Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tc3 @ Socal need help(chassis mods) >

Tc3 @ Socal need help(chassis mods)

Tc3 @ Socal need help(chassis mods)

Old 02-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tc3 @ Socal need help(chassis mods)

Im going to start racing my tc3 at socal, and I was wondering if those battery mods and ntc3 rack really make a difference for this track.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Describe what battery mods and ntc3 rack you are talking about.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

I don't race a tc3 but I know they do work the sterring thing is your own prefrence but the battery moving them in works.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

The battery mod is milling the spine of the chassis to scoot the batteries closer to the shaft, making it have better left to right(correct me if im wrong) steering. And the NTc3 rack is supposedly better in a way, whihc im not sure about.

O ya, will running with a crease in your body's hood make the car act "squirely" down the straight away?
Old 02-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

I just did the battery mod and it really helps. It moves the bulk of the weight in toward the center and helps steering response. I also lowered the servo, don't know how much it helped because I did it at the same time I did the battery mod, but it probably helped it corner flatter. I don't really know about the NTC3 steering mod, but it looks smoother and less suspectible to getting gritty like the stock rack.

PS.- For any more TC3 questions please use the TC3 thread, it keeps all TC3 info in one place and lots of TC3 owners see it and can answer your questions.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Lowering the battery tray and moving into the "spine" makes a huge difference in the car.

As for the steering rack. I know a couple of people whom have tried this, but are having a hard time getting the feel back for the car. Sounds to me like it really isn't necessary, but carpet mod with foams would be crucial as it is going to have highest torque tolerances to the steering.

Get a hold of Ray Huang to have a chassis done. He has them done and they are PERFECT............
Old 02-20-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

There's some good pics of these mods in the current Radio Race Car (UK Mag), on Craig Dreschers car.

As well as moving the cells inwards a few mm (to offset the imbalance caused by the heavy new 3300's), they've machined a hole under the servo, and inserted lead plate.

There's a few other bits of material removed as well, mainly the chassis being radiused, and the lips around the gearbox casings being filed off.