Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena >

2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena

2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena

Old 11-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The only place winds are really thrown much is at large outdoor asphalt tracks...

While I am sure ith happens.....it seems to get blown out of proportion.

Dumas has thrown ONE wind this year at a big race and that was because he picked up a washer from his pit at the Novak race...

Snowbirds....no thrown winds....

Carpet Nats....no thrown winds...

Vegas Race....no thrown winds

And he did not throw a wind at cleveland last year...

I can tell you, I have seen a lot more brushless motors blow up than brushed motors throw a wind.....

Later EddieO
Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

At least there are five Yoks into the A-Main this time and Win all the 3 Mains. Last year or so before seemed like Masami is the only Yok fighting alone with the rest of HPI/H.B. Cyclone gangs.

This year, it make the Yok Team come back like the good old MR4TC glory days when HARA, Adachi, Barry Baker, Chris Tosolini in the team.

Anyone see or try the new SOREX with the golden/yellow color wording packing?(current is pink wording) I saw it in Honk Kong last month but didnt buy them. Not sure they used them in this race or the "2001" Sorex. Who on earth will keep & preserve these tires till this day??
Old 11-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's their home track, no doubt they perform so well. As for Masami... what can we say, put him anywhere/anytime and he will be in top 3

Nick
Old 11-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorex tire with the yellow tag is new stock replacing the pink tag ones. i doubt they will use a 5 yr old tire.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here are a few more pictures, including a picture of the Yokomo SDW of Shinya Kimura that finished 6th and his setup sheet for that car.

Source: http://shinya5845.10.dtiblog.com/
Attached Thumbnails 2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena-dsc_7881.jpg   2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena-dsc_7927.jpg   2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena-dsc_7965.jpg   2006 JMRCA All Japan TC Championships @ Yatabe Arena-dsc_7973.jpg  
Old 11-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

hey what do you know...a shaft drive in mod! that's comforting for me.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
The only place winds are really thrown much is at large outdoor asphalt tracks...

Dumas has thrown ONE wind this year at a big race and that was because he picked up a washer from his pit at the Novak race...

I can tell you, I have seen a lot more brushless motors blow up than brushed motors throw a wind.....

Later EddieO
Hi EddieO,

I am thinking that your theory is on the money......so to speak. Where I race there are 5 tracks and only 1 track suits brushed motors (ie. they do not throw winds) at least 2 of the other tracks brushed motors cannot cope and will almost certainly throw a wind or come close to (ie. de solder windings or solder joints at windings crack).

This is because (IMO) they are really large tracks with long straights and then followed by a hairpin turn which requires heavy braking. The brushless systems seem to dominate on these types of tracks, whereas the brushed motors seem to compete quite well with brushless on smaller and less demanding layouts.

I run both brushed and brushless (although it seems lately that brushed motors have taken a back seat).

My 2 cents.

Leonard.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
I just watched the video with the 2nd Amain in which Masami lost to the young Yokomo driver.

Don't click on it.

"Save as" to your files.

From the YOKOMO web site

http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/0611/06te.wmv

It really sucked to watch the drivers run out of power on the last lap..
On the final lap, very funny.........not funny.......wth
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
So:
over a month straight of testing
perfectly molded, impossible to find tires (used for one run)
one-run batteries (well at least they weren't one-run motors)
track layout hasn't changed in 10 years
Are you sure the track layout hasn't change in 10 years?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
One word: Masami

He is the tire master. He spends more time obsessing on tires than anyone. In South Africa he had at least 1 car hauler bag full of metal tins containing various traction compounds. I am sure he has tested them all at one time or another.

No one comes to an event more massively prepared than Masami.
Another 2 more words : Masayuki Miura

He did the tire tweak for Surikarn in South Africa. Still remember when he passed Masami and Baker after the start? Unbelievable...
Old 11-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know why factory teams would want to do spec tire racing especially
when the chosen tire is not always the best tire for the conditions.

It's funny how factory teams complain about the cost of tires but these are the same companies that send a motor guru with x amount of winds and brushes and has the batts galore. lol
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Legend

Later EddieO
Saw one of your own driver`s blow three brush motor`s the same day just a while ago and at the N/w Gold Cup 3 stock motor`s blew a big puff of smoke ...
Yet ...

Not one brushless did the same ....

But this was off-road

Where Eddie say`s "the motor don`t count"....
Old 11-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

QUOTE, Francis M: I don't know why factory teams would want to do spec tire racing especially
when the chosen tire is not always the best tire for the conditions.

The last time we went to a non spec tire race we spent $2500 on tires and inserts. We ended up using none of them because a team brought a new tire to the event. We ended getting tires no one else could get for our team because we were friends with one of the races that had the tires.

It's funny how factory teams complain about the cost of tires but these are the same companies that send a motor guru with x amount of winds and brushes and has the batts galore.

[b]NOT...the same companies. Drivers have motor sponsors that cover the costs of motors and batts and their chassis company that covers travel and expenses. The top drivers also have separate Radio, Speedo, Charger, Tire and Body deals.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Later EddieO
I saw one guy (bought your motors..not sponsored) blow 3 Brood 7 turns in 3 qualifiers at a state race this year so Brood is not immune to the problems everyone else is having.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It's funny how factory teams complain about the cost of tires but these are the same companies that send a motor guru with x amount of winds and brushes and has the batts galore.
Word!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.