnt dump for the race then your fine.

i been buying loose cells from HK for a while now. $30 for a 6 cell pack, and its great value. as i can afford to buy newer onese earlier, and also afford to buy the newer generation cells as they come out.

dont get me wrong, if i was running a big event, nationals and states, or have unlimited cash, then i would go for the top notch matched pack, but for everyday club racing unmatched is fine.

lots of guys will dissagree, but these people are normally affiliated with a matcher in someway, and prob have never tried making up thier own packs from the newer IB's before.

my 2c's.

NOTE: BE WEARY OF BUYING "UNMATCHED" CELLS FROM MATCHERS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SAY "UNMATCHED AND ZAPPED"

AS USUALLY THESE ARE LEFTOVERS AND WEAK CELLS ~ THEY HAVE TO GET RID OF THEM SOMEHOW

Last edited by BlueR1; 11-22-2006 at 02:35 PM.