Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with new TC3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with new TC3

I want to purchase a TC3 but need a little help on what else to buy (receiver, radio, servo...) First I need to know what the difference is between the TC3 Racer and the TC3 touring. I have been looking at the TC3 racer with the CLK body. Then I need to know some recommendations on the following components:

-radio
-steering servo
-ESC
-Motor (for stock racing)
-Pinion Gear

Thanks for your help and if there is already a thread on this, could you please link me to it.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Have you visited the Associated sight yet ? thinking there might be some info there for you reguarding your choices .. hope this helps...

http://www.teamassociated.com/
Old 02-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

it all depends on what you want to spend.

as for the car spend the extra bucks and get the factory team. you get all the upgrades that you will go to anyway if you want to be competive.

radio: i use a airtronics m8 but there are alot cheeper ones to get and there are more expensive i just like to be able to do the servo adjustments that some other radios give you also

servos: i go with the hitec metel geared models thay have a warenty and are a great product and are lite on your wallet

recever: i am crystalless i have the novack switch moduel in the m8 and the xxtra recever this is the most expensive way to go right now but i do alot of racing and not having to buy crystals and a large race is worth it to me.

motor: this is a tough one people are stuck to motor companies like thay are stuck to fords and chevys i run reedy mvp stock and ti mods only but i tune my own motors. there are alot of motor companies that say theres are best and some companies take current mvp p2k2 ect ect...... and do the tuning for you at a price but all the info you need to do the tuning is online if you take time to find it and learn.

pinon: that will depend on track, driving style, and setup i think the starting setup in 72 spure and 24 pinion but if you cacluate actual role out vs track link to meet the track recoard this will change

hope this helps

peace
wvracer
Old 02-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea go with the FT TC-3 it's worth the extra money. u get all the upgrades. why spend the extra money seprate?

radio: i use the Futaba 3PJS with the Hitec Module. Changing crystals sux

Speed control: LRP V6 it has a nice smooth throttle responce, also it fits quite well in the chassis

Motor: I run the Reedy MVP with drilled 767 brushes

Gearing: 28 pinion with a 100 tooth spur 64 pitch

The car is real quick on the carpet. My setup is right out of the instruction book with the addition of a center one-way from GPM and a rear shock tower up front. shocks in the lower body mounting hole. Lays the shocks down even more. Just look for the setup that reads carpet with foam tires. I'm assuming you are going to be running on carpet. An outside setup i'm looking in to that.

I get back to you.

Steve