Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
lil closer a few flaws as allways I did it in 1 day
well if you dont want it
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #62
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I don't know how many of you out there have had a chance to get your hands on and try the new MS6 body... so I figured I'd share some of my initial first impression of the body when compared to a "standard" mazda 6.

My home track is Socal Raceway in Huntington Beach, CA... it's a medium sized indoor banked asphalt track... generally it's pretty high bite.

I tested back to back over two days... the first day was much lower bite than normal...where as the second day was more "normal" in grip.

On both days the MS6 got into corners harder and changed direction much more nimbly than the mazda 6 did. The steering response seemed more linear with the MS6.

While pushing the car in the middle/exit of corners the MS6 seemed to be more stable than the mazda 6 as well... It never really wanted to break the rear end loose... it just seemed to want to roll more the harder you put it into the corner whereas the mazda 6 would only take so much and then brake traction...If the MS6 did get squirly it was pretty easy to get corrected and back on your way.

Laptime wise I found it easier to go faster with the MS6... it just "drove around the track" more naturally... didn't feel like I had to force it to do what I wanted it to whereas the mazda I felt like I really had to work the car to get it to do what I wanted it to do.

I was able to run about the same fast lap time with each body...but I ran much more of them and more consistantly with the MS6 than the Mazda 6. The fast laps with the Mazda felt more like I was just gunning for a fast lap "on the edge" whereas the MS6 felt much more controlled and consistant.

I think it's safe to say at least for myself that I'll be starting out with the MS6 body most of the time instead of the Mazda 6 from now on!

Good job Dale!
Steve Weiss
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #63
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Nice, Thanks for the info steve.. Now I just need to find one...
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #64
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 68 (99%+)
Default body

yah I ran mine today for the 1st time and wow it is all what U said and then some !!!!!! turns in way better and !!!!!!!! I ordered 1 more today!!!
Team Xray | RC America| Hudy |Jaco |AKA
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #65
Tech Master

Darn...!! After reading this tread...I've gotta have one! But non of my LHS carries this currently!!
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #66
Tech Rookie

Really a Nice work! Need to get my hands on one!
henryviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #67
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 68 (99%+)
Arrow where

u can get 1 here

Team Xray | RC America| Hudy |Jaco |AKA
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:51 AM   #68
Tech Regular

@Dale: Can you tell me if the EFRA is going to homologate the body for the 2007 season?
Xray T3 for dry and Xray T2'009 for rainy weather. Sponsored by: Myself and my wife.
Joep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 AM   #69
Tech Elite
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by daleepp
Wow - can't believe all the posts from Australia. Owsyergoingmates? Olroit?

I just love your country! My daughter lives in Noosa, so I've got this great excuse to get down there every year or two. It's always tough to come back home from Australia.

Incidentally, because of my fondness toward the good folks from Oz, (rc racers in particular) I'm going to start a project in the new year that I'm sincerely hoping you'll really like. It'll have a definite Aussie flavour to it. Can't give you any details yet other than the fact it will be released in the first quarter of 07. Oh, there are actually two details I can share with you guys: it's not going to be a Ute, and it won't have a molded in roo bar. He He !

Hooroo mates! - Dale - Protoform
australia V8`s now your talking
is protoform going to do Holden Commodores & Ford falcons
craig lownes yeah ,really liked the car scheme he had 2 seson`s ago black silver with green hedlights

the pickups are really good considering most of then actually drive then to the track & are road legal
Also like the bleedin nick names the drivers have (Handlebar Kovaks & David `Iceman` Rice
this lot & WTCC & DTM rule the world

PS;; not all australians are nice , there are some on the `ASHE`S` thread really being quite rude about the England cricket players
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Anyone feel that the Mazdaspeed shell has TOO MUCH steering if used with a small rear wing, does it need the big wing (bigger cut lines) to be balanced in people's opinions?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
The latest in effective chassis coverings - for those running 190mm electric sedan. For use in rubber/carpet or rubber/asphalt type competition. Fully licenced and ready to ship at this time.

Dale Epp - PROTOform

btw: Mazda has always been a great company to deal with - and their cars are not only very nice, but a great value for the $$ spent. Shameless plug - I know. But done in all honesty.

Good afternoon Dale

A lot of the guys here in Vegas was sad to see that the Pontiac G6 was discontinued. That was a great body that we used for carpet foam. I know that the DNA is a great body but most of us had better luck with the G6 . I called Protoform today and Harmony told me something about a new body coming out around the 15th called the Frisbee.

Is this going to be a 190mm body? Will it also be a second option other than the DNA? I am running the DNA now and it is a great body, I for some reason got really attached to the G6 and the way that it looked on the car. Thanks for any info and keep making the great products that you do....you will always have my business.
Jaco / Airtronics
Much More / Team Orion

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote